PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Question

Gekiganger
24-09-2006, 14:15
Im new to chaos so I have 2 questions about crossing BoC and HoC things.

1: Can BoC heroes be used in a HoC army without any changes to cost etc
2: Can HoC heroes use BoC magic items and the same with BoC heroes and HoC items.

I think the answer is yes to both but I want to be sure.

Thanks in advance

Gekiga Out!

Gorbad Ironclaw
24-09-2006, 14:17
Essentially the two books are one big book, with some special rules regarding army selection based on who is the general.

Question 1: Yes.

Question 2: Yes(as far as I remember). However, be aware that some of the magic items and characters have specific limitations on who can use them and what can be taken.

Griefbringer
24-09-2006, 14:49
Just remember that the character with the highest LD has to be the general (and the general defines whether it is a mortal, beast or daemon army).

Dr. Who
24-09-2006, 16:22
1. Yes.
2. Yes, unless otherwise noted. Remember BoC characters cannot use enchanted items.

- Dr.

Gekiganger
24-09-2006, 16:36
1. Yes.
2. Yes, unless otherwise noted. Remember BoC characters cannot use enchanted items.

- Dr.

Thanks for that. Most likely wouldn't have remembered that beasties couldn't use enchanted items otherwise. :)

MarcoPollo
26-09-2006, 02:52
Also there are some rules regarding minotaurs and the types of mark you can have. And I have been told that you can have a lord of Tzeetch without any units with the Tzeetch mark.

Also the Hell cannon can only be used by mortal armies (i.e. mortal generals).

TheWarSmith
26-09-2006, 03:28
once you establish what type of lord you have(mortal/daemon/beast), heroes can be chosen freely from all the types. As far as I know, no hero from either book has a LD higher than any lord.

So once you have your general, core troops that aren't of his alignment become special, but special/rare/heroes stick with what they are. Minotaurs simply have to take the mark of the general i believe.

I dont' remember what the rules for mark mixing are(i.e. general w/ mark of slaanesh, and troops of khorne, etc.)

AngelofSorrow
26-09-2006, 04:43
If your General is tzeentch, khorne, slaanesh or Nurgle Marked u may only have The same Mark as the general, no mark , or chaos undivided mark

if your general has the mark of chaos undivided you are free to mix and match as you please
also if your general is undivided and you have for example another character with the mark of Khorne you must also have a unit with the mark of khorne and the same goes for the other 3 marks as well.

T10
26-09-2006, 06:55
As far as I know, no hero from either book has a LD higher than any lord.

Stay clear of the Beast Wizard Lord character, and you should be ok. :)

So once you have your general, core troops that aren't of his alignment become special, but special/rare/heroes stick with what they are. Minotaurs simply have to take the mark of the general i believe.

I dont' remember what the rules for mark mixing are(i.e. general w/ mark of slaanesh, and troops of khorne, etc.)

"Alignment" may not be the right word for the Beast/Daemon/Mortal trinity, but yeah, that's the gist of it.

The Mark rules are simple, really.

General has Mark of Chaos Undivided: Troops and characters may have no Mark or any Mark.

General has Mark of Khorne: Troops and characters may have either no Mark or the Mark of Khorne.

General has Mark of Nurgle: Troops and characters may have either no Mark or the Mark of Nurgle.

(etc.)

-T10

AngelofSorrow
26-09-2006, 07:00

General has Mark of Chaos Undivided: Troops and characters may have no Mark or any Mark.

General has Mark of Khorne: Troops and characters may have either no Mark or the Mark of Khorne.

General has Mark of Nurgle: Troops and characters may have either no Mark or the Mark of Nurgle.

(etc.)

-T10

I think my post above covered that pretty well
but yours is easier to read:D

Lyquis
26-09-2006, 07:14

(etc.)

-T10

If your general is marked you may take Mark of Undivided.

AngelofSorrow
26-09-2006, 07:44
as I said

did no one read my post

T10
26-09-2006, 08:08
If your general is marked you may take Mark of Undivided.

Doh! I forgot. Thanks!

-T10

Lyquis
26-09-2006, 08:53
as I said

did no one read my post

I was just trying to clear up T10's post, no disrespect intended Angel of Sorrow.:angel:

Rioghan Murchadha
26-09-2006, 12:27
And this is why Chaos needs 1 single, easy to comprehend list for 7th edition, not 2.5 books that have completely dissimilar layouts, nor the abortive ************* that is the 40k Chaos Space Marines codex.

Questions like these should never need to be asked, yet the answer isn't nearly as obvious as it should be unless you've been playing the army for a while.

T10
26-09-2006, 12:42
I think the Chaos Army list is just swell.

It only gets confusing if you try to push the envelope and go looking for trouble.

Like trying to get a Khorne Mortal General and a Keeper of Secrets in the same army. Or getting bogged down with how Special and Rare units work in context with the Beast/Daemonic/Mortal trinity...

-T10

AngelofSorrow
27-09-2006, 05:12
I have to agree with T10 here the book is in a great format.
It is very easy to understand but its is alos understandable that some people new to the army may be confused by it at 1st.
Especially if the they think it works the same as the CSM Codex.
I have alot of people tell me that I can't have khorne and slaanesh in the same army.

Ah the underestimated power of a general with the Undivided mark