PDA

View Full Version : Communications Headings

Easy E
29-09-2006, 21:33
Silly question here folks,

Can someone post an example of a communications heading for an Imperial document. Preferably from some adepts in one deptarment to adepts in a different department. Basically, what's the memo leaderhead look like, and what elements should be in it?

Pilgrim
29-09-2006, 22:18
There are a number of examples of Imperial documents and reports scattered throughout the background, which give a general idea of what you would expect to see at the top of an official document or communique.

To the best of my knowledge, there have never been any examples of internal documents, like the ones you are looking for information on. It is possible, however, to make an educated guess, and I would imagine that they are very similar to the examples already seen (primarily military).

Elements I would expect to see would be the name of the sender and sendee, the subject of the document (whether it be a supply request, minutes of a meeting, or whatever) and the timestamp. For documents originating on Earth, the timestamp will have the prefix of 0 (for an Earth-standard date), for all other planets the likely prefix will be 6 (a source not transmitted immediately by astropath, but whose date can be accurately determined).

Hope this is what you are after.

Adrian

Puffin Magician
29-09-2006, 22:40
Depends on how specific you want it to be. I've seen four examples.

• An internal memo might simply have a To, From, Date, Subject and generic "thought of the day" or "we <3 the Emperor" statement at the top, followed by the message and a formal closing.

• The beginning of this (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=958237&postcount=90) post is the one most commonly seen in WDs and Codecies and such, and is what I think you're referring to.

• Imperial Armour Volume One has two: the first is a simple technical document for each tank, labelling key information [designation, patterns, crew, weapons, weight, etc] with a letterhead reading "Adeptus Mechanicus Departmento Manufacturium: Technical Specifications" as well as the date and signature of a Magos Fabricator in the bottom right. The second example is a simple logbook excerpt indicating date, location, and weather conditions along with a brief entry, and a maintenance report at the end.

The Imperial Army, like any other organization, has widely varying document rubrics depending on the department: Imperial Colonels in the field are probably a lot more lax than Adeptus Mechanicus Enginseers and Administratum members.

Khaine's Messenger
29-09-2006, 22:42
Letterheads for letters delivered in person will be limited to official insignia and maybe a bit of routing information (either as part of the message itself or as an attached protocol) if anything at all; wax seals and stamps are also not outside the realm of possibility. It should be noted that a variety of Astropathic communique's have also have watermarks or pre-printed devices (and other such things) in/on their printout forms as well.