PDA

View Full Version : Question about thousand sons WD article, and the pre heresy helmet

Strikerkc
21-09-2006, 17:21
I'm curious where I can find the index astartes article on the thuosand sons. Is it in IA:3 or just in a white dwarf some place (I'm certain I've at least seen one) (didn't see it in IA: 1 or 2).

I'm thinking of doing a pre heresy force of them and I want to find the picture refferences in the article. Mainly for paint scheeme and to see if they had the funky head dresses at all before the heresy, or just after.
Thanks in advance.

Buttons
21-09-2006, 19:02
It's in IA3 I believe, and no they didn't have the funky headdresses at the time, just white and red with a large red M.

ShadowKitana
21-09-2006, 19:08
Actualy it was a hollow star.

Talos402000
21-09-2006, 19:17
Here's a link to the IA article, with pictures of both before and after:
http://www.redelf.h1.ru/w40k/ia/w40k_ia_ts.html

Khaine's Messenger
21-09-2006, 23:45
Well, if the HHCCG art is anything to go by *ducks* then there were certain units pre-Rubric that had the head-dress, but it was hardly a legion-wide affectation, with wierd scarab iconography, forehead horns, etc. I'd err towards the IA picture, of course, since the HHCCG stuff might reflect a growing attachment to Tzeentch or whatever.

Strikerkc
22-09-2006, 01:22
Hmmm, the more and more I look into it, the more and mroe the 1ksons don't fit what I'm planning.

Doing a death wing army rules wise useing a hybrid model (tactical marine torso head and backpack with termiantor legs and arms. Looks like a true life size marine on the table top).

Probably use Legion of the Damned as a bassis instead.