PDA

View Full Version : The Army Of the High Queen

Maynard
15-09-2006, 19:42
This is the army I'm working on at the moment for Fantasy.

Let me know what you think.

The Army Of the High Queen

(Lord) High Queen Khalida Neferher

Special Rules:
Undead, Flammable, Incarnation of the Asp Goddess, The Queen’s Command, Army Of the Queen, Blessing Of the Asp, Terror, Regeneration, Curse of Queen Khalida.

Magic Item: Venom Staff
Weapons:Talons

Liche Priestess*(Hierophant)
Cloak of the Dunes
Hieratic Jar
Special Rules:
Undead

Liche Priestess
Staff Of Ravening
Special Rules:
Undead

Icon Bearer
Armour of the Ages, Vambraces of the sun.

Core Units:
20 Skeleton Bowmen
Blessing of the Asp Goddess
Light Armour
Full Command
Special Rules: Undead, Poisoned Shooting Attacks.

20 Skeleton Bowmen
Blessing of the Asp Goddess
Light Armour
Full Command
Special Rules: Undead, Poisoned Shooting Attacks.

23 Skeleton Spearmen
Light Armour
Full Command

Special:
19 Tomb Guard
Full Command
Icon Of Rakaph
Special Rules:
Free reform before declaring charges, undead, tomb blades

Rare
Screaming Skull Catapult
Skulls of the Foe
Special Rules:
Skulls of the Foe, Screaming skulls, stone thrower, undead.

*I've used Lahmian vampires to model liche priestesses, they just use normal liche priest rules though.

corben_da
16-09-2006, 07:06
Hi. Im fan of Khalida my self also and she rocks, but with 2 close combat units and with no prince on one of them you are going to be in trouble! Take off that icon bearer because its no use for TK and add that prince and another catapult and one or two tomb scorpions :) then this list shoul rock.

TheDrugLordX
16-09-2006, 16:34
1) Drop Light armour on the skeleon bowmen. Really, 6+ save is almost always a fail, not to mention that it will be ignored most of the time anyway. Those 40pts are wiser spent on other things.

I've played with khalida a couple of times, and as for the bowmen I've found that 40 of them in one big unit positioned in one long line (screening the rest of the army) with banner of the undying legion is very powerful. Combined with Khalidas irristible spell this unit will hurl an immense 80shots/turn poisiond arrows! This is a powerful tactic, just wanted to make you aware of it.

2) I see no use for that so expensive icon bearer in this list. Drop him. As someone mentioned you need more hard-hitter. A Tomb Prince would do you good, so that's a possibility. Or with the points saved from the bowmen you could try to squeeze in a unit of Ushabtis.

Cheers