PDA

View Full Version : S&G's SM Army ala the Brother

brother_fandango
24-09-2006, 00:33
hi all. just for S&G's, i decided to do an army i had always toyed with, but never done. its coing to be a marine army thats really pissed that "the other guy" always gets the glory. no name yet, but heres a testor.

coments and critique welcome. Im trying to go for a light bone colour, bringing up Graveyard Earth with white.

brother_fandango
24-09-2006, 18:10
Can i at leats get a "burn your brushes, youre a disgrace" comment?

FearFrost
24-09-2006, 18:20
Neat pose, but the pic is a little blurry so its hard to crit the painting.

I also have no idea what you mean with the army's theme...could you explain it a little more?

brother_fandango
25-09-2006, 01:59
i really just made it up off the bat, but the paint job and basing goes along with my IG army, so I might very well make them from the same planet. I like the idea of a monkish theme, mixed with some double handed samuri (sp?) sword action thrown in there.

FearFrost, thankyou for the post. now I dont feel forgotten. i appericat it! i give you a kudo. not two, just the one. Peace.

brother_fandango
30-09-2006, 02:10
im in need of some consulatation. my commander is going to have a jump pack, and one of his weapons is going to be a power weapon, taking the form of a hammer. to adoiv confusion, im going to have it be smaller than a thunderhammer. can anyone suggest a bit to use? im thinking of the hammer from Kral Franz (fantasy) beacuse it looks ornate and I want my commander to be ub3r n00b 5m@5h3r. (uber noon smasher)

brother_fandango
07-10-2006, 18:26
ive come to the conclusion that my IG army and SM army will be from the same system (havent thought of the name) but the IG aregoing to be from the planet Romulus, being an ice world. The SM are going to be from Remus, a desert world. my traits for SM are going to be Be Swift With THe Wind, Blessed Be the Warriors, Flesh Over Steel, and Have Faith in Suspicion.

Brush your teeth
07-10-2006, 18:48
the marine looks pretty good, not sure if this is the look you were going for but it looks very nurgle-esque.
as for the commander, im not sure about karl franz's hammer, unless its for the chapter master i think it would look a bit to ornate, i think a basic cavalry hammer from the white wolves sprue may work (the two handed one)

good luck with the project

Scorpio
07-10-2006, 19:07
double handed samuri (sp?) sword action .

Samurai is the spelling. That would be a great theme if you can pull it off.
The marines looks good but he looks like hes mainly only one color. Some diversity and contrast would do wonders for him.
I agree with Brush for your but choice. Karl Franz is extremely ornate and important so if your making a chapter master or an extremely senior/veteran model i would use it but otherwise go with the hammer from the white tolves knight sprue.

-Scorpio

schoolcormorant
09-10-2006, 22:46
i really like the blue rim on the shoulder pad, and he looks really weatherbeaten, as if the ultramarines come in do a bit of killing; you know for the cameras , but then call up these guys to finish off for them lol.

looking forward to seeing this army come along, any army list yet?

SC

Dais
10-10-2006, 07:03
i have a white samurai marine sitting on my table but regretably, no camera.
i used three spacewolf knives to make a sword sheath(or is it a scabbard?) at his waist, sculpted on a kimono over his armor dark angels style, added a topknot to the head, and gave him sandals.
combat knives and plasticard are your best bet for katans but they are a PAIN to glue on straight.

brother_fandango
13-10-2006, 20:36
here are some WIP pics. bikers, their bikes, a sergant and my commander. C&C and stuff like that, please.

Scorpio
13-10-2006, 21:29
Some very nice models there!

-Scorpio

Khrangar
14-10-2006, 03:52
Flying invisi bikes, nice idea :p. Seriously though, they look good so far but some bigger pics would help.

Khrangar

schoolcormorant
14-10-2006, 08:49
you need to get a photobucket account so you can post large pictures into your posts.
i like the look of the guy on the rock but can't see hm very well. apart from that it all looks sweet.

SC

brother_fandango
14-10-2006, 23:47
heres a big pic of my commander. if this is the right size, ill post em like this from now on.

http://s91.photobucket.com/albums/k288/brother_fandango/?action=view&current=DSCF0346.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch1

Erestor
15-10-2006, 00:24
It's a nice conversion, good base, dynamic pose, but the painting doesn't look finished. Is it finished, if so, you might want to do some more work as the white, esp on the jump pack looks a bit flat, it could use some shading.?

It's tough to tell, your light is not helping the photos much.

brother_fandango
15-10-2006, 00:42
nope, the commander is a WIP

brother_fandango
20-10-2006, 06:50
hers part of my vet squad. im treating them as mini hq's in their own right, giving them each their own character. one is going to be an aspiring company chaplian. they make me giddy just thinking of all the bitz possibilities possible for them!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k288/brother_fandango/Warhammer/DSCF0366-1.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k288/brother_fandango/Warhammer/DSCF0365.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k288/brother_fandango/Warhammer/DSCF0366.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k288/brother_fandango/Warhammer/DSCF0369.jpg

schoolcormorant
20-10-2006, 11:29
love the commander, looks like he's about to pounce on some foolish tau patrol, and well, you know.... dessimate them.
SC

brother_fandango
20-10-2006, 17:02
If my army is taking a Roman-esque type of theme, what are the thoughts on a Librarian put in there? id replace the Chappy with him, but I dont know if he'd fit the theme...