PDA

View Full Version : Can Characters be Marched Blocked?

SlaaneshSlave
18-09-2006, 02:45
The way I read the SRB, it says Characters move are skirmishers. In the shirmisher section, it says they move as regular troops. This means lone characters on foot can be march blocked.

This seems harsh for the lone char on foot who can now be targeted. Poor guy can't even run into cover.

Am I missing something?

Unwise
18-09-2006, 03:27
This sounds correct to me mate. It it not good for any characters, but spare a thought for Skaven and DE assassins. Those poor guys were seldom used before, now they will be extinct.

It appears that in 7th edition GW wants us all to have mounted characters in units.

Gorbad Ironclaw
18-09-2006, 04:32
Correct, characters can now be march blocked.

And yes, there are now more advantages to mounting a hero than there ever was before. Still, don't plan on fielding any more mounted heroes than I already do(none).

Griefbringer
18-09-2006, 08:05
However, great weapon has been toned down for mounted models (it would be better to actually arm them with halberds, if you don't mind potentially funny looks).

T10
18-09-2006, 09:04
Am I missing something?

The idea that Skrimishers/Characters can march even if there are enemies within 8" is a holdover from 6th edition. I've seen nothing to suggest any exceptions to the marching restrictions in the 7th edition ruleset.

-T10

Lt. Co Steel
18-09-2006, 15:23
So if a unit can march block a character, can a character march block a unit?

Festus
18-09-2006, 15:38
Hi

So if a unit can march block a character, can a character march block a unit?
Yes to both...

Festus

sliganian
18-09-2006, 17:18
Hi

Yes to both...

Festus

Given how much Unit Strength 5 seems to be a magic number in a few of the new rules, it would have been nice if they had applied to March Blocking as well.

Gekiganger
18-09-2006, 17:46
Given how much Unit Strength 5 seems to be a magic number in a few of the new rules, it would have been nice if they had applied to March Blocking as well.

I thought that but unless everyone has missed that part it apparently doesn't play a part in march blocking.

Gekiga Out!

Milgram
18-09-2006, 17:52
well, the march rule reflects that a unit does not think that there is something dangerous around them. is a unit of 5 skaven nightrunners more dangerous than a chariot with us4 or a fanatic? don't think so.

Gekiganger
18-09-2006, 17:55
well, the march rule reflects that a unit does not think that there is something dangerous around them. is a unit of 5 skaven nightrunners more dangerous than a chariot with us4 or a fanatic? don't think so.

Indeed, a US3 Rat Ogre/Ogre.Troll etc causes fear, much less likely to march past one of those than 5 rats in kung-fu outfits.

Gekiga Out!

sliganian
18-09-2006, 18:50
Indeed, a US3 Rat Ogre/Ogre.Troll etc causes fear, much less likely to march past one of those than 5 rats in kung-fu outfits.

Gekiga Out!

True, but then those 5 rats with pointy twigs can auto-kill a unit that flees into them, while the Troll / Rat Orgre cannot... :wtf:

Milgram
18-09-2006, 20:29
different rule. off topic. :p