PDA

View Full Version : Battle Report Empire vs Chaos up along with Warchatter broadcast!

IcedCrow
18-09-2006, 12:02
http://www.chrisnye.net/Warchatter/Warchatter.htm

The referenced battle report is linked from that page. Also feel free to go to www.chrisnye.net and hit up the wargaming section for more battle reports.

Feedback is welcome on the report or the broadcast. It's my first attempt and I know I have to work on my voice.

The broadcast was broken into several links.

Enjoy!

Void_Beast
18-09-2006, 13:02
Not working ATM, but I'll check it out later.

IcedCrow
18-09-2006, 13:18
What part isn't working?

I was just on it.

IcedCrow
18-09-2006, 13:19
I should note, the files are not set to stream. So you have to download them. That may be why you feel it's not working.

Right click on the file and then choose "save target as" onto your machine. If you click on them it will download but it doesn't really show you your progress.

The battle report can be read like my old reports without downloading the sound files, but the sound files give a narrative and reasoning, etc... as to what's going on.

Lardidar
18-09-2006, 14:28
Will check it out this evening, looking forward to it.

Peegore
18-09-2006, 15:11
Excellent, well laid-out battle-rep! The icing on the cake was the setup and turn-by-turn commentary!!!

We need more of these. Top stuff:)

Lardidar
18-09-2006, 18:46
That was a fun read, I look forward to the next one :)

I won't make comments on the game as some people will not have read it yet and I don't want to spoil the outcome for them.

ayael
18-09-2006, 19:18
fun to read and funny to :D

they just...wount...die :D

Gabacho Mk.II
18-09-2006, 19:57
Good job on the report format IC!

Nice and easy battle to read and follow.

:)

strv
18-09-2006, 20:13
Very well done, I hope chat #2 comes sone.

Dtrik
18-09-2006, 21:27
outstanding work! this is some awesome stuff and I can really really look forward to episode two. The battle report was sooooooooooooo good! Keep it up IcedCrow:D :D :D

EDIT: Oh yeah, a quote I found amusing "You have 8 lores and yet 95% of the time there are comets falling from the sky"

Dtrik
18-09-2006, 21:58
I hate to double post but I really wanted to talk about one of your discussion topics regarding the pricing of Warhammer killing the hobby. Although this topic has been beat to death, when you mentioned your friend ending GW and switching over to Warmachine it really spoke to me because I was considering the same thing. Other miniature games like Privateer Press games are MUCH cheaper to start up and when new people to miniature gaming are considering what to buy they will go to Warmachine and other similiar games rather than spending hundreds on warhammer.

Anyways, great show again, LOVED it!

Avok
18-09-2006, 22:08
Very, very well done. My imaginary hat goes off to you and Gil, sir. Keep them coming!

zak
18-09-2006, 23:06
Congratulations on a great report. Nicely introduced and well explained throughout. Look forward to the next one.:)

The boyz
19-09-2006, 11:03
Great job Icedcrow.Excellent stuff, keep it up. I just finished listening to the Battle Report and Warchatter and I really enjoyed listening to them both. I cant wait to hear more. Looking forward to the next Battle Report.

Cycorax
19-09-2006, 11:34
Nice stuff :). Well talked through, enjoyed.
Woah that spider just caught a little fly hehehe.

IcedCrow
19-09-2006, 11:50
I'm glad you all liked it. Next week, I'll be putting up Wood elves vs Chaos and we'll be discussing the various armies of warhammer, and what exactly is cheesy anyway? ;) It will be a lot of fun.

Rioghan Murchadha
19-09-2006, 13:48
I have to say, that was one of the most entertaining batreps I've read/heard in a long time. The audio really makes it. It's also interesting to hear how southerners pronounce the different warhammer names. :p

IcedCrow
19-09-2006, 14:16
Actually... I'm from the north (great lakes) ;) I don't have a southern accent, and Gil is from Montana so he's from the pacific northwest.

I'm glad you dug it. Most people liked the audio. I have only heard a couple complaints about it so far so that is encouraging.

But then again you're from Canada so we're all southerners to you heh heh!

I'd like a canadian vs american battle report on audio sometime. That would be awesome!