PDA

View Full Version : Sisters of Battle in City fight

Quin 242
14-09-2006, 09:25
So these girls appear to be tailor made for this. Short firing lines and plenty of flamers.

Even your regular squad can take either two flamers or a flamer and a heavy flamer. Denying all that cover AND cooking a large portion of folks at a go.

Even the tanks are designed for it. Repressor with the Pintle Heavy flamer for transport and the Immolator for more flaming goodness.
Add holy Promethium and watch the break tests roll in :)
Add in a Chimera with twin heavy flamers as transport for your Inquisitor and maybe nother for a squad of inq. storm troopers...

You can even get a pair of squads with up to 4 flame weapons each. Retributors w/ 4 heavy flamers w/ immolator as transport to save on heavy slots and then the Dominion squad with up to 4 regular flamers in another Repressor.

with all this massive flamage, why are Sisters not RULING COD battlefields?

Atherakhia
14-09-2006, 10:28
That's pretty much what the Sisters Of Battle were designed for
not large scale battles in the sense of Space Marines and Eldar, say
but for flushing out heretics and such
If I had a Sisters army (I was planning on doing a Witchhunters army at some point) I'd refuse to use them in anything OTHER than a COD battle.

Kriegsherr
14-09-2006, 10:38
Trust me: If correctly used, they DO rule cityfight.... especially against guard! :) These poor bastards even get more slaughtered than against marines in Cityfights.

Quin 242
14-09-2006, 14:24
The most Evil player hereabouts runs Nids and has thouroughly trounced everyone with his swarm of little guys army.

I think something along the lines of 20 or so flamer templates a turn mught slow him down a touch?even if it's just the fear of getting in that close... thats an extra turn where my bolter girls can do thier jobs right?

Would a melta torpedo or a lance strike be a worthwhile addition you think?
It's basically a template a turn but it's tied to one piece of terrain. Which in Cityfight could be cool... since they might have placed a strategem in there :)

sigur
14-09-2006, 14:31
That's pretty much what the Sisters Of Battle were designed for
not large scale battles in the sense of Space Marines and Eldar, say
but for flushing out heretics and such
If I had a Sisters army (I was planning on doing a Witchhunters army at some point) I'd refuse to use them in anything OTHER than a COD battle.

You might want to reconsider your attitude towards the game, my friend.:)

Cannoness Radegunda
14-09-2006, 15:09
Take it from me - Sisters are fantastic in COD and not just because of flamers, fun though they are.

Your ideal for sisters is opponents who end up in your turn within 12-18" for rapid fire goodness. The way the terrain placing and ruins as area/difficult terrain works pretty much guarentees that this happens if you are smart

Also some of the bits and bobs from the WH Codex that usually get ignored come into their own - Penitent Engines etc - while some of the stalwarts get left in the case.

And I've not even mentioned zealots with the sewer rats strategem :D

AtlantianWarrior
14-09-2006, 15:11
A lance Strike or other OS is a good thing in CoD. Even if it does not hit anything the other player will stay clear of it.

As to flamers and heavy flamers. They are a good weapon in CoD, but you wuld have to use them to your advantage. If not then you have spent points that you will not get back.

Wings of Doom
14-09-2006, 15:17
8" Range flamers are excellant, until you encounter troops with movement 19-24", jump packs etc. Or armies which go in to out range you from the start.

Flamers are at there best on faster units, my Ravenwing Bikers for example can move alot closer than Sisters or thier vehicles.

Flamers are good in CoD, but they're not the be all and end all. Try them against a Godzilla list.

Skrittiblak
14-09-2006, 15:39
Wings of Doom has nailed it. Even in city fight mobility is king. Perhaps even more so as jump infantry and the like will avoid intervening terrain. One turn they will be out of range of your flamers and the next turn they will be slicing you up in melee.

Mind you, you do have Seraphim at your disposal. Use 'em!

Cannoness Radegunda
14-09-2006, 15:51

Amen to that.

I'm in agreement about the lance strikes as well. Good area denial tool plus you may find you don't fill your Heavy Slots with the usual Exorcist/HB Retributors in COD.

Quin 242
14-09-2006, 15:57

I have a unit of 10 seraphim and a unit of 10 celestians as well as 20 zealots for close quarters fighting. Everyone else will be flaming and rapid firing.

for long range support I have an exorcist and a retibutor squad of 4 heavy bolters.

Admittedly I have very few anti tank weapons but I've found that few tanks make it onto the board in a cityfight (other than skimmers) but few Sisters armies are great at anti-tank.
YES I know about the multimeltas but as a 24" move OR fire weapon they pretty much suck trying to get into range to fire. Whirlwinds and other indirect fire weapons will be the enemy against this army.

Cannoness Radegunda hit on one of my ideas already tho. Zealots with sewer rats... I have 4 Eviscerators in that squad with at least two attacks each... hopefully they would be able to do some evil things. :)

vlorlich
14-09-2006, 16:12
My wife uses Repentia in her CoD battles. A few nights ago we played an Assassination Mission... me using guard and her SoBs. I had Repentia on me in less than two turns and the game was over by turn 5. Yes... hateful little sword wielding chicks.