PDA

View Full Version : Short question about magic.

DoomedDiceThrower
30-09-2006, 14:56
My english is not my first language, please be forgiving with wrong (rule) terms, translations, etc.

I think it says that every sorceror (wizard/ magician?) may "successfully" cast every spell only once per turn.
As far as I understand that means that he may try to cast a spell multiple times in a turn, until he succeeds, or he has no more powerdice (or rolls multiple 1's).

Question:
When he manages to cast the spell, but it gets banned, may he retry? My guess is that not. The thing is that the term "successfully" might not apply to a spell that got banned.

Cheers.

NakedFisherman
30-09-2006, 15:22
They may attempt to cast a spell each turn.

DoomedDiceThrower
30-09-2006, 15:29
Thank you NF.

Which means that he may attemptto cast a spell only once per turn, no matter if he succeeds or not? And if it fails he may not retry?
So that means that if a sorceror only has one spell, than he better uses as much powerdice as possible (apart from the risk to roll multiple one's).
I'm kind of misguided from the Battle for Skull Pass...

mageith
30-09-2006, 16:54
Which means that he may attemptto cast a spell only once per turn, no matter if he succeeds or not? And if it fails he may not retry?

Correct.

So that means that if a sorceror only has one spell, than he better uses as much powerdice as possible (apart from the risk to roll multiple one's).

Exactly.

DoomedDiceThrower
01-10-2006, 00:33
Problem solved. Thank you all very much. :)