PDA

View Full Version : TK Chariot Magical Impacts

DeathlessDraich
30-09-2006, 19:31
A unit of 2 chariots has charged a unit. A 3rd chariot is magically summoned.
Will there be impact hits from 2 or 3 chariots?

NakedFisherman
30-09-2006, 19:49
A unit of 2 chariots has charged a unit. A 3rd chariot is magically summoned.
Will there be impact hits from 2 or 3 chariots?

I believe the answer may be in the Tomb Kings FAQ.

I'm too lazy to look it up, but I'd say only two chariots do impact hits. Only two actually charged.

TheWarSmith
01-10-2006, 07:48
I'm gonna back fishman on this one. if it was resurrected THEN charged(2 spells), then all 3, but since the chariot didn't exist at the pont of the charge declaration, it clearly doesn't have the momentum to gain charge bonuses IMO(no spear/impact hits, etc.)

However, I can see being really anal about the rules and since it's a "charging unit", all chariots would get all related charge bonuses. I'd use the first example in friendly games cause it's the spirit of the game, and this last one if you REALLY hate your opponent and want him to drop his face onto his pointy DoW pikemen(YOUCH!)

DeathlessDraich
01-10-2006, 08:08
Good answers which I agree with. It makes sense that Impact hits require movement or momentum.
The reason I brought it up is (considering fluff or 'Warhammer reality' as opposed to strictly rules) because magic created the 'additional' chariot and a player suggested that the magic itself could bestow impact hits without recourse to movement.
A possible line of reasoning.

NakedFish: There are 3 FAQs on TKs chariot and none of them deal with the above issue unfortunately.
In addition the summoned chariot must count as 'charging' otherwise it cannot be in combat and hence fulfills all criteria for impact hits.

Joe Cool
01-10-2006, 08:59
Straight from the book, Djedra's Incantation of Summoning, last paragraph:

"Models summoned back into a unit that is involved in combat do not count as charging even if that unit charged into combat that turn."

Pretty straightforward IMO.

DeathlessDraich
01-10-2006, 10:11
Well that clinches it!

NakedFisherman
01-10-2006, 14:19
I knew it was somewhere. :p