PDA

View Full Version : Greater difference between casters in 7th edition?

Viskrit
13-09-2006, 21:01
Do you think the difference between spellcasters of different races will be greater in the 7th edition?

For example, will the elven supremacy be reflected in the rules, or will we stay with the "+1 to dispel rolls" for High Elf mages?

Will the difference between the races be greater? Should they be? Or would it just create more balancing problems?

I've been playing with the idea that only some races are allowed to field level 4 casters. Of course this will never happen, but it would be quite fitting, I think. Alternatively, wizards could generate an individual number of power dice and dispel dice.

Thoughts?

Voltaire
13-09-2006, 21:10
I believe the differences and advantages of magic will become more apparent as there is no longer the opportunity of having wizards and their batteries. It will make the mage army a bit more balanced and give people more incentive to take a Level 4 sorceror & fighting heroes.

The races without Level 4 caster (Who are they? *zom*) will be disadvantaged slightly, but overall they will be able to cope better.

druchii
13-09-2006, 21:37
I think we can see the difference in the casting in each races' army specific magic.

I think the origional spell lores from the BRB sort of denote races which only "meddle" with magic, while the special lores found in each of the books either represent an oddity in the magic phase (OK, TK, etc) or some special divergence(Necromancy) or specific specilization (the extra spell available to slaan, for example.)

It would rather bother me to see some armies limited to level 3 or lower wizards. In almost every race, you will see a paragon of their magical powers, and it seems stupidly limiting to put a hard-cap on the magic level of specific armies.

d

ExquisiteEvil
13-09-2006, 21:40
The races without Level 4 caster (Who are they? *zom*) will be disadvantaged slightly, but overall they will be able to cope better.

Dwarfs...

and Ogres unless your playing 3000pts or more...