PDA

View Full Version : Flee from Combat Question - V7

Cruentus
20-09-2006, 13:20
Ok, so here is the situation from a game last night:

A unit of Dwarves has charged a Night Goblin unit (it did actually happen!). The Night Goblins lost the combat (no surprise) and Fled. No problem so far.

Behind the Night Goblins is a multiple combat with some Savage Orcs and Brettonian Knights (and other units who won't really impact this question).

The Night Goblins roll high enough to run into the Savage Orcs. Now, according to the rules, when you flee, and end your move on or in a friendly unit, you're moved to the other side of said unit. In this case, to move the Goblins to the other side would bring them into contact with the unit of Knights in the melee.

What happens?
1) Since the rules don't address Fleeing into or through an ongoing combat, the Goblins pass through the Savage Orcs (no panic, as they're in combat), and emerge on the other side, and are destroyed upon coming into contact with the Knights.
or
2) The Goblins pass through the entire multiple combat (or any combat for that matter), and end up on the other side
or
3) The Goblins stop prior to hitting the Savage Orcs. (This was what we did, but I got confused with 'Pursuing', so I'm sure this isn't correct).

So, how does this get resolved (or did I miss something pretty big)?

Thanks for any assistance or insight.

NakedFisherman
20-09-2006, 13:43
Ok, so here is the situation from a game last night:

A unit of Dwarves has charged a Night Goblin unit (it did actually happen!). The Night Goblins lost the combat (no surprise) and Fled. No problem so far.

Behind the Night Goblins is a multiple combat with some Savage Orcs and Brettonian Knights (and other units who won't really impact this question).

The Night Goblins roll high enough to run into the Savage Orcs. Now, according to the rules, when you flee, and end your move on or in a friendly unit, you're moved to the other side of said unit. In this case, to move the Goblins to the other side would bring them into contact with the unit of Knights in the melee.

What happens?
1) Since the rules don't address Fleeing into or through an ongoing combat, the Goblins pass through the Savage Orcs (no panic, as they're in combat), and emerge on the other side, and are destroyed upon coming into contact with the Knights.
or
2) The Goblins pass through the entire multiple combat (or any combat for that matter), and end up on the other side
or
3) The Goblins stop prior to hitting the Savage Orcs. (This was what we did, but I got confused with 'Pursuing', so I'm sure this isn't correct).

So, how does this get resolved (or did I miss something pretty big)?

Thanks for any assistance or insight.

Number one.

Shaitan
20-09-2006, 14:18
Yes, that's how we played it last night with the same situation.

I would vote for number one :)

adbower
20-09-2006, 15:51
To be destroyed by fleeing through an enemy, doesn't the enemy unit have to be unegaged?

I would vote for #2, you skip over the whole combat.

Festus
20-09-2006, 16:14
Hi

To be destroyed by fleeing through an enemy, doesn't the enemy unit have to be unegaged?
Nope, it just has to be US5+ and it must not be one the fleeing unit just broke from.

Festus

eldrak
20-09-2006, 19:44
Festus is correct, also it must be non-fleeing

Brother Asmodeus
30-09-2006, 09:15
As long as the Bretonnian Knights are unit strength 5+ the gobbo's are dead, dead, dead...

DeathlessDraich
30-09-2006, 09:22
Hi

Nope, it just has to be US5+ and it must not be one the fleeing unit just broke from.

Festus

Not just the unit it broke from.

pg 41: "The only exception to this, is that units that break and flee from a multiple combat are allowed to move through any of the enemy units they were fighting"