PDA

View Full Version : farsight and space travel

ArtificerArmour
21-09-2006, 14:35
As we all know, little is known about Farsights true intentions. Is he pushing for the creation of a fire caste ruling system, or persuing his own agenda elsewhere?

Well, I'm of the opinion its the former. But this may lead to some issues regarding space travel.

As far as I'm aware, pilots and crew of spacefaring vessels are entirely Air caste. Are these members enslaved by the fire warriors, turned with farsight, or have they been replaced with frie warriors performing their task?

Basically, are the enclaves after fire warrior dominance and the erradication of the caste system, just the disposition of the ethereal caste and ruling over the other castes, or just a society with only 4 castes.

malika
21-09-2006, 14:37
I think Farsight has the other castemembers remain to serve the Fire Caste, so there would be earth, air and watercaste members just in smaller amounts making them more valuable.

Sephiroth
21-09-2006, 15:33
Fire Caste ruling the other three Castes I'd say, either via force or reward, likely a combination of both...

yodasluck
21-09-2006, 16:11
Might there be a ruling council with Farsight as a member? I envision something akin to the 1970s Battlestar Galactica political body with Farsight not necessarily the chairperson.

The Laughing Gods Avatar
21-09-2006, 21:44
I'd always took it that the whole task force he was leading turned to Farsight as thier leader, so any other casts would continue to follow regardless.

Khaine's Messenger
21-09-2006, 23:42
Basically, are the enclaves after fire warrior dominance and the erradication of the caste system, just the disposition of the ethereal caste and ruling over the other castes, or just a society with only 4 castes.

It's possible that O'Shovah declared martial law (something it is apparently within a Commander's abilities to do) when he left Tau space and his followers simply never questioned his authority afterwards (and why would they?). Since his initial expeditionary fleet was not antithetical to the Tau'va (barring the untimely and curious death of the Ethereal leading it), there should be no reason for the Kor, Por, or Fio who would then be under his command to question his edicts. After all, they were cut off and without much support (or so he argued), and they were on a military campaign.

After a while, when it became clear that they were renegades of the Empire serving an ideal at odds with the core tenets of the Ethereals' philosophy (assuming they ever figured it out), it was already too late--the apparatus of Fire Caste "rule" had been established. But by then it is entirely possible that the other castes agree with Farsight's opinions. Heaven knows, they've been locked in the same buildings for almost three hundred years.