PDA

View Full Version : BfSP Goblins vs. Boxed Goblins

skyfurnace
30-09-2006, 02:41
Does anyone happen to know if there's a difference between the gobbos included in Battle for Skull Pass and the gobbos that are sold in regiment boxes?

I know that in Battle for Macragge, the Space Marines that are included in the box are pretty "static" and require little or no assembly whatsoever. The gobbos of BfSP look similarly static - all in the same pose, all variants of three or four different molds - and I'm wondering if the models that come in the regiment boxes have a little more freedom for modelling.

Don't get me wrong, as I'm really NOT all that whipped about gluing every single leg onto a giant spider to give it "flavor," but I would like a modicum of expression if at all possible.

If anyone knows, I sure would appreciate it.

jansenm
30-09-2006, 02:47
yes u are correct they are one piece moulds
so they ae pretty static
spiders are 2 piece fit.

goblin in the box sets are 5 piece. and they are also larger

zodgrim
30-09-2006, 03:35
They are different. I've seen the sprues. I think that both the BoSP gobbog and the multi-part gobbos are fine. Of course, if you want them to have hand-weapons, get the new night gobbo boxes, not BoSP.

TheWarSmith
30-09-2006, 04:15
the spider riders in regiment boxes aren't TOOO much different from the BFSP ones. They come with spiffier command options as well as bow options, and i believe shields, but that's about it.

Griefbringer
30-09-2006, 08:34
Are we talking of the old or new multi-part night goblin box?

The old night goblin box has quite a lot poseability, the new one less - take a look at the sprues pics in the rumour round-up or so. Essentially, the new multi-part night gobbos come with head, body and legs all moulded in one piece, the only thing you get to pose are the arms (and the shield arms seem to come with the shield moulded on already). However, there are options to arm the gobboes with hand weapons or with nets.

As for the number of poses in the Skullpass box, I counted 7 different poses spear gobboes, 3 different poses for gobboes with bows, plus all the three champions/musicians/standards are different.

skavenguy13
30-09-2006, 12:11
The BFSP gobbos have that bar under their feet so you can "click-base" them. Like most metal models human-size.

They all come with spear and shield (or the archers). The spear wouldn't be too hard to transform in a hand weapon I think, except the bottom touches their feet, so you would need to re-sculpt the feet a little bit.

The shields are awful though. There's the shield and then some thick plastic, which should have been removed. It looks like they're have computer screens a shields or something. Only a very good sculptor could remove them without the goblin looking very weird. Because the entire hand is supposed to be there, but isn't.

truthsayer
30-09-2006, 21:26
Ive got both sets and they are exactly the same models just in bits (spears are anyway) if I were to choose I would have the ready made ones every time (the prospect of putting together all those goblins makes me puke).

Dranthar
01-10-2006, 04:10
As has been said, the BfSP night goblins are all one piece (aside from the big boss and his squig), while the upcoming boxed set is mostly 2-3 piece (body and 1-2 arms, depending on what you equip them with).

The only reason I can imagine why anyone would get the upcoming night goblins box would be for the nets and the hand weapons. If you want spears or bows, the BfSP gobbos are cheaper yet still look great (IMO :rolleyes: ).

Rikkjourd
01-10-2006, 17:00
the upcoming boxed set is mostly 2-3 piece (body and 1-2 arms, depending on what you equip them with).

What weapon config should I choose to have one-armed gobbos? 0_o

strv
01-10-2006, 18:00
At least some of the bows are one piece.

Multifarious
01-10-2006, 18:25
Some of the bows have two arms, one drawing the bow, another placing the arrow, and they are a set distance apart. You glue them on and then angle the bow up or down.

dave is the best
01-10-2006, 18:39
i could post a pic of the spures if wanted