PDA

View Full Version : First Dark Elves Army

arkle
18-09-2006, 12:51
This my first Dark Elves list the current total is 876 what should i spend the remaining points on to bring the total up to 1000pts for a good starting force. All help is welcomed.

Sorceress with Extra Level and Dispel Scroll=155
10 Dark Elf Warriors with repeater crossbows=110
24 Dark Elf Warriors with Shields and Full Command=217
5 Dark Riders with Musican=97
Cold One Chariot with Spears=97
5 Shades=70
Reaper=100

What I have for the different phases
Magic: Sorceress, dispel scroll, shades
Movement: Shades, Dark rides
Combat:Cold One Chariot, 24 Warriors, Dark Riders
Shooting:Reaper, Repeater Crossbows

murmandamus
18-09-2006, 13:34
a darkstar cloack could be nice to enchant her ability to cast spells in adtion to scroll.

Infantry with 24 isn't necessery , i think 20 is enough for 185 pts.

Shields for your crossbowmen is good thing. They can suport main infantry unit and fend off light troops with ease.

Adding second chariot makes ytour army have a hammer unit. Just stick your chariots together through you will have trouble with stupidyty but on other hand you may be lucky.

And finaly consider adding second bolt thrower.

That should be good army for start.

As for 1k points in my opinion sorceress isn't needed it is expensive and on such small battles magic tend to havew little impact. So i take on 1k no mages and stick with noble with seal of ghrond.

You could swap her for noble in chariot with seal and you have ld 9 on chariot and accompaning chariot so less chance to go stupid.

Mephistofeles
18-09-2006, 18:30
I don't really agree about the sorceress, I think you should keep her, but you should lower her to level 1, it should be enough.

I think that 24 warriors is a good idea, since you can then take a couple of casualties and still get +3 rank bonus.

arkle
19-09-2006, 09:32
Here is a revised list

Noble with Heavy Armour, Seal of Ghrond and Chariot=194
10 Dark Elf Warriors with Repeater Crossbows and Shields=120
24 Dark Elf Warriors with Shields and Full Command=217
5 Dark Riders with Musican=97
Cold One Chariot with Spears=97
5 Shades=70
Reaper=100
Reaper=100

Total 995
I like the large unit of warriors as it means i can take a few casulaties and it also means i have the option to line up 6*4 rather than 5*5. So any further comments or changes I should make please let me know thanks. Thanks for all the help so far as both comments helped.

murmandamus
19-09-2006, 10:23
Looks fine and solid. Well i would prefer 2 units of DR but well it is hard to get the points for that. With one you have to be very carefull not to lose it because riders can help you greatly remebber crossfire rule. If you feel in mood you can also swap shades to harpies but that isn't necceserry. It depend on personal preferetion.