PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Tzeentch Mortals

Kadris
28-09-2006, 03:27
I'm attempting to stick to lore as i've finally received (and read the intro's to the 4 gods) Liber Chaotica Complete in making a 2K Chaos Mortals list. So far Tzeentch is my favorite for lore (insanity!!) and this is what i've come up with.

Chaos Lord @ 493 Pts
MoT, Shield, Staff of Change, Golden Eye of Tzeentch, Disc of Tzeentch

Chaos Sorcerer @ 160 Pts
Lore of Fire, Magic Level 2, Dispel Scroll, Spell Familiar

Bray Shaman @ 160 Pts
Lore of Shadow, Magic Level 2, Staff of Darkoth, Dispel Scroll

2x 8 Gor / 9 Ungors Beast Herd @ 107 Pts ea.
Standard, Musician

18 Marauders @ 141 Pts (5x3 +3 or 6x3)
Light Armour; Shield; Standard; Musician

18 Chaos Warriors @ 300 Pts (6x3)
Undivided; Shield; Full Command

2 Chaos Chariot of Tzeentch @ 140 Pts ea.

4 Screamers of Tzeentch @ 132 Pts

4x 5 Chaos Warhounds @ 30 Pts ea.

Casting Pool: 12
Dispel Pool: 6
Model Count: 100

I've considered scrapping points from the hounds and herds to get the blasted banner for the warriors (to burn off dispell dice) or to give the warriors MoT, but i dont want to make the warrior group too points heavy as i already have a bullseye on the Lord and i won't want to bring down my number of units too much either.
Any insight, criticism and even insults are welcome as long as they get me closer to a fun list.

ROCKY
28-09-2006, 11:08
I would ditch the sorcerer and take an aspiring champ of tzeentch, because he can mug as well as cast spells.

Kadris
28-09-2006, 16:14
So the only thing that could be improved/changed is the characters?
cool, thanks

Tobias
28-09-2006, 17:20
I would drop the 2 normal sorcerers, get an aspiring champion with 2 scrolls, and take another unit :)

metro_gnome
28-09-2006, 17:59
better yet get a beastlord and an exalted champ... staff for beast lord, eye for exalted...
the exalted can still be the general... i would mount him in a chariot... but a disc works just as well...
and the Beastlord is wicked cheap for a level 4 caster... and can lay a smack down to boot...

Kadris
28-09-2006, 18:33
I'll have to think about replacing the 2 casters with one.
The lord is kinda set as i've already started modelling him (the staff is a large part of the theme as is the disc, the disc i can get on a cham, but the staff needs a lord).

metro_gnome
28-09-2006, 18:38
yeah the beastlord gets the staff...
the exalted gets the eye and is mounted on your disk...
your champ doesnt have to have the staff... it could be a huge halbred... which i recomend...

i actually play the third hero (an aspiring BSB) in this character config... mounted and with knights...
because Tzeench needs all the breaks on psychology it can get...

Kadris
28-09-2006, 18:52
i agree it would probably be better to setup my characters like you say, but i've already started on a design of a general on a disc with a staff in his hand and i dont want the time i've put in gone to waste as i'd like to field this army by next month if i can finish the models and painting by then.

Tobias
28-09-2006, 19:09
I'll have to think about replacing the 2 casters with one.
The lord is kinda set as i've already started modelling him (the staff is a large part of the theme as is the disc, the disc i can get on a cham, but the staff needs a lord).

Why not? You got a better fighter, and an extra unit, but only 1 pd less(because of the extra unit gets a mark) and get so much more tactical advance :)

Kadris
28-09-2006, 19:21
Why not? You got a better fighter, and an extra unit, but only 1 pd less(because of the extra unit gets a mark) and get so much more tactical advance :)

but i also loose access to fire spells (which isnt that bad) and shadow and the spell coming with the staff item which both increase the movement of my troops. thats why im thinking about it cause it begins to limit how i play the army.

Tobias
28-09-2006, 19:40
Yup I know, but such an item will be dispelled most of the time, I atleast suggest dropping the other mage then, for a unit.

laughingman
28-09-2006, 23:53
ok, i am a little worried about the huge warrior unit, Normal warrioirs, one attack str 4 and your paying 300 points for the unit, I say keep the lord the way ou want, drop the warriors in favor of either two things, chosen knights another maurader unit, but drop the 20 dogs to 10, 20 is more than you should pay for sacrifice units.

Kadris
29-09-2006, 13:05
thanks everyone, i think i've got a decent list now. I was trying to utilize the warriors cause i got 2 boxes at almost 1/2 price, but i have knights too so i'll use those. gotta come up with lore for it all now :)