PDA

View Full Version : mordheim dwarves

magnificent*
30-09-2006, 12:59
I might try painting the dwarves in battle for skull pass and forming the ones I paint the least crapiest into a mordheim gang. I have started converting an artillery crewman with a beer in one hand so he has no armour. This unarmoured drunk will count as a trollslayer ( he may be a drunk but he is a mean drunk).
I will definitely use the engineer model and I wll definitely use an ogre but what should they be armed with?

Finding opponents might be a problem so change the rules so
people with a warhammer can throw together an interesting gang straight away.
Maybe state that one
one henchmen can have a warhorn and one henchman can be a standard bearer .

Toppan
02-10-2006, 00:23
hm well there is always warhammer skirmish...

and finding opponents should not be a problem. show them (whfb players) the mordheim book...show them warbands, tell them about injury rolls and experience...i have a league of about 10 players at my store.

Quin 242
02-10-2006, 02:58
Why would you use the cannon crew as a slayer when the set comes with a Slayer (Albeit the WORST slayer sculpt ever)?

I'm not getting the reference to an Ogre? Dwarf warbands cannot take an ogre?

Dwarf Mordheim Warbands are pretty sweet tho and they stick around pretty well with the needing a 6 to take out of action and all.

I've got maybe 5 guys who play now and trying to convert more followers as I go.

TKitch
03-10-2006, 18:01
fair warning, the 6 to OOA only helps really in shooting.

once you make CC, the Auto-OOA rules take over and suck a lot harder.

TKitch
03-10-2006, 18:05
there aren't any really good rules for standards and war horns in mordheim. (They do exist, but they're kinda weak.)

They can also only be taken by heroes. You can also tweak the rules slightly to your advantage.

Dwarf Handgun - This handgun is slightly lighter than the empire version, and when in the hands of a skilled dwarf can be fired much faster than the empire's handgunners can make theirs do.

Dwarf Handgun - Counts as Crossbow

;). Perfectly legal, and it makes some sense.

Quin 242
03-10-2006, 20:57
fair warning, the 6 to OOA only helps really in shooting.

once you make CC, the Auto-OOA rules take over and suck a lot harder.

You only get Auto OOA if you fall down and are on your own... Good reason to keep a couple folks round about. They fight off the baddies while your stunned folks roll over and get up :)

Griefbringer
03-10-2006, 21:20
Why would you use the cannon crew as a slayer when the set comes with a Slayer (Albeit the WORST slayer sculpt ever)?

To get two slayers without additional purchases?

Another way would be to use the tied up slayer for the time being - just put him on a base, and say that he is so mad that the other dwarves have had to tie him up, though during the battle they let him hop around and bite the enemy.

magnificent*
03-10-2006, 22:55
Sorry for being confusing, dwarfs can take ogres according to the who takes who article and I will definitely take one.

To get two slayers without additional purchases?

Exactly I want two slayers without buying them since the slayer model sucks I will probably make 2 drunks to count as slayers.

Fastforward rlz
05-10-2006, 23:31
Really interesting ideas guys. This one guy in our campaign has dwarfs and all of them have hand guns!! kinda scary yet i've not fought w/him yet

snurl
10-10-2006, 09:48
Watch out for the Dwarves with guns.
My dwarf warband lost it's first 6 games, then won every one after that, until we stopped playing. Once your dwarves get a few of the shooting skill upgrades, and a lucky charm, they are second only to undead in their unstoppableness.

Quin 242
10-10-2006, 12:05
I'm liking my Dwarf Thunderers with crossbows and "Nimble". 36" move AND fire S4 -1 armor save shots? Yes please.

T4 is absolutely astounding in mordheim where armor is at a premium.

Fastforward rlz
11-10-2006, 02:20
lol well i fought him last saturday and i totally masacred his warband. took everthing out of action. i think the flaw many dwarf players make is spending to much gc on heros at the beging.

Quin 242
11-10-2006, 06:49
Why didn't he bottle well before that?
Did you get them all in the same turn?

Fastforward rlz
12-10-2006, 22:30
well he had only 1 ooa then it was his turn and i took a lot out then mine and finished him off so he couldnt voluntary rout....