PDA

View Full Version : Terminator sprues-decent pic

t-tauri
30-03-2005, 21:39
Found this ebay auction while Portent was down and forgot about it. Reminded by a post in the want ads. Gives a decent set of pictures of the sprues (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=44124&item=5963245334&rd=1) without the shadow in the rumour roundup. Is that a Deathwatch pad on the chest/cyclone section?

Sgt John Keel
30-03-2005, 21:45
Why do people pay more than retail for it when you can buy it in stores here? Poor UK people.

Anyway, yes it is a Deathwatch shoulder pad. You can see the =I= on the large picture.

/Adrian

hood_oz
30-03-2005, 21:55
Why do people pay more than retail for it when you can buy it in stores here? Poor UK people.
/Adrian

Why, well here in Australia we wont see release for at least another four weeks or so. IF you were desperate to have shiny new models and the boasting rights over all the GW staff here you could get them.

Personally I have more than enough terminators at the moment so I wouldnt want to pay more than retail. I would rather wait.

But I could be persuaded to look at buying new tyranid stuff....

Army box set with codex a full month before it is out here? Now THAT is tempting.

I must say I still have Space Hulk v1 Terminators sitting around, so I am VERY impressed with the quality of these models. I personally have noticed a large appearance of deathwatch pads in the SM releases, perhaps this shows the possible inclusion of some upgrades available to troops from the as yet unstarted alien hunter codex (much like the WD article of upgrading characters to have deathwatch ammo and so on)

the_yuk
30-03-2005, 23:07
Yeah people try to make alot of money on ebay like that. Also look out for postage costs, usaually more then they should be. I even saw the FREE forge world catalouge for sale on there, how stupid must some ppl be to buy stuff like that, im in Aus and they sent me one over here. But im not suprised the termies are on ebay already, some one trying to make more profit then GW.

sulla
31-03-2005, 03:53
Personally I have more than enough terminators at the moment

Heresy!!
:D

B-C Angelis
31-03-2005, 04:22
Actually, Hood, the termies are on release next wednesday! 05/04/2005.
We get them before the rest of the world( well, the U.K. and the States ;) )
BC

hood_oz
31-03-2005, 04:27
Heresy!!
:D

You think? I still have a first series metal terminator captain never put together. I simply don't have the time required to finish the 1st company.

Although I am halfway there....

At least the third company is done, now it just needs vehicles and armoured support for every squad...

Heresy is using SM terminators as stand ins for orks in mega armour. Which I have seen done. Thats Heresy. That and believing in a god other than the divine emperor of course. And badgers. Can't forget the badgers. They are SO Heresy.

sjakus
06-04-2005, 18:20
Didn't know where to place this else, but the German GW site has a decent pic of the new terminators:
http://de.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.de?do=Individual&code=99120101027&orignav=10
Is that an Inquisitorial =I= on the sergeants left lower leg??
Homing beacon looks a little bit big as well... Can't imagine your avarage Marine running around with that if he still wants to shoot a bolter?

Sjakus

Urza
06-04-2005, 19:38
Is that an Inquisitorial =I= on the sergeants left lower leg??
Homing beacon looks a little bit big as well... Can't imagine your avarage Marine running around with that if he still wants to shoot a bolter?

Its not an =][=, its a the Roman numeral 'I', to indicate either their squad or company designation.

I quite like the homing beacon that size, although I have no idea how my Scouts are supposed to carry that thing into the thick of battle :D

The Ape
06-04-2005, 22:51
There is a Deathwatch shoulder pad in the box tho

the_yuk
06-04-2005, 23:27
Maybe the beacon is transported on site in pieces by different squad members and needs to be assembled, just in case the enmey capatures it and put in in a gorge or something.