PDA

View Full Version : C'tan - More slave races?

Triceron
16-09-2006, 17:59
My necron fluff isn't the best, so please correct me on anything wrong.

From what I remember, it was the Deciever who granted the Necrontyr their metallic forms. The Deciever also mentions to the Herald of the Storm that he has 'more fruitful plans elsewhere'. While this is open to interpretation, is it a plausible idea that the C'tan could have more races out in the universe that are like the Necrons? Soulless automatons gifted with necrodermis but with different technology?

Norminator
16-09-2006, 18:10
I just read it as he had more Necrons elsewhere and a different plan for them, and that the involvement on Medusa V had been a costly mistake. I don't think it meant to be hinting as far out as that, just something seperate from the Storm Lord.

gingerentity
17-09-2006, 19:34
IMHO this is a little bit of a nod to the Harlequins in the forthcoming Eldar Codex with their "plans of nightmarish finality" or something.

ArtificerArmour
17-09-2006, 20:28
He's gotta go wake up the squats and give them little robot bodies, just like those dudes in the wizard of oz 2. :D

I doubt they're planning another race, but an evil demi-God has to earn a living. I mean every necron player uses him, he'll be needed everywhere!

Lancaster
17-09-2006, 21:00
Could he possibly mean pariah? or maybe awakening the Void Dragon or The Outsider? At the very farthest stretch I'd say maybe he was hinting at some warpish thing, possibly to fight with or against chaos. I doubt it means more slave races.

Occum's razor says he is merely talking about more robots in other places, as opposed to different robots.

Skrittiblak
17-09-2006, 21:19
Another suggestion I liked elsewhere (thread lost in the flows of the warp) was that there may be more C'Tan out there perhaps that have not had a physical form built for them. C'Tan in their "star vampire" energy state.

Such C'Tan may exist in a galaxy beyond the one of the 40k setting.

malika
17-09-2006, 21:20
Wouldnt there also be other more individual Necron Lords out there, like the Herald of the Storm and that one from Xenology?

Isoroku
17-09-2006, 22:28
Humm another race servent to C'Tan? Any mention in the Xenobiology Book?

The Inedible
17-09-2006, 23:10
Wouldnt there also be other more individual Necron Lords out there, like the Herald of the Storm and that one from Xenology?

I believe that as the fluff is turning it's becoming true that ALL necrons of the "lord" class are thought to have some sense of individuality.

Triceron
17-09-2006, 23:51
Well I'm not saying the Deciever's words were specific to this idea, but I'm saying is it possible that the C'tan could have taken races other than the necrontyr and given them the same treatment. We know what Necrons are and what they look like, but considering the universe is so expansive and there are so many other creatures and such there, could there be others that have trodden down the same path.

It seems like some humans are taking the path (Adeptus Mechanicus, Iron Hands?) and some ambigious tau fluff seems to show that their dependancy on technology might push them into a similar state of the frail necrontyr race. Could there be other alien species given the Necron treatment, or would the Necrons be the only ones?

Lancaster
18-09-2006, 01:31
Well I'm not saying the Deciever's words were specific to this idea, but I'm saying is it possible that the C'tan could have taken races other than the necrontyr and given them the same treatment. We know what Necrons are and what they look like, but considering the universe is so expansive and there are so many other creatures and such there, could there be others that have trodden down the same path.

It seems like some humans are taking the path (Adeptus Mechanicus, Iron Hands?) and some ambigious tau fluff seems to show that their dependancy on technology might push them into a similar state of the frail necrontyr race. Could there be other alien species given the Necron treatment, or would the Necrons be the only ones?

It is a definate possibility. Pariah are Humans turned into Necrons.

Mechanicus
18-09-2006, 15:59

Well, the Silvae from page 50 of the Necron Codex were probably being tested for the process, and I personally believe that the Wreckers from Gorkamorka were being tested for the same process. And the timeline would work.

LordXaras
18-09-2006, 16:11
The Silvae don't fit, because they were guided away from warfare and towards intellectual development... hardly a fitting preparation for new warriors. I'd say that he just used them to suckle on their admiration, awe, and eventually, their confusion when he destroyed them.

I wouldn't rule out that the Deceiver might be preparing certain crops for immortalisation, after all - as has been pointed out - Humans are made into Necron units. The reason why he has not fully initiated such an endeavour might be that the Void Dragon is the only one with the necessary knowledge to perform a perfect transition for an entire race (I base this assumption on the notion that the Dragon is the most intelligent and technological of the four remaining ones).

Dakkagor
18-09-2006, 16:13
then again, if the necrons are vast legions of warriors, with few "leaders" (four C'tan and a lord per tomb world), then willing, intellectual slaves might be useful to the decievers plans, which is what the silvae where being set up for.

Or it was a giant head screw by the deciever. Hes like that, afterall.

LordXaras
18-09-2006, 17:04
With the level of complexity he can achieve with his plans, the goal of the Silvae incident might actually have been to make the rogue trader of the short story investigate them.