PDA

View Full Version : bloodlust's Iyanden Eldar

bloodlust
23-09-2006, 18:54
I plan on doing a 1500 point Iyanden Eldar force. I'm going to be doing Guardians until the codex comes out in America, however. Unfortunately I could only get one good picture this time, but I'm learning the limitations of my horrible camera quickly so I'll be able to post better ones.

C+C please, I'm looking to improve my painting as I've mostly painted gritty armies up until this point and I'm not as good at painting cleanly. Detail is lost in this picture, by the way.

brother_fandango
23-09-2006, 19:59
ive found all yellows benifit from either a chestnut or brown lighwash. it gives them more depth.

HPD_Andy
23-09-2006, 20:09
Here's a site with a pretty good "yellow" tutorial.

http://www.skullwhite.com/

bloodlust
23-09-2006, 23:27
Thanks for the link! I'll have another Guardian and possibly a Wraithguard posted tomorrow.

bloodlust
25-09-2006, 02:31
My camera is garbage. It cannot focus closely. This is the 2nd Guardian, I based it black, and did the process described on the site. As expected, it took much longer, but looks better.

FearFrost
25-09-2006, 02:40
Does it have macro mode? (the flower looking thing)

bloodlust
25-09-2006, 02:58
Unfortunately, no, it is a terribly cheap digital camera. There is a triangular logo on the helmet you won't be able make out because of the blurring. I am going to try and use a friend's camera though. I have some shots of unpainted squads, to give people an idea of where I'm starting from.

bloodlust
25-09-2006, 03:55
Aha! I finally got a good shot of one of the Guardians! You can see the details I painted onto the helmet! Even if the shot is poorly taken of the Fire Dragons. Also, what I plan on using (minus 9 wraithguard, wraithlord, and possibly rangers/more guardians.

HPD_Andy
25-09-2006, 18:17
Yeah, I like the second one, its got more depth and warmth to the yellow. Good job, keep going and posting!