PDA

View Full Version : Mounted Techmarine - cyborg centaur or riding trike?

Asq_Dak
14-09-2006, 09:27
I'm making a techmarine on a bike, but he's going to look a bit more special than that. Should I convert his whole body into a cyborg centuar, or put him on a trike?

Corai
14-09-2006, 10:31
trike, deffinitley, and if you can swing it, I'd make the rear wheels tracks. Very techy.

Llothlian
14-09-2006, 10:41
Robo Centuar body? :O

Call the Inquisition!

Hideous Loon
14-09-2006, 10:51
Robo Centaur, all the way. Sounds really cool. And it's something you don't really see every day.

Try Again Bragg
14-09-2006, 10:54
I voted centaur. Who cares about fluff- RULE OF COOL!!

bob syko
14-09-2006, 11:50
Man meets machine easily, I've never seen one before but surly it has to look cool.

IJW
14-09-2006, 11:55
If it was an AdMech then definitely the centaur. As it's a techmarine I'm not so sure.

synapse
14-09-2006, 12:58
Neither: stick him on a bike! lol :)

BLZBOB
14-09-2006, 15:38
Option three required segeway! Failing that the trike sounds good, if only because I came across my old metal mkVI techmarine on attack bike last night. Ah memories!

Locke
14-09-2006, 18:09
------NEW OPTION--------

unicycle

(Evil)Ash
14-09-2006, 18:20
------NEW OPTION--------

unicycle

ah blast, I would've voted that if I had seen it earlier. but seriously, the Centaur would be really cool but very hard. I wouldn't know where you could get a robot horse.

anyways good luck and show us some pics when you're done.

greetz,:evilgrin:

Buttons
14-09-2006, 18:27
Well functionally, how is said Techmarine going to get inside and fix the cup holder of the Land raider if he's a centaur?

Puffin Magician
14-09-2006, 18:31
If it was an AdMech then definitely the centaur. As it's a techmarine I'm not so sure.You realize who Techmarines are, right?

And what's this about the Inquisition? He's not actually half-horse, but has his lower half replaced with four robotic legs, hence "cyborg centaur".

By far the coolest idea, and I don't think I've ever seen it.

keatsmeister
14-09-2006, 18:36
I'd have to go with the cyborg centaur as well.

If you get bored, a zimmerframe smurf might be interesting...:)

Shven
14-09-2006, 20:35
I have to agree with Buttons. While I personally think a Centaur would look incredibly cool, it wouldn't be practical for a techmarine who may need to get into cramped spaces and fix stuff.

Though if you want to ignore that then go for it. He could always have some removable parts.

How about a combination of the two? Give him tracks and wheels.

brother_fandango
14-09-2006, 20:49
yep. centaur is an AWESOME idea. id love to see it.

UnRiggable
14-09-2006, 22:31
I honestly dislike both options and so I'll be abstaining this vote

brother_fandango
15-09-2006, 03:20
I honestly dislike both options and so I'll be abstaining this vote

----heritic----

Essia
15-09-2006, 03:27
I'd say Centaur. Suggest using the Inquisitor Cyber Dog. but I'm not too sure if the size is correct.

GrimZAG
15-09-2006, 07:59
Centaur machine all the way

Well functionally, how is said Techmarine going to get inside and fix the cup holder of the Land raider if he's a centaur?

How would he get in if he's wearing a servo-harness, furthermore that's what the servitors do

Inquisitor Konig
15-09-2006, 08:31
why cant he be a centaur with wheels? Ive seen a half space marine half cyber mastive from the Inquisitor range, the porportions were right but didnt really look like a bike (it was chaos and had speed). if he is going to be fast like a bike make him half man half tracked wheels...
just an idea... roll with whatever sounds coolest

Asq_Dak
15-09-2006, 09:25
Well this is my main concern, the centuar would be so cool, but would it look like it can turbo boost? I think I may just have to make one of each in the long run...

the overlord
15-09-2006, 09:46
Why not just combine the two options. Build a Centaur Trike. (Build a bike but automated where the steering is done by the bike. So you can replace the steering/ frontal with a mechanic body eitehr Men/ Horse/ Reptilian or something else depending on your Chapters background). the techmarine could then be sitting on the seat as a normal bike, or standing behind the 'centaur front' on a small plate/ free space. So you may still be able to use the techmarine as a separate model.
Otherwise you may always move into fluff. If the Techmarine does nog fit inside a crawling space he (or it) can always sent one or more of his servitors.

If getting into poll. The Centaur body sounds really original.
The Trike idea can be made into a moddelers dream.

Just my two cents,
Greetings Elise

Exploited
15-09-2006, 11:21
i like the centaur idea if it can be pulled off effectively.

tbh - make a 40k scale segeway - and have him ride around on that just for the sheer fun factor