PDA

View Full Version : Craftworld Calaelen (Doomseeker); army symbol

Mojaco
27-09-2006, 23:57
Heya. I need opinions. What logo is the most eldar? I want something simple that fits within the Eldar line of symbols that I can put anywhere on a model. I'll put pictures of the actual models up friday, since I don't have any finished models here, but it's enough to know that they're warlock purple/white (some pictures ar here; http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46783&highlight=revenant, but those were WIP)

Take a pick!

UnRiggable
28-09-2006, 02:25
top left - looks vaguely like an eye

F4113N
28-09-2006, 02:58
botom right

Puffin Magician
28-09-2006, 03:17
Hmm, I can't actually see hexagons being used as decoration on Eldar models. Maybe it's too much time being spent learning Chemistry, but they make me think of benzine and phenol.

Eldar symbols have pretty much always been triangles and circles/arcs, with little + and E shapes extending out of them. Nothing wrong with these symbols, but if you look at the more traditional styles, it instantly says "Eldar!".

Siromcyre
28-09-2006, 05:07
I concur, none of those symobls is particularly eldar. Eldar runes have flowing lines and are quite intricate. I have certainly never seen a hexagon being used before, but with a some modification, it could work out somehow.

Perhaps try again with some different shapes and then ask for some more opinions.

Mojaco
28-09-2006, 06:19
The hexagon is covering most of my models. So therefor it would fit with my army particulary, and I didn't find it too far off from a triangle.

It does feel more Tau though, I got that too.

KnightofUltramar
28-09-2006, 06:37
Hey Mojaco. I really like those hexagons. They look kinda digital IMO, as if the is a race with more computer technology and using this to materealize(sp?). Is the revenant already finished?

KoU

Mojaco
28-09-2006, 07:51
Nope, Revenant is on hold. I've got an eldar army to finish by the 14th of october (GT).