PDA

View Full Version : More Trolls - GDUK

crouchingotter
24-09-2006, 20:29
Did anyone else notice the 2 Trolls in the display case at the Design section?

They're the same type as the one in Battle For Skull Pass. I managed to ask Jes Goodwin about them. I asked if they were prototype designs for the one that eventually was included in the BFSP box.

He said that the two trolls were to be released as metals to allow for a unit of trolls of that type.

Did anyone happen to take a picture of these? If so, it'd be very nice of you to post it.

Zodiac
24-09-2006, 20:43
Were they as ugly as the one from the skull pass set?

crouchingotter
24-09-2006, 20:49
Were they as ugly as the one from the skull pass set?

As opposed to a sexy troll? :)

Reabe
24-09-2006, 20:53
Any chance of a rough description? I guess one was a stone troll and the other a river troll?

Drake_Marcus
24-09-2006, 21:02
Any chance of a rough description? I guess one was a stone troll and the other a river troll?

The original poster said they were like the ones in the Battle for Skull Pass boxed set so I assume they're intended to be used for units that don't buy the stone or river troll upgrade.

Reabe
24-09-2006, 21:04
I thought the Troll from the set was a Stone Troll, although renamed a "Cave Troll" to help the LOTR kiddies get into Warhammer.

crouchingotter
24-09-2006, 21:06
The original poster said they were like the ones in the Battle for Skull Pass boxed set so I assume they're intended to be used for units that don't buy the stone or river troll upgrade.

Yeah they were the "common" Troll variety and looked exactly like the one from Battle For Skull Pass. The ones in the case were plastics but Jes said they were coming out as metal blisters ( I forgot to ask when... doh!).

One of them was holding a rather large bone as a club. I can't quite remember what the other one had.

Melchor
24-09-2006, 21:09
[...]
The ones in the case were plastics but Jes said they were coming out as metal blisters ( I forgot to ask when... doh!).
[...]

Could be resin. GW has been known to cast metal models in resin for display/test purposes.

Cool news by the way. I liked the new troll.

Dosadi
24-09-2006, 21:14
Yay!
I wasn't going to bother painting up the BfSP troll as I already have 3 river tolls and 6 stone trolls. Guess I'll have to get these and make a total of 12 trolls in my army. Welcome to Troll Country!

Dosadi

Harry
24-09-2006, 21:35
Could be resin. GW has been known to cast metal models in resin for display/test purposes.

Cool news by the way. I liked the new troll.

Your both right.
They were resins.
They will be metal.

Gekiganger
24-09-2006, 23:17
Ugh, the new sculpt is ugly although fitting for a common troll.

I entered this thread half hoping for 'Secret Plastic troll kit rumoured long ago' to be unleashed upon the world. :p

Shimmergloom
25-09-2006, 02:59
With troll unit size being 1+ now, why would you need to buy a set of 2 trolls to have a unit of 3?

Seems like it would have been better to just have a box of 3 of the plastic bfsp trolls with maybe a sprue of bits to customize them to be stone, river or chaos trolls.

Dspankdo
25-09-2006, 03:59
Could someone please post pics of these for those of us who didn't go to games day

Avian
25-09-2006, 07:46
I thought the Troll from the set was a Stone Troll
It is certainly crusty enough to be a Stone Troll, though we don't really have any "normal" trolls in the current line, so it's a bit hard to tell.