Light Armour
Shields
Champion
Standard Bearer
Musician

Total Points:2997
Dispel Dice:7
Power Dice:BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!:evilgrin:

This list is going to be used against Wood Elves this weekend, and then in a tournament this Spring against varous armies. This is my first experience using Marauders and Marauder Horsemen, so any and all advice is welcome. I need a balanced army that is ready for everything.(Well, as much as possible)

Brother Maynard
27-09-2006, 18:19
Perhaps you should dump the shields on the Mauraders with the flails (they're two handed wepons anyway) and scrape some points together to get a couple units of warhounds for screens.

fubukii
27-09-2006, 18:30
You should get rid of the point costs for individual upgrades and items as it breaks some of warseers rules i believe, I would just Post what the unit or character has and his total cost. I would also suggest bigger Marauders units at least 20-25 as in the new rules you need to have ranks of 5 to gain a rank bonus.

Dragon of the Pants
27-09-2006, 18:49
I editted to remove points costs.

I gave them shield to deal with shooting, and I don't really have to points to make 2 units of 20 marauders even if I take away the shields. I could add a unit of warhounds to screen, but isn't that what the horsemen are for?

ROCKY
27-09-2006, 19:05
too many points on characters and only seven dispel dice? in a 3000 point game? and your marauder units are very small, In these games I would put a lord (not on a dragon) and 2-3 exalteds (two of them on juggers) and I would take knights, chariots, furies, flesh hounds, and the warriors are more effective at 14 (2x7) and marauders should be at least 20-24strong. and we need warhounds.

Dragon of the Pants
27-09-2006, 19:13
I thought the Juggernaut was discontinued. It's not on the order form at my hobby store anymore. What should I do with my lord then? Put him on a steed and run him with the knights?

If exalteds are on juggers will they run solo?

If I nix the dragon I'll certainly have enough points to fix up the rest, but where should I put the characters?

Also, you're suggesting I lose the dragon, so I'd have 360 extra points. How am I going to get an juggers, another exalted, 2 more warriors, 8 more marauders, chariots, flesh houbnds AND warhounds for that?

ROCKY
27-09-2006, 19:21
I thought the Juggernaut was discontinued. It's not on the order form at my hobby store anymore. What should I do with my lord then? Put him on a steed and run him with the knights?

If exalteds are on juggers will they run solo?

If I nix the dragon I'll certainly have enough points to fix up the rest, but where should I put the characters?

Also, you're suggesting I lose the dragon, so I'd have 360 extra points. How am I going to get an juggers, another exalted, 2 more warriors, 8 more marauders, chariots, flesh houbnds AND warhounds for that?

first no juggers are not extinct.
second, no they will not wonder off alone, u can either put them on steeds and stick them with units of 3or 4 nights (6 is too big), or put an exalted on a jugger in the middle of an infantry marauder unit (preferebly 20)
how to make points? get rid of the thirster, he is only one monster and is worth 650points, plus he is a large target so getting rid of the dragon and the thirster = roughly 1010 points which is a whole THIRD of your army

Dragon of the Pants
27-09-2006, 19:24
Knights are 4+. The way I imagined it was An exalted on Chaos steed and 3 Knights on each side, but I can easily change that.

Get rid of the Bloodthirster? But...he kills so much. He decimates unit after unit solo. I don't know if I could make that up with more core stuff. Are you suggesting I run 2 Lords of Khorne then?

ROCKY
27-09-2006, 19:32
Knights are 4+. The way I imagined it was An exalted on Chaos steed and 3 Knights on each side, but I can easily change that.

Get rid of the Bloodthirster? But...he kills so much. He decimates unit after unit solo. I don't know if I could make that up with more core stuff. Are you suggesting I run 2 Lords of Khorne then?

Trust my buddy ONE lord is enough, give him the gaze, and enchanted shield, and the axe of khorne and u have you sir a sadistic 6 WS8 S5 attacks and 2 S4 attacks for the steed and a 0+armor save and a 5+ward save and the killing blow. give an exalted the berserker sword and watch the blood fly!
lets add this up shall we? lord+3exalteds = 21 attacks
blood thirster= 7
u can stick them in units
u cannot stick a bloodthirster in a unit
u can give you MANY characters different jobs
u only have on thirster and if he dies 650 goes up in smoke

ROCKY
27-09-2006, 19:33
and if u think u are god give your khorne lord the daemon sword 8S7 attacks? hell yes!

Dragon of the Pants
27-09-2006, 19:41
Well technically the Thirster has 8 attacks, due to frenzy. Plus, WS10 and S7.

I don't want to use the demon sword, since I'f afraid of him killing himself.

ROCKY
28-09-2006, 11:01
Well technically the Thirster has 8 attacks, due to frenzy. Plus, WS10 and S7.

I don't want to use the demon sword, since I'f afraid of him killing himself.

that is true, this anyhow is your choice. big army or heavy characters

Dragon of the Pants
28-09-2006, 12:44
Well I can't try too much at once. I'm going to try my current list out this weekend and then I'll do MUCH more tweaking before the tournament in Spring. I'll probably try posting another list asking for advice sometime next week.