PDA

View Full Version : tombs kings with a high priest 2000pts

greendan
15-09-2006, 19:35
Still struggling with the tomb kings
just thought id see what people think of this list
seems fairly decent to me im going to try it out this week
just feels a bit empty without a tomb king :( ...

LORDS
LICHE HIGH PRIEST - hierophant
+dispel scroll
hieratic jar

HEROES
TOMB PRINCE - general
+great weapon
armour of ages
vambraces of the sun

LICHE PRIEST
+dispel scroll

CORE:
SKELETON WARRIORS (22)
+hand weapon, light armour & shields
standard bearer

SKELETON WARRIORS (22)
+hand weapon, light armour & shields
standard bearer

SKELETON ARCHERS (10)
+bow's & hand weapons

SPECIAL:
CHARIOTS (3)

CHARIOTS (3)

USHABTI (4)

TOMB SCORPION

RARE:
BONE GIANT

SCREAMING SKULL CATAPULT
+skull's of the foe

Maynard
15-09-2006, 19:40
Definitely should have the Prince on a chariot imo and can I ask why there are 22 man(skeleton) squads?

I know what you mean with no Tomb King, the army is just so lonely :(

greendan
15-09-2006, 19:43
id make em bigger if i could afford to
i usually run a prince in a chariot
but i like the idea of two small supporting units

Kordos
16-09-2006, 00:13
Nice list but I think your skellie units are too small - you need to go for outnumbering for fear.
If you drop a chariot unit you should be able to put our prince in a chariot and add more skellies

TheDrugLordX
16-09-2006, 16:42
Nice list but I think your skellie units are too small - you need to go for outnumbering for fear.
If you drop a chariot unit you should be able to put our prince in a chariot and add more skellies
From own experiance I can say that 2 units of 22 skellies like his will do fine. I used to play with 2 20man skellie units and they worked wonders!

Personally I don't like armies without TK's, the army just kinda loses it's personal touch methinks:(

Support chariots are great! But they're not as powerful as you think. I don't ever run chariots without a character in them thesedays - the character makes all the difference! I would toy with the idea of replacing the second priest with another Prince, in chariot of course, and mounting your first prince in a chariot. This way you get 2 good supporting chariot units, and you only lose 1 dispel die!

Oh, where's your Cloak of Dunes? The best protection (and cheapest) avalible for your hierophant...:(

Other than that, I have no further comments. May the gods be with you!