PDA

View Full Version : Skull Pass question

Zink
14-09-2006, 15:15
Hi all. Maybe this has already been mentioned but I never saw it. Where can I see some better pics of the contents of the skull pass box set? My wife is interested in dwarfs and this box has some interesting bits. But the only good pic I've seen of any of the pieces is in the p&t forum where there is some pics of the miners. I'd like to see everything in detail if possible.

Mephistofeles
14-09-2006, 18:08
I think that there are some good pics. on the GW website, under news.

gortexgunnerson
15-09-2006, 00:26
ok I know this isnt the Skull pass stuff but for any wantybe Dwarf player check out

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48756

for a mass dwarf army! very cool, is the report from launch day where we converted at least 5 players to dwarfs

eldrak
15-09-2006, 11:54
Maybe there's some on the skullpass site?
http://skullpass.games-workshop.com/

Personally I wouldn't recommend Dwarfs to someone to use as their first or only army. The lack of movement can tend to make all games look very similar, with faster troops you get more interaction with the opponent. (Anvil, miners and movement banner can make up for this somewhat)

Zink
15-09-2006, 16:17
Thanks for the links. I've seen the BFSP dwarfs up close now. I'm not impressed with them except I like the grudge cart. The goblins are nice especially the spider riders. But I've got lots on my table before I redo my orcs and gobboes. I don't think my wife would want those dwarfs. She's not into playing yet but is collecting and painting some. So appearance is the most important thing.

Griefbringer
15-09-2006, 16:23
Having got the boxed set yesterday, I have to admit that while the goblins are quite nice, many of the dwarves suffer from pretty uninteresting poses. Especially the dwarf warriors would benefit from having their arms in some other pose, or a mixture of poses - a modelling-oriented person should not have trouble cutting them off and replacing them with spare arms from a multi-part dwarf box.

Prim
15-09-2006, 20:51
And what do you guys think about skull pass gonlins?
I play for 40k orks and now I want to try playing for fb greenies. especially with that new box (I think the price is more than good)...

VanHel
15-09-2006, 21:12
I have to say that I like the skull pass gobbos. They look small and weedy like a gobbo should.

Prim
15-09-2006, 21:23
But they are all plastic, aren`t they?
And do they include something like armybooks for both greenies and dwarfs?
+ I think gobbos is a good army to start playing wfb. Is it true?

Griefbringer
16-09-2006, 07:25
Yes, all the models in the box are plastic, as usual for GW starter set.

No, there are no army lists provided - just simple stats for the models included in the boxed set, so you are are pretty much stuck to pitting all the gobboes against all the dwarves (which should make for relatively balanced game), until you buy a full army book. Greenskins are getting a new one in three weeks.

As for the gobbo models, I find them pretty decent - and there is lots of them!

Prim
17-09-2006, 04:18
I thought they already have a new one... :(
And now, when gobbos are only 1 point cheaper then a good old ork, is it a good choice to take them?

Griefbringer
17-09-2006, 08:28
The current O&G army book was one of the first releases for 6th edition, making it almost 6 years old by now. However, dwarves got their new army book earlier this year.

Oh, and night goblins have something that orcs don't - fanatics!

Prim
18-09-2006, 05:01
well... I don`t really like the idea of FaNaTiCz...
What do you think about using all the gobbos in the box like archers? These units are gonna be core choices. And as an infantry you can use Black ORkS...
I really like those massive guys. What do you think about this?