PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a competitive Bret lord build with 219 pts to spend..

Felix
29-09-2006, 11:30
Hi ppl,

I am building a Bret army with a strong focus on Core units.. As a result of this I only have 219 pts remaining to spend on my lord, does anyone have a competitive build for a bret lord using only 219 pts.

Thanks in advance.

samw
29-09-2006, 13:51
Bret Lord-110
Horse-21
Silver Lance-65
Shield-3
Cuirass of fortune-20

Exactly 219 pts, almost guaranteed 4 dead infantrymen on the charge. A bit light against other characters though, so don't go challenging any Chaos or Blood Dragon Lords.

sephiroth87
29-09-2006, 15:00
My personal favorite is a Bret lord with a Royal Pegasus, Enchanted Shield, Gauntlet of the Duel, and the Wyrmlance. I think it comes to 205 points.

Fly him to the back of a unit, use the breath weapon. If they don't run charge the next turn and challenge the opposing character at the same time you hit them from the front with a knight unit. It's a nasty, nasty combo.

Felix
29-09-2006, 15:09
Hmmmm..... no virtues??? I like the royal peg lord, however, I would need to find the points for another Knight of the realm since he was originally intended for heading up a lance... (9 man total)

Morgrin
29-09-2006, 15:31
If they don't run charge the next turn and challenge the opposing character at the same time you hit them from the front with a knight unit. It's a nasty, nasty combo.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember something in the rulebook about issuing chalenges only to characters fighting in the "battle", ie, in btb with something from the enemy unit.

6ed book is nowhere to be found and the 7ed one is still on the mail (I hope).

sephiroth87
29-09-2006, 17:11
There was a rules question about challenging in the 7th edition rules here. The general consensus is that you could legitimately challenge an opposing character this way.

You can find the thread here:

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49708

I may be reading it wrong, but that's what it looks like to me.

(//.-)
29-09-2006, 21:47
Hi ppl,

I am building a Bret army with a strong focus on Core units.. As a result of this I only have 219 pts remaining to spend on my lord, does anyone have a competitive build for a bret lord using only 219 pts.

Thanks in advance.

There are a couple of options:

All of my lord's operate on the same basic few items, with others interchanged for experimentational purposes.

Basic:
Lord
Virtue of Confidence
Gauntlet of the duel

This configuration is quite obvious. Issue a challenge, which cannot be declined, and you get free re-rolls on your to-hit and wound!

I used to equip him with the sword of the quest and a questing vow (back when questing knights were worth their weight in gold) but since the nerf to QKs I tend to shuffle my lord up a bit.

Now he either uses the Lance of Artois (I LOVE killing blow!) or the sword of might.

e

Felix
02-10-2006, 10:17
I have come up with 1 (pretty obvious imho) virtue of Joust + lance of artois + gromril great helm

lord gets a 1+ save and gets to rerol failedl hits in charge with a KB lance... The fun thing is that I did need a magical weapon (against etherials/forest spirits/daemons) for him. lord has a barded bret warhorse and a shield.

That leaves me with 5 pts which I can spend on shields for my Mounted Yeomen.

is this a good or bad combo?