PDA

View Full Version : The Return of the Emperor

Pages : [1] 2

Norminator
01-10-2006, 15:58
Just suddenly felt like (after seeing a thread in 40k general) writing a short little piece about the rebirth (so to speak) of the Emperor, and the Imperium on the brink of doom.

You'll probably find it a pile of baseless tosh, but I feel compelled to post it here anyway. All I ask is try and forget any limitations on the 40k universe as you know it and just accept this as a bit of fun. Oh well, here goes;

(Note: The Void Dragon is referred to as a ‘he’ in this for ease of reading).

For ten thousand years the Imperium of mankind endured, battling against myriad foes at its borders whilst stagnating and falling into superstition on the inside. Assailed by daemons, wracked with Heresy, assailed by hordes of unstoppable aliens all seemed doomed. Yet still, supported by soldiers numbering into the trillions it stood against the tide, but gradually being pushed back all the same.

Until something stirred.

Deep beneath the surface of Mars, the greatest Forgeworld in the galaxy, a truly ancient evil stirred. Waking up from their many million years of slumber the armies of the Void Dragon, the mightiest of the C’tan, they swarmed from the ground. It was the most dire threat that humanity had faced since the Horus Heresy, perhaps ever. Yet it would result in one of its defining moments.

The Necron armies surged across the red surface of Mars, tearing through the monolithic factories and production facilities. Immense battles broke out as the Mechanicus forces met them, entire Titan legions being annihilated in the face of the colossal assault. At the head of the metallic advance stood the Void Dragon, an indestructible menace encased in a gleaming liquid metal body. Like a scythe he tore through all that faced him, whether it be man, machine or Warlord Titan. Orbital weapons released their payload upon the silver skinned legions, obliterating entire hives and destroying as many defenders as they did attackers. Yet still the implacable armies marched on forth, unleashing machines so powerful the like had not been seen for sixty million years. Calls were sent out across the Imperium for reinforcements, crying for any available marines to answer their need. Yet by the time they reached their destinations it was too late – Mars left a burning wreck as the Tech Priests unleashed their last and most potent weapons. Heavy tolls were taken on the newly awakened Necrons, yet their numbers were so overwhelming that it did not stay the advance. Hive by hive the planet fell, and as the last survivors were being cut down the Dragon set his sights on a new target. Terra.

Mars’ red crust erupted as Necron vessels and war machines burst through, tearing out of their dark tombs into the ruins of the Mechanicus. Countless cohorts embarked onto the pulsating ships, powering up and preparing to make the short journey to the third planet. The Dragon swept aboard his craft along with his most powerful servants, lumbering armoured walkers and sleek close combat monstrosities following behind him. The Imperial fleet which had been launched from their base on Luna attempted to crush the enemy as they boarded, but vast Necontyr weaponry swatted them from the ground with crackling beams of energy. A small hope was conjured in the form of a legion of Imperator Titans, emerging from underground storage hangers, who fought through the surrounding Necron forces towards the Dragon’s ship. Nevertheless they were soon overcome by the volume of firepower disgorged at them, void shields overloading before they were torn apart by ferocious gauss energy. With this the Dragon decided to wait no longer, leading the readied tomb ships off the surface and towards Terra. Ripping through the planetary defences they made landfall en mass, disgorging onto the sacred surface of the Imperium’s heart. Normally the Dragon would have stopped now, feasting on the billions of creatures that surrounded him, sucking their essence out and leaving withered husks. Yet he could sense a far greater prize – a being of untold power, the like of which he hadn’t seen since the Old Ones last walked the mortal plane. Forming his most trusted servants together he led an unstoppable assault against the Imperial palace, literally smashing through the mile thick walls which surrounded the colossal complex. So fast and sudden was the attack that the defenders could do little but try and avoid being cut down it it’s wake, facing resistance in only the staunchest of the Emperor’s forces. Yet even this was little more than suicide, as no mortal could ever truly wound the unstoppable Void Dragon. As he swept towards the Eternity Gate the Emperor’s last defence readied to sell their lives at as high a cost as they could. The Custodes, guardians of the Golden Throne for ten thousand years, moved into defence positions and prepared for their deaths.

The Eternity gate proved to be more than just a physical barrier for the Necron forces. Some form of barrier, not visible or at all tangible to the metallic warriors, blunted their advance, at some points literally forcing them backwards. At this point defenders who had been earlier swept aside rallied and started to attack the exposed rear of the Necron assault, inflicting heavy casualties in the process. The Dragon realised that he faced being ambushed, leading to a far more costly engagement than he planned for. With roar that hadn’t been sounded since C’tan and Eldar God last met on the battlefield he marshalled his strength, redirecting it ahead towards the gate. For the first time in ten thousand years it began to move, at first imperceptibly and then more and more, until eventually it was torn asunder and ripped aside. The Necrons poured through the breach, meeting the Emperor’s Custodes as they did so. Warscythes and other arcane devices were activated as they closed upon each other, the best that humanity could offer against the mightiest of the Necrontyr. One by one the mighty Custodes were overwhelmed and pushed back towards the throne, and although the Necrons paid a dear price they did not stall. Seizing his chance the Dragon raced towards the gleaming edifice in the centre of the throne room, the towering structure that housed the Emperor of Mankind. Bullets bounced off his armour as he raced past automated turrets and genetically engineered guards, feeling nothing as he prepared to feast. He could almost taste the sweet essence of the once mighty being who was entombed before him. Upon reaching the summit he was almost surprised by what he saw; a shrivelled husk covered in wires and tubes and linked to huge machinery below him. But this was what he had come for; this was his prize. Moving slowly forwards he suddenly noticed a tiny flicker in the figure’s face; something so small that only a C’tan could have noticed it. There it was again, but this time bigger. Suddenly the Dragon froze, though for reasons he could not understand. His entire necrodermis became rigid and unmoving, changing from its supple form to as hard as granite in a nanosecond. Then step by step he felt himself walking backwards, senses still pinned on the seated presence in front of him. Then slowly the human rose, cables falling free of the withered skin, sparks crackling around their exposed ends. The Void Dragon gazed on puzzled – he had never felt anything like this before. The upright figure opened one eye and stared straight at the C’tan. If Star Gods weren’t incapable of feeling fear he would be terrified now. Instead the Void Dragon, greatest of the C’tan, destroyer of the Eldar Gods and devastator of civilisations merely felt what mortals would call surprise, something he had never felt in his entire existence. Energy started to crackle around him, arcing around the throne room and destroying anything that was unfortunate to lie in its path. The Chaos Gods turned their attention to the battle, as the power the Emperor was drawing upon rivalled even theirs. The only difference was, unlike theirs, it was focused on one spot. Across the Galaxy thousands of Eldar farseers, suddenly aware of the collosal event, joined in unison, their might converging together with the Emperor’s. Every single human stood still as their full psychic potential was harnessed for the final attack.

And then it was unleashed.

Sending out a shockwave that was felt by every warp sentient species, from Tau to Ork, the Emperor entirely obliterated the Void Dragon from the material universe. Calling upon the help of even the Chaos Gods, who had stood powerless to stop the C’tan before, he avenged the Old Ones and banished the Dragon for all eternity, locking him away deep inside the flowing warp from where he would never escape. Turning his gaze upon the Necron forces battling through the palace he smashed them aside, psychically destroying them and leaving their ruined components scattered across the ground. He felt the power of the Old Ones flowing through him, renewing him and healing the wounds he had suffered at the hands of his lost son all those thousands of years ago. As the Old Ones’ power left his body he looked out upon the Custodes standing before him and smiled.

He was back.

Comments and criticism (I expect more of the latter :( ) are welcome, as well as questions on the murdering of fluff that I've commited.

Llothlian
01-10-2006, 16:10
That is a great story, well done! :D

Norminator
01-10-2006, 16:14
Ooh, thanks :D

Just to make one thing clear; it isn't my intention to make it seem like the Emperor will always have that sort of immense power. The idea was he had drawn on the power of all humanity, Eldar who had realised what was happening and even Old Ones who had stayed hidden (parallel dimension? hidden enclaves?), as well as Chaos Gods. You may think it's strange that the big 4 would help the Emperor, but considering that the C'tan aimed to cut off the materium from the immaterium (effectively meaning an end for Chaos, as it wouldn't have anyone worshipping it anymore), I don't think it's such an extreme idea.

I might write a few more about some Primarchs coming back :D

Dakkagor
01-10-2006, 16:35
Would you mind other people writing stories based on this event? I have some ideas a-cooking

Norminator
01-10-2006, 16:42
Feel free, I'd be more than happy if I've inspired people.

librerian_samae
01-10-2006, 16:44
I really like it comes off as very nicely done and not fanboi'ish at all.
Kudos to you:)

I do hope you manage to do some more with the primarchs.

Norminator
01-10-2006, 17:51
Just another short bit, hope this gets you all a bit excited;

The Emperor slowly advanced down the steep steps, towards the remaining custodes bowed before the Golden Throne. The Necrons had decimated them; of the original thousand Custodes there were now only a few dozen left, lucky ones who had managed to fight off any attack or just generally be left unnoticed by the rampaging attack. Wounded were scattered around the gargantuan hall, some only fit for interment in a dreadnought, whilst others could still be saved if they received treatment soon. Of course the battle was far from won; there were still the slower members of the landing party to contend with, as well as the majority of the Necron forces still on the devastated remains of Mars. As he reached the last step the Emperor spoke;
“Step forward my son.”
One of the Custodes, far taller and broader than the rest, stood and advanced towards the Emperor, laying his halberd on the floor as he did so. His golden armour was scored with deep gouges, and a dark crimson stain was visible on the breast plate. He removed his helmet and revealed a handsome face, desperately trying to appear sombre but split apart by a wide grin. The Emperor looked and smiled back at him;
“My son,” he said, “For ten thousand years you have guarded me, the only one of my children not to be swept away before you were born.”
“Father,” spoke the Custode, “To see you back again; I cannot believe it is true. Yet somehow I always knew it would happen.”
“You have been patient,” replied the Emperor, “Now it is time for us to reveal you; my eleventh Primarch.”

librerian_samae
01-10-2006, 20:29
nice i'm liking it:)

Reabe
01-10-2006, 20:55
Oooh, I'm gettin' all tingley in antipation! Well done on it, so far.

Havoc
01-10-2006, 21:20
I like it, original and inventive, write more please we want to know what the emperor does next.

Norminator
01-10-2006, 21:38
Thanks for all the positive feedback guys, I'll work on the next installement tomorrow.

muskrat
02-10-2006, 10:03
Please. Do.

Actual shivers resulted from the "Step forward my son" line.

I think the battle for Mars, and Terra, could be expanded upon- instead of saying "they were sewpt aside" you could tell more- see the one WD with the siege of Terra as an example- there were acts of bravery, treachery, hope, defeatism- I know the battle isn't the 'important' part, but it would add to the feeling of complete and utter doom.

Norminator
02-10-2006, 14:43
I would expand on them a bit, but it was more an attempt to get as much detail down as possible. I was also trying to stress how rapid the Necron attack was.

Don't worry, the reclamation of Terra/Mars will be a lot more in depth.

Aun'aart'al
02-10-2006, 18:52
I love what you've written here, it really is good :D

however, just some constructive crit? just one point, I promise! :D

instead of saying "11th primarch," why not say hes one of the lost primarchs? it would make more sence and all those GW fans playing fluff police won't go ape sh## on you about it. Besides, having it say that the records were deleted by the Inquisition could tie in with him being on Terra

Reabe
02-10-2006, 20:10
I love what you've written here, it really is good :D

however, just some constructive crit? just one point, I promise! :D

instead of saying "11th primarch," why not say hes one of the lost primarchs? it would make more sence and all those GW fans playing fluff police won't go ape sh## on you about it. Besides, having it say that the records were deleted by the Inquisition could tie in with him being on Terra

"Eleventh Primarch" is better, since then we know, according to this storyline, the 20th was a bad'un and the one that went over to Horus' side.

Norminator
02-10-2006, 20:14
Good point there. The only reason I said 11th was due to how False Gods says that the 11th Pod malfunctioned; I elaborated on that it never left with the others.

Anywho, next part. A bit of a departure from the Emperor for a while, I hope you enjoy it;

The Ultramarines fought a desperate rearguard action as the Tyranids pushed them further and further backwards. In the darkened Macragge sky hundreds of spore pods continued to rain down, disgorging further gaunts upon impact. Landspeeders swept across the landscape, raking the surging masses with gunfire before they were blasted from the sky by heavy bio cannons. On the horizon a gigantic bio-titan could be seen, towering above the main horde and striding towards the entrenched Marines. Before their positions lay thousands of ichor stained corpses, piles of multi-limbed creatures with the occasional flash of blue representing their slayers. Reports crackled over the comm link; although the perimeter was holding casualties were high and were reaching an unsustainable level. Worst yet the enemy assault showed no signs of stopping or even slowing down – reinforcements in their millions spewing across the planet faster than they were being destroyed.

The Hive Fleet, Vengeance as it had been named by the Ordo Xenos investigators, had behaved like no other Tyranid threat. Instead of slowly advancing across the sector, destroying planets one by one, this had been entirely different. Sweeping in at an unprecedented speed it headed straight towards the centre of Ultramar, Macragge, the homeworld of the Ultramarines. As it charged into the system the Marine fleet went on the offensive, employing tactics first seen in the first Tyranic wars. Although colossal losses were inflicted on the rapidly moving hive ships the Imperial vessels were scattered by the ferocity of the attack which rushed past them and on to Macragge. It was here that the orbital defence batteries, bolstered considerably since the last Tyranid attack, opened fire, tearing apart the hive fleet before they too were smashed aside by the weight of numbers. In a move that seemed uncannily similar to the one employed by Behemoth a mass assault was made on the northern Macgragge polar fortress, succeeding where it’s predecessor had failed and entirely obliterating the defences. Unopposed in orbit the bulging hive vessels now began to pour their cargo onto the planet, where despite best efforts it tore into the waiting defenders, both human and Space Marine alike.

It was in this desperate battle that the Ultramarines truly showed themselves as heroes of the Imperium. Fighting far beyond the levels of strength and endurance normally expected of them they wrought a tremendous amount of damage on their attackers, hundreds of individual marines fighting stoically alongside hundreds of armoured vehicles. Lumbering dreadnoughts, impervious to the attacks of the lesser Tyranid creatures, fought in entire squadrons as they crushed sections of the enemy assault. Terminators teleported onto the drop sites and bathed the areas in fire before ripping their way out with their powerfists, then teleporting in again once more in devastating hit and run attacks. But their numbers were too few, and eventually the brave defenders were pushed back to their last bastions where they dug in to resist the final assaults. The main bulk of Ultramarine forces retreated to the Fortress of Hera, not only due to its prime strategic location but also to guard their most precious relic – the body of their Primarch. It was on the rocky mountain slopes that their Chapter Master, Marneus Calgar, delivered a speech that no warrior who heard it would ever forget;
“Hear me brothers! We stand here today not as soldiers, but as warriors who guard their home! Not as men, but as Space Marines! Although the enemy may outnumber us many times over we shall make them pay in their hundreds for each one of us that they cast down, for we are Roboute’s finest – we are the Ultramarines!”
A roar passed through the assembled warriors, a roar which echoed across the valleys and across the mountains. All knew that despite Calgar’s cry they all faced their deaths upon the slopes of their homeworld, yet none felt any fear. Tanks moved into cover, gunlines were set and every warrior readied themselves for the enemy.

It was at this point that something overtook the Marines, all of them standing still as their bodies were surrounded by a glowing aura. All saw the same vision, of a man standing beside a golden glad throne, wires strewn around his feet as warriors fought silver skinned attackers throughout a cavernous hall. They felt a sudden rush of energy, unfamiliar to all but the psychically trained Librarians, and as one they joined the man in throwing down a terrible opponent. As the vision passed they stared upon each other in amazement; for they all knew who the man they had seen was. But they had little time to ponder, as already the invaders were swarming towards them.

Altogether the Ultramarines opened fire upon the Tyranids, whether it was with lowly bolt pistol or terrible plasma weapon. The attacking force was decimated by the furious barrage as every shot found its target, each marine pausing only to reload. Above landspeeders and thunderhawks swept over and duelled in the sky with huge flying creatures, sending them crashing down below. Yet despite all that opposed them the Tyranids kept moving forwards, every slain creature replaced by ten more. When they hit the Ultramarine lines the carnage released was unimaginable, with Marines fighting back with chain swords, powerfists, gun butts or even their power armoured hands. Marneus Calgar ordered units of assault terminators to counter attack, which cut through the enemy battle lines and bought the defenders time to regroup. All through this artillery rained down a wall of shells which shredded the main horde, sending smaller creatures flying into the air. Tyranid dead lay hundreds thick, a chitinous carpet through which the Ultramarines continued to battle on. Yet eventually they were pushed back once more, into the fortress itself.

It was here that the battle tipped more in the favour of the Ultramarines, flamer armed warriors sweeping down corridors whilst other fired unmolested from the top of the fortified walls. When reports came in of Carnifexes and other heavy creatures breaking through Calgar himself answered the call, his honour guard counter attacking and pushing them out of the fortress. Wearing a suit of ancient Terminator armour and the gauntlets of Ultramar Calgar himself killed no less than five carnifexes, as well as a mighty heirodule that attempted to enter through the breach.

Backwards the defenders kept being pushed, in their deaths obeying Calgar’s wishes and taking thousands of attackers with them. Eventually the last survivors were pushed back to the inner most sanctum, a motley band consisting of power armoured marines, terminators, dreadnought and the mighty chapter master himself. As the barricaded the entrances good news finally echoed in; an arriving battle fleet had destroyed the Tyranids in orbit, whilst hundreds of marine chapters were answering the call for aid, landing on the planet at the very moment. But it was too late; only a miracle could save the battle wearied Ultramarines now, who had been fighting for almost ten days without rest. They bowed down in prayer as they heard claws smashing at the reinforced exits.

Suddenly one of the huge adamantium doors finally gave way, revealing a roaring carnifex. The creature swept in and seized the unexpecting Calgar, swinging him into air and preparing to crush the life out of him. A venom cannon shot spat past one of the dreadnoughts and struck an item of arcane machinery behind it, causing it to fizzle and throw out sparks. The Ultramarines levelled their guns for what they thought were to be their last few minutes. But it was at this exact moment that the miracle they had prayed for arrived.

A figure burst out from behind the Ultramarines, smashing into the Carnifex and cleaving it in half, sending the prone Calgar flying to the ground. The assembled warriors couldn’t understand what had happened; all that lay behind them was a stasis field generator, filling the majority of the room. The figure threw the Carnifex aside and stood upright, his huge figure clad in a magnificent suit of armour. As he raised his sword the Ultramarines cheered, and for the first time in ten thousand years charged into battle behind their Primarch.

Comments and criticism are welcome...

Gekiganger
02-10-2006, 20:53
I opened this thread thinking 'Some stupid kid's decided to make teh emperor come back and beat the hell out of the universe' instead I found some great work. You're a talented writer. Talented enough to get away with mauling background.

Congrats to you, it was a good read :)

Norminator
02-10-2006, 20:55
You're initial thoughts were probably right, but I'm glad you enjoyed it ;)

Gekiganger
02-10-2006, 20:58
A figure burst out from behind the Ultramarines, smashing into the Carnifex and cleaving it in half and causing it to drop Calgar to the ground.

Just finished reading the last bit. Removing the second and will improve the reading of that a lot.

Don't be so harsh on yourself. I'm not known for making such nice comments. Usualy ranging from 'You should commit suicide' to 'Meh...It's OK', it's not offten I say somone has talent.

Norminator
02-10-2006, 21:08
Cheers. Writing when your tired does lead to silly grammatical errors like that :rolleyes:

Aun'aart'al
02-10-2006, 21:08
written by a truely talented author, but again only a single thing;

calgar killing a bio-titan is IMO a bit of a stretch, as these things challange Imperial Titans and often win, so Calgar, standing what, 7ft-something, and a Titan standing several hundred(?) meters tall, and Calgar wins? :p creative license indeed

(please dont hurt me! :p ) < cowers >

Norminator
02-10-2006, 21:20
Yes, I wondered if I could get away with that but seems I couldn't :D Also I suppose it's a bit of a stretch it getting through the breach.

I'll change it to a heirodule, still a huge thing to take down but not insane like a heirophant.

Corrected a few more grammar mistakes as well.

Keep it coming guys :D

librerian_samae
02-10-2006, 22:22
Great stuff keep it coming,

really looking foward to your take on the other chapters, especially the dark angels and spacewolves

Norminator
03-10-2006, 06:24
Going back to the Emperor next, and then a little surprise...

Dspankdo
03-10-2006, 07:06
Its all great man, I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.

Hammer Of Heretics
03-10-2006, 10:24
fab work! amazing that you are only 14. my god keep up with it and you will be a world renowned writer

marineowar
04-10-2006, 03:15
I confess, I too thought that this'd be shockingly bad.But it's well written and I've been pleasantly surprised. It makes me want to read more. Can't wait for you to post up the next bit.

Aun'aart'al
04-10-2006, 03:21
talk about your "Don't judge a book by its cover," eh lads? :D haha

luna wolf
04-10-2006, 16:07
i agree with dont judge a book by its cover, thanks for writting it because now i have drawn a couple pictures for my art course work about this story.
after christmas wen a get a camera i might post a couple of the drawings i did.

Norminator
04-10-2006, 16:10
I'd love to see those Luna, be sure to post them.

Next installement being written, should be up later this evening.

luna wolf
04-10-2006, 16:16
good i was up last night whilst i finished galaxy in flames wondering what master piece you will come up with next.

Norminator
04-10-2006, 18:43
Here's the next installement. It's a bit shorter but I didn't feel it needed any more to it;

Although the Dragon had been slain and his assault smashed, hundreds of thousands of Necron constructs still swarmed across the city covered surface of Terra, wreaking havoc as they desperately tried to fight their way back to the waiting ships. Terran Guard, the elite planetary defence force enlisted to protect their planet, fought running battles with the fleeing invaders through the battered streets and the monolithic structures of Terra’s hives. Their enemies fought back no less voraciously, advanced Necrontyr technology set against the zealous ranks of Imperial troops in titanic clashes. The battle for Terra, and in a way the fate of the Imperium, hung in the balance.

Marcus Helios sprinted across the rubble that lay strewn between the towering buildings, squeezing off shots at the green lights at the end of the avenue. As they returned fire he leapt into an alcove, chunks of masonry sent flying as a hail of enemy shots hit the surroundings. Behind him other soldiers dived in between scant items of cover, all the while attempting to damage the strange automatons which lay ahead. Marcus cursed the lack of air support; the official line was that the squadrons were bombarding the landing zones, but he suspected that they wouldn’t risk damaging what they regarded as sacred structures – for he was right outside the Imperial Palace, the heart of the Imperium. Cursing he leant around the corner and fired again, noticing that metallic warriors were advancing towards his position. He threw a grenade at them and scurried towards the rest of his unit, evading crackling whips of green energy as he did so. Without armoured support they were all doomed; if luck was on their side they might be able to dispose of the nearest adversaries, but there was no way that their lasguns could hold them off indefinitely. They couldn’t have chosen a better cause to die for it was true; fighting on the last bastion of humanity, defending the throne of the Emperor against a far superior foe. Yet he still wished he could have done more, taken more enemy down with him, and ultimately a small part of him wished he could survive. Taking a glance over the top of the rubble he could see that their time was almost up; the enemy was almost upon them. Marcus took his bayonet and fixed it underneath the muzzle of his weapon, wondering in a detached way how the small blade could have much effect against the metal skinned monsters that they faced. Throwing such thoughts aside he made a last prayer to the Emperor before standing up, blood pumping as he ran forwards along with his companions, roaring as he faced his doom. Screams erupted as men were flayed apart by the horrific weaponry they faced, stripping the layers of their body away one at a time. Marcus ducked as a shot passed his way, weaving in between debris as he charged ahead. He braced himself and thrust his bayonet into the core of a skeletal warrior, emptying the last shots from his clip as he did so. The effect was brutal, sending the machine crashing to the ground. Marcus took a grenade and thrust it into the sparking interior, rolling across the ground as the enemy was ripped apart from the inside by the force of the explosion, scattering shrapnel and chunks of metal. He was now defenceless, prone of the ground, but he smiled; he had done his bit, he was ready to face his doom. He lay on his back, a white light splintering through his closed eyelids. So this is death. Marcus tore open his eyes, expecting to see green fields and long lost friends, but instead finding himself staring straight into the war zone he thought he’d just left. He sat up and saw golden armoured creatures forcing the enemy backwards, tearing them apart with their bare hands and slashing with long, bladed weapons. At their front stood two figures, tearing through their opponents like gods, power sheathed swords clenched in their fists. They fought almost like father and son, a perfect unison of martial skill as they parried any blow aimed at them and quickly replied with a lethal return. The smaller of the two was knocked backwards by one of the monstrosities he faced, his companion blocking a crushing blow and throwing the attacker backwards with colossal strength. Marcus picked up a lasgun which sat discarded next to him and scrambled up, firing from the hip as he advanced towards the battle. He had prayed for a miracle; and received one he had.

luna wolf
04-10-2006, 19:18
not to bad, but i was expecting somethig about one of the other primarchs.

Norminator
04-10-2006, 19:24
I'm trying to alternate between the battle for Terra and Primarchs, didn't want to have two in a row.

Aun'aart'al
04-10-2006, 19:26
so basically like, whats going on at the same time, just in different locations?

luna wolf
04-10-2006, 19:31
cool i get it now

Norminator
04-10-2006, 20:50
Hope you all enjoy this one;

Cadia was a wreck of her former self, smashed by Chaos and left a smouldering ruin. The once great bastions now lay cast down by the conflict, now only serving to provide sources of protection from the cackling daemons that roamed the war torn planet. Surviving guardsmen still fought on as they had been trained to do, desperately trying to push the enemy off the planet of at least defend it until reinforcement arrived. They guarded the Cadian gate, a stable passage out of the baleful Eye of Terror that if lost to the forces of the Despoiler could spell dire peril for the entire Imperium. Far more was at stake that just their lives.

Possessed machines clanked across the torn planet’s surface, clashing with sturdy Imperial armour on the battlefields. Armies of men, trained their entire lives for war, battled through ruins and cratered landscapes with only their courage to protect them against the ravages of Chaos. Indeed many did fall to the lure of the dark gods, slaying their comrades as they slept before marching against their former friends, the whispering of daemons their only comfort now. Yet there were no people stronger against the horrors of the warp than the men and women of Cadia; stoic individuals who would soldier on in the face of sights that would drive any ordinary man insane, inciting bravery that matched even that of the towering Adeptus Astartes. Commanders spoke of reinforcements, how they would be joined by millions of men to liberate their homes and push the invaders back to the hellish realm they came from. But as the months dragged on, slowly changing into years, the embattled defenders began to lose hope, realising that any hope now lay in them. Wearily they continued on, fighting as their whole lives became a constant struggle for survival. The whole planet was transformed into a war machine, with any available land given over to immense munitions factories and food producers, churning out tanks and weapons in the millions. Thousands of miles of trenches were dug in as a bitter war of attrition set it, each opponent hammering away at each other in terrible battles, both sides gaining little on the other except the deaths of millions.

The dread legions of chaos, unsuited to the type of warfare to which they were now exposed, attempted to break through the loyalist lines in bloody hit and run attacks, being repulsed each time by the impassable fortifications and the soldiers who fought amongst them. Each side rained artillery on the other, constantly modifying their weapons to have longer and longer ranges so that they could operate unmolested by the enemy. All the while guardsmen met traitor in the trenches, some changing hands day by day in horrific hand to hand combat, men forced to tear each other apart by hand in the cramped conditions, whilst others were left horrible burned as flame weapons were utilised in huge numbers. The horror and carnage were unimaginable, the soaking trenches flowing with the blood of the slain. A stalemate that neither side could afford to lose rested upon the planet, one that seemed unbreakable.

Yet break it did. Chaos attacks began to change in their manner, taking instead of killing, countless defenders whisked away in the night to horrendous fates, each imprisoned along with thousands others in appalling conditions. At first the mass kidnappings took place as small raids, often perpetrated by fast moving Chaos Marine parties, later evolving into huge sorties that struck camps in the dead of night that caught defenders unaware. Many, upon discovering themselves in the enemies’ clutches, took their own lives, whilst others were bound and left unable to do so. No one could understand what caused the sudden shift in tactics, but they were soon to find out.

After months of abductions, which had filled miles of crudely constructed pens with vast amounts of screaming prisoners, the forces of disorder sprung their plan into action. In a ritual of the utmost barbarity the unarmed captives were slain in their droves by blood thirsty cultists, blood flowing in rivers across the slaughter fields. The Chaotic sorcerers ensured that the victims were killed in the most agonising ways possible, collecting their psychic screams to complete a foul enchantment which they had prepared. The sacrifice was designed to allow the warp to access Cadia, an act which they hoped would allow an army of daemons through to sweep away the defenders. As the final stages took place a force of epic proportions was prepared to smash through the defenders’ lines, pouring every reserve into the final push. Like a hammer it hit the trenches, butchering through men and machines in a surge of hate that even the Cadians couldn’t resist. Even as the traitor armies poured into the Imperial cities a colossal explosion rang out as the warp broke into the heart of the battle, growing as it was fuelled by the bloodshed. All fighting paused, defenders staring in terror, dreading what would emerge.

A roar sounded, but not one of daemon. Wolf like beasts, clad in the vestiges of a grey coloured power armour, tore out and, to the horror of the forces of Chaos, smashed into the traitor battle lines and unleashed themselves upon the enemy. In their wake followed none other than Space Marines, wearing ancient looking armour that was covered in scars, pelts of fur and makeshift repairs. At the head of the ferocious pack swept a huge, bearded warrior who wore no armour, instead covered entirely in the skin of a huge wolf. He swung a huge axe that killed all who stood in its way, whether they be man, daemon or machine. The defenders rallied and surged forward, routing the Chaos forces and cutting them down as they fled. Led by the newly arrived warriors they swept across the land, driving their panic stricken enemies into disarray and taking revenge for every comrade they lost a thousand times over. Always at the head of their armies rode a cohort of Space Marines, they lead by the gigantic axe wielding warrior. In the months of reclamation, warfare and victory that followed little time was available for contemplating the miraculous turn of events that had occurred. Yet still stories spread amongst the Cadians, said to have stemmed all the way from one of the Marines. It spoke of the return of a great hero, a leader, and amongst the excited ranks a whisper could always be heard;

“The time has come, the Great Russ has returned!”

Aun'aart'al
04-10-2006, 22:43
“The time has come, the Great Russ has returned!”

I got goosebumps when I read that part :D

Taarnak
05-10-2006, 00:49
Wow, I normally don't read let alone comment on story threads, but I could not resist this time.

I too was expecting some less than creative, um, well, drivel to be blunt...

Boy am I pleasantly surprised!

Well though out, and exceptionally well written (especially if you are only 14!)

I am really looking forward to the next installment.

Cheers,
Eric

Chiron
05-10-2006, 09:03
Really liking this, got to keep an eye on it :D

bloed_tarnen
05-10-2006, 10:24
That is great work there. I just finished reading the last one, that one is ********** awesome, the way you remembered that Russ didn’t have his armour on, due to the “real” fluff stating that it was found in the eye was great attention to detail.

Keep up the Great work!!!!!!

Hammer Of Heretics
05-10-2006, 12:58
I got goosebumps when I read that part :D

hey man u aint the only one, i am freezing my ass of now. what a wicked story.

High Marshal Trenth
06-10-2006, 14:47
This is REALLY good stuff. Have you ever thought about working for GW? Keep up the good work man, hope you throw Dorn in there!

Norminator
06-10-2006, 16:04
Never thought about it to be honest, writing is just something I do occasionally for fun. Always thought that being made to do something sucks all the enjoyment out of it.

It will be tricky to get Dorn back... but I'll see what I can do ;)

luna wolf
06-10-2006, 19:11
looking foward to your next piece.

marineowar
07-10-2006, 02:24
So.... when can we expect the next installment? I know I'm being inpatient but that's your fault for writing such a brilliant story.

Norminator
07-10-2006, 08:54
Probably not till Sunday evening, I'm away for the rest of the weekend.

Hammer Of Heretics
07-10-2006, 12:06
cant wait... hope the next installement is an thrilling as the previous ones

Aun'aart'al
07-10-2006, 17:19
remember boys and squirrels, if we badger the author too much he may just decide not to post the next installment ;) (and work on our agreement some more? :angel: )

Hammer Of Heretics
08-10-2006, 11:14
yes master

Hammer Of Heretics
08-10-2006, 11:14
spank me now

Shas'Ba
08-10-2006, 13:14
Nice story :) *look at the post ubove* Um...weird

Hammer Of Heretics
08-10-2006, 14:03
i was replying to someone on the prior page. but thank you for the remark, much appreciated :evilgrin:

Hammer Of Heretics
09-10-2006, 10:08
Shas'Ba, what stories have u written, i would lik to see them:)

Shas'Ba
09-10-2006, 15:01
Shas'Ba, what stories have u written, i would lik to see them:)

Haha, i am just starting one, it's kinda crap, i am constantly changing the material i have actually written and i am going to make it more acurate, like supposedly the t'au haven't meet the necrons yet so i am going to make a story about their first confrintation. And i will probably do spam everywhere when i finish the first part. I'll let you guys know when i do finish it. Thx :P

Hammer Of Heretics
09-10-2006, 15:29
cool, i look forward to your spam!!!:evilgrin:

Hammer Of Heretics
09-10-2006, 15:31
norminator did an encounter with the necrons, u should read it. O'Anuks last stand or soemthing like that.

Norminator
09-10-2006, 16:41
Yep, a battle report over in the Medusa V section. Not exactly a masterpiece but it might offer you a bit of inspiration.

Sorry about the lack of updates folks, I've been inundated with work (I mean, what's the point of starting coursework 4 weeks into the year?!). I'll try and get something up as soon as I can.

Aun'aart'al
09-10-2006, 17:59
as soon as you can works for me :)

Hammer Of Heretics
09-10-2006, 18:38
same, but dont jeopordize your coursework!!!

luna wolf
11-10-2006, 16:12
same here, the amount of course work im getting is wrong.

Hammer Of Heretics
11-10-2006, 16:15
gotta do it though innit. school sucks big time, but u aint got that much longer! :)

Havoc
11-10-2006, 20:27
Nice work so far Norm, is El'Johnson next, please let be him next it's either that or sanniguiss

luna wolf
11-10-2006, 20:49
you can't realy bring back sanguis tho because he is well intruly dead.

Norminator
11-10-2006, 22:01
Sanguinus is a no I'm afraid, I have no plan to butcher the fluff that much. The only other Primarch I'm a bit unsure on bringing back is Dorn, but I'll see what I can do.

Again I apologise for lack of updates, I was hoping to do something today but again piles of coursework prevented me. As far as I know I'm free for the rest of the week though, so just maybe...

Hammer Of Heretics
11-10-2006, 23:11
i think that the ultramrines primarch Roboute Guillimen (sp?) should make an entrance into your story, after all he is in stasus or something like that. Would he not be a more plausible option? let me know if i am inaccurate in what i have just said, not massively knowledgable on the ultramrines :)

muskrat
12-10-2006, 00:11
Her already did the Ultras, man.

Hey, I know you are giving love to loyalists and all that, but why not help Alpharius? If you read the fluff, and this is my view on it, he is never confirmed dead.

Merely, he is "killed" in a battle with the with Ultramarines. But there are facors which leave it open- the Inquisitor who told of the battle was found to be an Alpha Lgion Operative- rather, suspected of being one- credibility fault.

The Ultras deny the battle ever happened, but that's probably because they were royally spanked.

Maybe have alpharius come back now that he knows his greatest test, Roboute, has come back also.

Hammer Of Heretics
12-10-2006, 15:47
Her already did the Ultras, man.

I think it would be a bit far fetched in bringing back more primarchs from other chapters, but to bring Rouboute back would not be too bad as it would be in keeping with the ultramrines battle. There could be a scene where Marneous stands down as master of the chapter and hands it back to Roboute. A reasoning for the Emperor bringing Roboute back was for his mastery in tactical scenarios, and that he was needed to push back the threat of the tyranids attack upon ultramar! Would that not be more plausible? As it would already and could fit into Norminators story.

Norminator
12-10-2006, 16:07
Hammer, I've already done Roboute! Look back a few pages, I've got him coming back.

Muskrat; I have toyed with doing Chaos Primarchs, but if I did it would only be ones like Alpharius and Nighthaunter (though probably not the latter) as the rest are daemons are probably best in the EoT.

Hammer Of Heretics
12-10-2006, 16:15
hmm, do you mention him or are you talking about the two figures fighting side by side 'like father and son'. that part? hmm very well, i liked it alot, but u could still do a scene where marnoeus steps down, that would be very intersting to see how you interpet it, how you would put it forward in your writing :)

Norminator
12-10-2006, 16:22
Yes, the implication was it was Guilliman. The hints were a) the references to their 'most sacred relic' b) the fact all that was behind them was the stasis generator c) the 'nid shot that hit said generator and d) the fact that he PWNED!

Hammer Of Heretics
12-10-2006, 16:31
ah yes!!! must of skimmed over that bit and not fully taken it in :). Hard to read it on a computer. well what about that art, the handing back of power, i think that would be a goodpart to write about :)

luna wolf
13-10-2006, 16:55
but marnous would not need to step down because chapter master is the rank give to some one who is in second incommand of the chapter, because the codex astartes was finished before all the remaining primarchs either died or went missing.
and no chapter master is going to change the codex astartes and have the chapter master rank before a primarchs.

Hammer Of Heretics
13-10-2006, 17:19
ok, did not know that, thanks for letting me know :)

luna wolf
13-10-2006, 17:32
i should realy stop reading marine history when im bored, because im starting to know to much

Norminator
13-10-2006, 19:07
First part of a two parter. I hope you like it; back to the Emperor again and a bit back in time from the last extract.

“Hold on my children, just a little longer!”

The Custodes and their mechanical allies, forming a ring around the Emperor, fought on against the surrounding enemies, metallic remnants piled high around them. Psychic energy crackled around the hall, sending entering enemies smashing to the ground in smouldering wrecks. The lost Primarch swept his blade side to side in a desperate attempt to cleave an escape route out, but they were completely overwhelmed. Nothing could help them; surely they were doomed. All were prepared to die and felt no fear, least of all the potent automatons, yet still the Emperor adamantly insisted that if they could just cling on, even for just a few more minutes, they would be saved. None of the company, not even his Primarch son, believed this was anything more than desperate reassurance; but nonetheless they all continued to battle with every ounce of courage and strength they had. There was no choice.

The Custodes cheered as their leader revealed himself, the eleventh Primarch standing tall before his father, the God Emperor of Mankind, newly awoken from his eons of slumber. The cheer echoed through the battle scarred throne room, now strewn with only the bodies of the Custodes, the slain Necrons having phased away back to wherever they had come from.
“The time for battle has arrived; Aurus, mightiest of my sons,” spoke the Emperor. “You trained along my side, awaiting this moment your entire life, a moment where you could join your brothers in the annals of history. Even now I can feel them stirring, my call awakening them to return once again. But it is in you that I place most trust; as strong as mighty Leman, as wise as cunning Roboute and as loyal as beautiful Sanguinus. Your twin may have been lost, tricked my the dark Gods, but it now lies in you to redeem him. Today you will equal him; Horus lives on in you.” Aurus nodded. “Now, tell me Aurus; what has become of my armour?”

The Emperor’s armour had been heavily damaged, nigh on destroyed, in the terrible duel he had fought with his fallen son all those years ago. Yet as he sat interred on his throne the greatest artificers and techpriests had worked on it, restoring its ancient workings and repairing the layers of golden plate. Many centuries passed as they undertook their painstaking crafting, barely understanding the arcane device that they were toiling upon. But finally it shone again with its golden gleam, and the along with the colossal sword the Emperor brandished it was placed deep inside a vault beneath the place. There it lay and over time was forgotten about by all but a few, one of them being the Lost Primarch, Aurus the Enduring. Now the time had come to reveal the revered suit to its true owner.

The entrance to the armoured vault lay in the side of the Golden throne, sealed with a mighty adamantium doorway flanked by stone pillars inscribed with archaic runes. Aurus laid his hands against the cold metallic surface, lights flashing from concealed areas as complicated machinery set to work. A small lens, mounted on the end of an articulated cable, crept down and shone a light into the Primarch’s eye, beeping in confirmation as it slithered away. A panel of the doorway glowed and Aurus placed a colossal palm upon it, a line of light descending and then ascending. Finally a green glow emanated from around him and with a slow grinding the thick doors slid aside and allowed access. Behind Aurus followed the Emperor, himself leading an entourage of Custodes eager to discover what lay inside. The floor sloped downwards and rotating gun turrets followed their descent, deeper into the ground beneath the Imperial Palace. Eventually they met a second set of doors, these far larger than the first. Aurus repeated the routine he had performed on the first door, instructing the Emperor to do so himself. A deep, unsettling whirring sound set in, accompanied by what sounded like the marching of heavy feet. The Custodes raised their halberds, wary of what might be coming. Suddenly sections of the walls slid away, revealing unseen passageways and letting the noises grow ever louder. The air stood still, the assembled entourage poised to attack whatever appeared. Yet what did appear was completely unexpected. Humanoid Machines surfaced from the dark recesses, filling in behind the horrified, heavily outnumbered Custodes and lining up into ordered ranks, powerful weaponry clutched in their steel grasps. A cold, mechanical voice rang out through the chamber, emitted by hidden speakers.
“Behold you who enter. Here stands the greatest of the creations of Mankind; interred to serve the Emperor in his darkest days.” The Emperor smiled at his son, who knowingly returned the gesture.
“Do not shoot men, these automatons mean you no harm”
Gingerly the Custodes lowered their weapons, their eyes not leaving the mechanical host which stared implacably on.
“So the creations of the stone men still remain?”
“Yes,” replied Aurus, “when you left to combat my brother upon his ship it was decided that, as a last resort, the Iron Men would be raised from their slumber to defend the Palace. Their unyielding defiance was truly all that saved us from total destruction; and ever since they have rested here until they were needed again.”
“It was these devices and their brethren that forged humanities’ first empire in the stars;” spoke the Emperor, “now the forgers of the Imperium shall march to war alongside with them. Nothing is more fitting.”

luna wolf
13-10-2006, 19:13
now that is realy good, i hope that you get the other bits of it up either tonight or tommorow

Railgunner
13-10-2006, 20:28
Railgunner likes this alot:D

Railgunner

Havoc
13-10-2006, 21:10
Aurus,oooo these are deffenately dangerous waters we are treading Norm, I like it very much, now all you have to do is say why he was deleted, a sugestion is that he did the same as dorn, leaveing his legion to defend the emperor as he was to far away to do anything during the heresy, good storie so far keep it up.

Norminator
13-10-2006, 21:35
Why dangerous waters?

For anyone who wants to know, I chose Aurus as he is leading the Custodes (or has at least since the Emperor was put on the throne). Their armour is gold, and latin for gold is Aurum.

The idea is that his pod was damaged (ala False Gods) and thus he didn't leave Terra/Luna at all - and as a result was always there.

luna wolf
13-10-2006, 21:47
norm has a very good point

Master Corvinus
14-10-2006, 12:27
no!!! very good cutting edge stuff there cant wait for the primarch bit now i will have to wait but it has given me some ideas myself about the necrons in my background thank you

luna wolf
16-10-2006, 20:12
now i wonder which primarch will be making a star apperence next.

marineowar
19-10-2006, 06:57
Please don't stop. I've seen too many good stories get forgotten by their authors, don't add this one to the list. Please?

Norminator
19-10-2006, 13:14
I might do another one before I go on holiday, otherwise I'll work on it whilst I'm away (taking a laptop).

Reabe
23-10-2006, 11:06
So will Rubinek (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Marines_%28Warhammer_40%2C000%29#Unknown) be the Evil Primarch? :p

Norminator
28-10-2006, 19:23
Right, I've got a good idea of what the next two installements will contain, just got to find time to type them up...

luna wolf
28-10-2006, 20:35
good about time.

Hooter Hunter
28-10-2006, 20:50
Gotta thoss my 2 cents worth in. Very good and I have found it quite entertaining. Keep up the good work and I too look forward to the future installments.

If ya ever get bored with this or wanna do somthin' a lil different come over and have a look at the Faithfull and the Damned. We would love to have ya there with us.;)

muskrat
29-10-2006, 23:03
Nom, I've been without internet for a while- got hit by a suprise storm that knocked my area bacdk on it's heels (Buffalo, NY)

I was getting all jittery every time I thought of this story. And by the way, Alpharius doesn't HAVE to be evil...he merely fought the other Legions more to prove his worth than outright rebellion- maybe with the big E back he might calm down a little?

granted he wouldn't be accepted back into the fold easily, but you could always have him be a bit renegade- maybe bring Malal in? (Marines who use Chaos against itself to destroy it. Sort of like the Relictors, but less trusted)

Norminator
30-10-2006, 17:12
There will be a shock a bit like that, but I'd rather not announce it until I've done it. Keep it as a surprise.

luna wolf
30-10-2006, 19:37
i hate suspence and being kept waiting, but because i know it will be good i think i can keep myself under control.

Norminator
30-10-2006, 21:57
I'm not very happy with how this turned out, but I suppose I better post it none the less...

Klaxons rebounded around the winding corridors, echoing through the miles of heavily tunnelled rock. Diminutive robed figures scurried around whilst heavily armoured Marines, caught momentarily off guard, struggled to find the source of the din that had disturbed their contemplative silence. However the innermost sanctums were sealed off, imposing figures in bone armoured suits of Terminator armour blocking any access to all but a select few of their brothers, as well as the tiny wardens.

Many could be mistaken for thinking all that remained on the planet’s ruins was the colossal fortress of the chapter, rooted onto the floating chunk of rock. But ‘The Rock’, all that remained of the death world of Caliban, instead held a far darker secret entombed within its hidden catacombs, one that had been guarded so long that only the fewest of individuals were aware of it.
Commander Azrael, Supreme Grand Master of the Dark Angels, swept through the corridors, his ornate armour bathed in a pulsating red warning glow. The Terminators standing before him leapt to the side as he passed, their impassive masks hiding the increasing consternation that was building inside them. Yet their stirrings of anxiety were nothing compare to the dread coursing through Azrael. He knew better than anyone alive what must have happened to initiate the current alert, an alert that had never sounded even during his Chapter’s direst times. For the decades he had commanded the Dark Angels the Watchers had briefed and prepared him for an event of this magnitude, yet never had he feared he would face it himself. There it was; just around the corner. Azrael closed his eyes and took one breath, what he felt might be his last, before raising his gun and turning. But there was nothing amiss – the bulkhead was still sealed, all seals firmly in place and the captive of the impregnable chamber still locked firmly inside. Azrael stood bewildered – but suddenly was shaken by a resonating boom from beneath his feet. As a watcher attempted to scurry past him Azrael seized the tiny figure in his gauntlet and raised him off the ground, up to face level;
“What on Terra’s name is happening;” roared Azrael, stunning the terrified humanoid into silence. When he realised that no response was forthcoming the power armoured giant took the Watcher by its robes and shook it, snarling a curse at him as he did so. Eventually survival instincts overcame its fear and the Watcher squealed a reply,
“He is awake Master, awake, and he is coming for us!”
“Who is?”
“He is; save yourself!” squeaked the hooded captive, wriggling out of Azrael’s grip and racing down the corridor away, in fear as much of the Grand Master as of whatever was coming. Another dull boom shook the floor, this time certainly coming from directly beneath Azrael’s feet. He realised that he had no idea what lay below him; never had he been told, never had he felt the compulsion to ask. Raising a set of schematics onto his helmet visor a life shaft was visible that led downwards – but curiously only solid rock was shown beside it. But as another thump shook the floor Azrael realised he had no time to stop and ponder the failings of his equipment; whatever was down there, it was his duty to find it.

The lift ground down the shaft, the booms growing in intensity as it descended. Suddenly the lights started flickering, the steel cage shuddering before stopping as it was descended into pitch black darkness. A red light shone from the wall, passing its fine glow up the terrified figure of Azrael, suddenly disappearing with a single bleep as it reached his helmeted head. Another grinding, similar to that of the lift yet subtly different, commenced, growing in strength before the wall opposite the cage door split apart, light flooding through the growing the crack. The rhythmic booms had now reached a crescendo, and with growing trepidation Azrael realised that their source was directly before him. As his helmet compensated for the rapid change in light levels he saw a large, bare rock antechamber, a colossal admantium door facing him on its far side. The door was surrounded by not only archaic mechanical devices but also complicated runes, evidently psychic in nature by the manner they glowed with each deafening thump. Yet not only did they glow but they slowly cracked, the seals on the mighty door breaking away from the bedrock and servo motors whining to hold the entrance shut. Azrael backed towards the back of lift shaft, fearing what terrible monster was awaiting him.

The thumping stopped.

Azrael froze stiff, his entire body tensed in expectation, sweat running along the inside of his armour. The tension in the air was almost palpable, everything still with suspense. Then it came.

The runes shattered as a final, terror inspiring assault smashed against the bulkhead. The powerful machinery that had kept it sealed were torn aside, the massive seal thrown against the wall and left buckled on the cold stone floor. Out of the shadowy void left in the rock face rose a monstrous figure, his ancient armour covered in rents and horrific damage. Yet despite the terrible change wrought upon him by time and battle, Azrael still recognised the giant from the single painting that adorned the Chapter prayer room.

The Grandmaster of the Dark Angels knelt before his Primarch.

Aun'aart'al
31-10-2006, 04:16
intense :D

bloed_tarnen
31-10-2006, 05:17
Unreal job on that one. Great work, keep it up :)

High Marshal Trenth
31-10-2006, 13:56
Great job :D
Cant wait for more!:cool:

marineowar
01-11-2006, 09:59
Can't see why you wouldn't like it. The only thing I disagree with is a terrified space marine. I don't know how I'd describe it, but terrified never would have come to mind. However this is your story, and it still reads well. Keep up the good work.

Norminator
01-11-2006, 15:47
What I was trying to suggest was that we know that the Dark Angels have the guy who betrayed Johnson imprisoned on the rock - the idea is that Azrael thinks that he's escaped, and if he's done so someone very tough (we know he was almost as strong as Johnson) is running around Caliban with murder on his mind.

fishborne
01-11-2006, 18:21
now it makes sence! i thought i was just confused by it being 2am the first time i read it. But you trying to imply that luther escaped makes the whole story come alive!

hats off to you sir. Dark Angels were the ones that brought me into this hobby, this was kind of like watching LOTR for the first time :D

later,
fishborne

marineowar
02-11-2006, 11:30
Ahh, I understand now. Yeah I suppose I can see why he'd be terrified now. Good stuff.

Grimor Da Warchife
03-11-2006, 08:09
I like your work nice

luna wolf
03-11-2006, 18:34
once again that was very good keep it up

HobbitTank
03-11-2006, 23:47
Wow.
This is so much better then doing homework...
When does the movie come out? :D

Aun'aart'al
04-11-2006, 00:01
Wow.
This is so much better then doing homework...
When does the movie come out? :D

what are you talking about? you cant picture all this happening in your head like I can? :D the movie's playing in my head, and I like it :D

muskrat
09-11-2006, 20:05
I respectfully inquire, and do not demand, to know the current status of the next installment.

My shiver reflex is getting cold. Or...is that warm?

Norminator
09-11-2006, 20:22
I'll probably do an Emperor one next, but it may be a while due to the amount of stuff I have to do.

Reabe
09-11-2006, 21:02
I'll probably do an Emperor one next, but it may be a while due to the amount of stuff I have to do.

We're all ears to hear more of this potential future of the Emperor finally gettin' his ass off that damn throne.

Norminator
09-11-2006, 21:06
Yes, he has been pratting around a lot hasn't he?

Thought I might need to take it slow though, he does need a lot of back story IMO.

Aun'aart'al
10-11-2006, 04:54
Yes, he has been pratting around a lot hasn't he?

Thought I might need to take it slow though, he does need a lot of back story IMO.

Agreed. After 10 millennia, we can't simply have the Emperor return to the forefront of the conflicts "on his second day back on the job," as it were. Something like this would definately have to be a gradual thing. Makes it more juicy, anyway :p

and hey Norminator, don't forget about me and the SSP ;)

Norminator
10-11-2006, 06:17
I think I'll probably do that before I do another section on this. As I said though, its all a matter of fitting it in.

Crenal
11-11-2006, 11:09
i liked it a lot. I can't wait to get writing the fluff for my entire chapter now. Do you mind if i used your idea that the emporer returned as sort of the return of my chapter due to the fact they ran away but the emporer knew why and then welcomed them again.

Norminator
11-11-2006, 17:27
Why should I mind? As far as I'm concerned, I've got nothing to lose by people using it.

luna wolf
21-11-2006, 19:32
come on norminator, you were doing so well but you stopped.
why!!!!!!!!!!

Aun'aart'al
21-11-2006, 19:45
vacation, internet troubles, other projects, school (?), injury, time-away from the computer (and see this "outside" I hear so much about :p )

Norminator
21-11-2006, 21:06
One, evil, horrible word;

Coursework.

*shudders*

I will try to get some done, but to be honest this has to be a low priority for the time being.

muskrat
22-11-2006, 21:44
a little part of me died when i read that...

;)

luna wolf
19-12-2006, 20:11
norminator could you give us all a small christmas present by finishing of this good piece of work you have started but never finished.

Norminator
19-12-2006, 22:00
I might do some, but don't hold out for too much - on top of regular assignments I have three pieces of coursework to do over the next two weeks.

Warboss Garfang
20-12-2006, 00:28
I'm practically peeing my pants with anticipation of future writing--great work! You're writing is some of the best I've seen online, keep it up. I truly would not be surprised if you were able to go on writing books--although you'd have a hard time selling these stories to GW. I'm etremely impressed nonetheless.

muskrat
20-12-2006, 20:27
screw what gw thinks- if their current writers had half the talent norm has in his "J" typing finger (index) we wouldnt half to make up our own.

Norminator
20-12-2006, 20:42
Actually, I've just had an idea...

Norminator
20-12-2006, 23:26
Well, here it is. It's a bit different to what I've normally done, so I would be interested to hear your thoughts.

The system had been embroiled in war for months, both Tau and Imperial forces grinding themselves to a standstill on the surface of its principle planet, Saron. From the Tau point of view this meant that numerous Cadres were involved in countless hit and run operations, each aimed at concentrating enough force at the defensive lines to break through and clear a beachhead for further reinforcements. This was having little success however, mainly due to the tides of men and machines that their enemies continued to pour in against them.

Nevertheless, despite heavy resistance the Tau campaign remained reasonably unaffected by the amount of opposition it faced. This was helped in part by the pragmatic stratagem operated by the Fire Caste commanders, shunning the stoic and ultimately foolish philosophy followed by other races of holding ground no matter the cost, instead rapidly withdrawing to regroup and strike again. It also meant that the cumbersome Imperial Guard were having difficulties responding to the Manta borne threats before they melted away again. This did not prevent smaller skirmishes breaking out between the faster reinforcements however, packs of Salamander scout vehicles out-flanking deployed Tau armour and driving it back. However the main engagements occurred not in the dusty Saronian plains but in the calm skies above them, where Barracuda fighters traded blows with their Imperial equivalents, either in protecting heavily laden Mantas or whilst carrying out deadly sorties to strafe armoured reinforcement columns.

Shas’o Montyr Anuk leapt from the outstretched ramp of his Orca at a run, free falling for a short distance before his auxiliary boosters but in to control his descent. Behind him other members of his squad rapidly followed through the layer of Imperial anti-aircraft fire, unnoticed after the swarm of decoy gun drones that has been released from a preceding flight of Tiger Sharks. O’Anuk touched down in a shallow hollow, sending a group of animals scurrying away as his retro boosters kicked up a small cloud of dust. His inbuilt sensor array informed him of the locations of the rest of team, each obscured in a penetrating darkness illuminated only by the dying tracer bullets pursing the distant gunship. As he checked his inbuilt systems an incandescent glow was cast from the Imperial compound, due to what appeared to be a series of large explosions. Anuk was puzzled, but quickly dismissed his concerns as signs of the ineptitude of his enemy. He didn’t fail to remind himself however that whatever they lacked in tactics and shrewdness they compensated for with weight of numbers. Over a secure channel he transmitted the code word to his team, who acknowledged the command; move out.

Silently Anuk crept forwards, his specially adapted battlesuit making virtually no noise that could betray its position. Suddenly a burst of static erupted from his headpiece, accompanied by a blood curdling scream that was rapidly cut short.
“Roll call!” he barked to his team. “Anuk here!”
“Kais here!”
“Kunas present!”
“Y’Eldi landed!”
“Mal’caor safe!”
“Elan’ka ready!”
Anuk was filled with dread as only silence followed. Five Shas’uis had spoken; six had left the dropship.
“Ukos, please report in,” he pleaded, “Ukos, respond! By the Aun, Ukos, where are you!”
“Shas’o,” came Kunas’ voice, “Unidentified target sighted ahead, moving towards current position. Requesting clearance to engage.”
“Avoid Gue’la engagement if possible,” replied Anuk, trying to hide the worry with a firm tone. “Element of surprise is imperative.”
“Negative Commander, target is not Gue’la, I repeat, not Gue…” the report was cut short by a second burst of static. To his right Anuk sighted a streak of plasma fire before silence descended again. He swore.
“All team members converge on my position!” he commanded as he powered up his suit, scanners sweeping the area as beams of light probed ahead with narrow fingers. He raised his weapons – a plasma rifle and a high speed burst cannon – as red circles flashed in his view screen.
“Numerous hostiles sighted, all team return fire!” As he spoke he unleashed a punishing volley of high velocity shots from his burst cannon, arcing fire ahead. When he realised his shots were having little to no effect he switched to his plasma rifle and was satisfied to see his targets falling to the ground after being hit by a molten bolt of energy. Around him his team bought their own arms to bear whilst steadily withdrawing backwards towards their commander. Yet it almost seemed that for each kill they scored another two targets took its place. Suddenly it dawned on Anuk.
“It’s a trap! Repeat, targets are decoys, it’s a trap!” He spun around as numerous cries and shrieks of ‘For Tau!” echoed through his headpiece.
“They’re all over us!” roared Mal’caor.
“Too fast, we can’t escape!” added Y’Eldi.
Something struck Anuk from behind, and would have surely cleaved directly through his suit’s armour had it not been for the iridium armour plating that he was clad in. As it was is knocked him forwards, causing him to stumble onto his knees. He instinctively engaged his shoulder mounted flamer and wheeled around, bathing his attacker in searing flames which he complemented with a good measure of point blank burst cannon fire. He swung his plasma rifle and smashed the figure to the ground, jumping forward and pinning it beneath his significant weight for good measure. A scorched face glared back at him before Anuk fired a final shot of plasma at it. Glancing at the corpse the first thing he noticed was the distinctive motif it bore – a strange, multi-headed serpentine creature. But what worried him the most was the armour – one that he had learnt from experience to fear. There was no mistaking the distinctive shoulder pads, the bulky armour and the fearsome appearance of the genetically enhanced Gue’la which had so ravaged the Tau forces in previous campaigns. Before he could warn the remainder of his comrades he felt a sudden blow from behind and everything went black.

Anuk awoke tied to some form of metal cylinder, stripped of his battlesuit and only wearing his light combat fatigues. The room was cold, but he did not shiver – he mustn’t show his captors any weakness.
“Ah…” spoke a chilling voice, “It seems our prisoner is awake, Master. Would you like me to begin?” Anuk tried to locate the voice but his vision was still blurry – he could only make out vague shapes walking around him.
“You may,” replied a booming tone, “But be careful not to damage him. I’m very interested in the way these things fight.”
“No…” groaned Anuk blearily in the limited Gue’la tongue he had learnt. “My people… they’re coming…”
“Silence,” hissed the first voice. Blinding pain shot through Anuk’s body as some torturous implement was applied to his chest. He let out a muffled scream.
“Tell us, Xenos,” spoke the other, “What are the lackeys of the false God doing here?” Anuk was confused as to what he was being asked of him,
“I do not…” he begun, but was cut short as another spasm of pain tore through him.
”The Imperials!” impatiently uttered the person who Anuk has identified as the torturer. Anuk recognised this as the name the Gue’la had for themselves, but he didn’t understand. Who were his tormentors?

The torturer inserted a long spike into the body of the prone blue skinned creature before him and smiled gruesomely as it contorted with pain. The colossal figure picked him up and hurled him against a wall.
”You seem to have an unhealthy interest in this, Salvius. Why, if I didn’t know better, I would have placed you as one of Fulgrim’s fools! It appears that I have returned just in time.” As he spoke O’Anuk writhed, the metal spike slowly heating up and melting the surrounding flesh.
“Listen to me!” he growled as he raised the prone Marine up by his neck. “The Alpha Legion once prized themselves as masters of cunning, subterfuge and tactical greatness. In my absence worms like you have risen up and polluted my fine legion.” With a squeeze of his wrist he snapped the strong neck. Standing up he beckoned to the shadows, from which another Marine emerged. “Clear up this mess,” he ordered.
“Yes, Lord Alpharius”.

Dspankdo
20-12-2006, 23:58
Bloody fantastic, tell me do you have plans to turn Alpharius back to the imperial side.

Norminator
21-12-2006, 00:32
Hmm... you'll have to see for that. I can promise that it won't be as clear cut as one side or another though.

Warboss Garfang
21-12-2006, 21:35
Alpharius! Damn...

lee
21-12-2006, 22:19
i realy like your work well done:D

AinuLainour
21-12-2006, 23:42
Not to be picky with a great writer, but I'm fairly sure that 'learnt' is not a word, but 'learned' is.

I like this story you've been writing, though.

Norminator
21-12-2006, 23:48
http://www.askoxford.com/asktheexperts/faq/aboutspelling/learnt

It's my fault for using too much British English :rolleyes:

AinuLainour
22-12-2006, 05:10
http://www.askoxford.com/asktheexperts/faq/aboutspelling/learnt

It's my fault for using too much British English :rolleyes:

I'm only trying to help :eyebrows: Not my fault I grew up in North America :rolleyes:

Norminator
22-12-2006, 10:04
Oh, I wasn't trying to be rude, to be honest I never knew the difference anyway! I've always used learnt as a force of habit.

muskrat
24-12-2006, 03:56
norm, i bow to you again bud!

I was waiting for you to bring Alpharius back- and frankly, I agree that he cannot be so easily defined as Imperial/not Imperial. It's not possible for the Alpha Legion at this point.

As for him returning the Imperials- fat chance. Even big E wouldn't readily forgive alpharius...he did some nasty things to his bigger brothers over the years.

By the way, best part- not explaining where he came from/where he was. It's so him!

bloed_tarnen
28-12-2006, 11:37
Daaaaammmm!!, that is great yet again!!

Keep up the good work. This one surprised me, I could tell which primarch it would be in the stories, except for this one and the primarch of the custodes. Well done

2 Thumbs up ;)

High Marshal Trenth
04-01-2007, 13:39
Yet again, another great piece of work. Great job man. Keep em commin!

Norminator
04-01-2007, 17:07
I'm really busy this month (about three mock exams as well as two long bits of coursework yet to do), but as far as I know other than English coursework I should be ok in February. I'll be thinking what to write and hopefully by then I'll have something pretty good ;)

muskrat
04-01-2007, 22:18
Norm, off the record- I'm an english major in my second year of college- if theres any coursework that needs doing so you can concentrate on important things, please, by all means, pm me.

half joking. :D

Norminator
04-01-2007, 22:23
Now that's an offer ;)

luna wolf
19-01-2007, 21:21
so when are you getting any free time time do the next one.

High Marshal Trenth
19-01-2007, 22:27
Yes, Yes! Im having withdrawls! The shaking, The shaking! It wont stop! To much well writen Fluff!

Norminator
19-01-2007, 22:29
Well I have got some ideas, but they'd have to wait until at least next week. I have ICT coursework due in a week on Monday, and considering that I've only done one page so far (and my last one was 60+ pages) I may have my work cut out to get it in...

luna wolf
22-01-2007, 20:10
ouch and i thought doing the rsa exam was bad, but still course work for some reason always comes first.

High Marshal Trenth
23-01-2007, 13:57
Well I have got some ideas, but they'd have to wait until at least next week. I have ICT coursework due in a week on Monday, and considering that I've only done one page so far (and my last one was 60+ pages) I may have my work cut out to get it in...

Sorry to sound dumb :p But why do you have so much work?
(lol Im in the 12 grade and we dont get that much work :eek:

Norminator
23-01-2007, 15:20
GCSEs. Although to be fair the ICT Coursework (I find) is disproportionately large compared to other subjects.

Good news however! I have had a few ideas, related both to the Emperor on Terra and the fate of the other Primarchs (I felt it might be interesting to revist the ones that have already 'returned', as most of them came back in what were still very perilous situations!). I've just got to find time to sit down and write them...

luna wolf
23-01-2007, 16:34
those ideas sound realy good norm.

High Marshal Trenth
23-01-2007, 17:45
Cant wait to see it man.

Good luck with that 60 page thing too ;)

Gayrights
27-01-2007, 11:08
Nominator, we have too much in common. I have been writing something similar but much more "looney", random mixes of all kinds of stuff, and a human/tau/eldar alliance. When I can post threads, I will have it up immediately. I am trying to submit it as an article/story, but I don't even know if it is working.

Scanno
29-01-2007, 23:26
Hey, just read through this whole thing, I love it! You're not going over the top, what you're describing is what I'd love to see happen in 40k at some stage (not soon, mind, but it would be cool to see primarch models in my lifetime), and how you're describing it is my opinion of how it'd happen, but with better wording.
Keep it up, you've got a new subcriber to your thread :)

Aun'aart'al
30-01-2007, 01:33
not including the Tau portion, what Norm has allowed us to enjoy thus far..;

12 pages, or 6788 words

a short read, but still one that is just Action PACKED :D

Norminator
30-01-2007, 16:12
Yeah, a bit feeble really.

But I finished my ICT coursework (2:30 AM the day it was due in mind :rolleyes:)! So I should be able to get back to this :D

muskrat
02-02-2007, 20:06
*coughs just to hear the echoes*
Tearing down the cobwebs anytime soon?

Railgunner
02-02-2007, 20:12
GCSEs. Although to be fair the ICT Coursework (I find) is disproportionately large compared to other subjects.

Good news however! I have had a few ideas, related both to the Emperor on Terra and the fate of the other Primarchs (I felt it might be interesting to revist the ones that have already 'returned', as most of them came back in what were still very perilous situations!). I've just got to find time to sit down and write them...

Good old ICT coursework. We had to write a childrens book for one of ours.

But we were allowed to use a premade templates for both of ours.
Are you YR10 or 11?

Railgunner

Norminator
02-02-2007, 21:54
Year 10, but I'm doing it a year early (hence I'm at the year 11 stage of the course).

Railgunner
02-02-2007, 22:20
Ah ok...so have you done your mocks yet?

Railgunner

Norminator
02-02-2007, 22:22
Yes. I didn't do very well :(

Railgunner
02-02-2007, 22:47
You shouldn't really let your mocks phase you. Most people say your grade will be at least 1 higher when you do the real thing. I got a D in mocks, and ended with a B in the real thing.

Railgunner

Norminator
02-02-2007, 22:49
If that holds true I should be getting an A then :D

Anyway, back on topic. What are people's preferences for what I write about next; the fight on Terra or another Primarch?

Railgunner
02-02-2007, 22:52
I wanna hear about more Custodes stuff!!!

Railgunner

Norminator
02-02-2007, 23:57
And so back to Terra we go ;)

__________________________-

The tall metallic shapes of the Iron Men formed a phalanx, the custodes warily advancing behind their armoured shield as they crept through the ruined palace. Necrontyr constructs were already flooding to fill the void left by the initial attack, their semi-sentient commanders blindly following the orders left to them by their now obliterated C’Tan. The wave of reinforcements broke as it struck the unyielding Iron Men, who coldly fired volleys of searing plasma fire at the attackers. Although from a technological standpoint the living metal of the Necrons was far in advance of the relatively crude alloys used by their opponents, the Iron Men had a crucial advantage in the sheer resilience of their design, the best that humanity had designed in its long and chequered history. Another factor to their advantage was the presence of the Emperor, deflecting and absorbing shots before they could hit home with a mere thought. Despite this synergy of mechanical and psychic prowess however the Necrons were forming into an overwhelming mass, a critical amount of warriors that was beginning to threaten to overwhelm the tiny, albeit potent, group that they faced. For the first time beads of sweat began trickling down the face of the Emperor, as he struggled to fend off the sheer quantity of firepower that was directed towards them. Despite being god like in power he was well aware of the threat that he faced; in his millennia of existence he had learnt the ancient legends that spoke in fragments of the might of the armies of the C’Tan, and how even the progenitors of life itself had quelled before their might.

Under the command of their Primarch the Custodes were slowly pushed back, their sweeping halberds viciously pushing assaults back from breaking the protective wall of metal that encircled them. Yet for each Necron that was felled two more replaced it, their ponderous movements as deadly and inescapable as death itself. Eventually Aurus gave the command for retreat and the unit drew back to the confines of a more easily defendable anti chamber.

With the impenetrable walls of their confines now providing adequate protection for the enemy fusillade the Emperor began to act more offensively, bolts of crackling energy striking down Necrontyr forms as they entered through the narrow door way. The Iron Men, programmed for loyalty above all, closed together around the doorway, plasma guns firing as fast as the technology would allow. Any normal attacker would soon block the entry into the hall with the amount of bodies that were stacking up, but this presented no problem for the Necrons. As soon as their wrecked remains stopped twitching they would phase away, undoubtedly to reappear in the crypts deep beneath the red surface of Mars. As a result the only option available to the Emperor’s forces was to fight as bitterly as they could, and if they were to die to sell their lives as dearly as they could.

“Hold on my children, just a little longer!”

The Custodes and their mechanical allies, forming a ring around the Emperor, fought on against the surrounding enemies, metallic remnants of Iron Men piled high around them. Psychic energy crackled around the hall, sending entering enemies smashing to the ground in smouldering wrecks. The lost Primarch swept his blade side to side in a desperate attempt to cleave an escape route out, but they were completely overwhelmed. Nothing could help them; surely they were doomed. All were prepared to die and felt no fear, least of all the potent automatons, yet still the Emperor adamantly insisted that if they could just cling on, even for just a few more minutes, they would be saved. None of the company, not even his Primarch son, believed this was anything more than desperate reassurance; but nonetheless they all continued to battle with every ounce of courage and strength they had. There was no choice.

Deep in his heart the Emperor indeed new that they were doomed; not even in the depths of the terrible Heresy had so much been stacked against so few. In his battle furore he initially failed to notice the crackling of a communicator beside him, as did its owner. It wasn’t until the buzzing static grew more persistent that he realised it was something different than the screaming cry of halberd on metal.
“Aurus!” he roared above the reverberating din, “Your communicator!” Aurus dived into cover, the Emperor raising his flaming sword to take his place in the battle line as another wave hammered into the hall, stonework surrounding the door cracking and crumbling as a huge Necron shape tore through, before being sent flying back out by a blast of psychic energy. All of this was unseen by Aurus however, who was lying with the communicator clamped to his ear;
“Ground troops, do you respond, I repeat, ground troops, do you respond!” Aurus activated the microphone built into his helmet, replying desperately,
“Commander Aurus of the Custodes here. Who is this?”
“Where are you?” insisted the voice, “Do you need support?” Before Aurus could respond a third voice entered the communication; the Emperor himself.
“We are trapped in the Imperial Palace. What help can you give us?”
“This is the Grey Knight strike cruiser Gladius Veneratus. We advise you seek cover immediately; we will commence the orbital bombardment. Expect reinforcements - and may the Emperor be with you.”
“He already is,” he smiled.

Dspankdo
03-02-2007, 00:39
******* awesome, that just makes mw want more, this stories turning into something of an addiction:)

Aun'aart'al
03-02-2007, 01:57
ok, by bringing the GK into the picture, this should be something awesomely dramatic :D Grey Knights and Adeptus Custodes fighting alongside the Emperor? AND surviving Primarchs? this is so awesome :cries:

shut up, you're all doing it, too! :cries:

Ezekius
03-02-2007, 10:21
Oh damn it... Awesome, Grey Knights... :D Can't wait for the next part of any of those stories... harr :D

Railgunner
03-02-2007, 20:41
Dude that is amazing!!! Grey Knights make the whole thing even better.

Railgunner

Norminator
03-02-2007, 22:19
I'd been planning to have the Grey Knights turn up at some point, just looking for a way of putting it in. After all, they are only just around the corner (relatively speaking).

Warwolt the skaven
03-02-2007, 22:50
... this is the best thing ive ever read. In my entire life.

Aun'aart'al
04-02-2007, 02:57
I'd been planning to have the Grey Knights turn up at some point, just looking for a way of putting it in. After all, they are only just around the corner (relatively speaking).

what about the Crimson Fists? (I think it's them, anyway), after all, their homeworld Is Terra..

Norminator
04-02-2007, 08:50
That's the Imperial Fists.

Norminator
04-02-2007, 17:20

Who have been surprisingly absent in the battle so far. But not for long ;)

See if you can spot the reference to another great science fiction book.

Guns roared from the side of Phalanx, the space borne monastery rising like a second sun high above the glinting surface of Terra. From orbit much of the destruction occurring on the planet’s surface couldn’t be seen, only the towering pillars of smoke from obscured buildings showing any sign of the tempestuous struggle. Ahead, perched serenely amongst the debris of annihilated orbital defence platforms, lay the ships of the Necron fleet, rushed from Mars on the whim of their hungry C’Tan. The scythe shaped cruisers rocked as the opening barrage impacted with their liquid metal sides, absorbing the damage as they turned to meet their foe.

Inside the bowels of Phalanx servitors manned the leviathan plasma reactors as they were fired up, full energy diverted from the propulsion systems to the weapons array. Lights flickered throughout the vessel as it began draining power to feed the vast batteries embedded in its surface. Through this Brother Leonidas sprinted, his power armour propelling him along the maze of corridors to his battle station. All Imperial Fist marines had been ordered to prepare for immediate boarding action; amongst the most horrific form of engagement any soldier could ever be asked to fight in. Although resolutely showing no fear Leonidas was truly terrified; as with all who served on the fortress monastery he knew that if they were going to war above Terra, something truly cataclysmic must be afoot. He was shaken from his thoughts as the entire vessel shook, void shields draining power and plunging him into darkness. Feeling his way through the pitch black Leonidas felt helpless, trapped inside the monastery with no way to contribute to the battle. What if the defences were overcome and he was sucked out into the vacuum before he could reach a Thunderhawk? He tried to banish such thoughts, reminding himself that if any vessel was to survive such a bombardment it would be one constructed by the Imperial Fists. A red glow bathed him as emergency lighting activated and he continued ahead.

The landing bay was a confused mess. Panic stricken personnel flailed around as they desperately attempted to organise the situation and prevent the banks of prepared Thunderhawks from launching before they were ordered. Leonidas could emphasize with how the pilots must feel; desperate to engage the enemy in open combat rather than stay trapped inside Phalanx. Yet he also understood that if they were to stand a chance against the presumably massive threat that lay outside the armoured doors they could not indulge in rash actions; organisation would be key. A holo-projection upon the wall of the cavernous area displayed the schematics of the ship; although most of the dense technical information was nigh on undecipherable Leonidas could see that the situation did not look good. Turning his gaze away he focussed back to the task at hand; the bank of drop pods into which his company was embarking, their neat uniform armour an anchor of calm in the chaotic situation. Leonidas uttered a litany of devotion to the Emperor as an acolyte adhered a purity seal to his shoulder pad, before stepping smoothly into line with his battle brothers. As he stepped into the cramped pod he watched the landing bay doors grind open upon vast hydraulic rams, the wave of Thunderhawks roaring out into the void to battle the aggressor.

The gunners aboard Phalanx cheered as the Necron vessel’s hull ruptured, the huge craft breaking in half before erupting in a blossoming explosion. The battle was far from one sided as both sides traded blows, guns with the power to level cities being shrugged aside by the armoured might of the opposing sides. The Imperial Fists relied not so much on technological might as their enemies did, but more on sheer brute force and strength; something that had served them well in their glorious history. They watched through their targetters as a pair of strike cruisers opened fire on either side of a Tombship, the combined power overwhelming its self repair devices and tearing it apart. Meanwhile a far larger battleship unleashed a volley of lightning like energy at the strike cruisers itself, crippling one and narrowly missing the other as it took immediate evasive actions.
“All batteries focus on the lead vessel!” came the order of the comm net, gunners responding immediately. Coordinates were input to the technical altars and the battleship rocked as its hull was pockmarked with lance shots. As though flying into a strong wind it slowly began to turn, absorbing that attack and engaging its propulsion drives. Eyes widened in horror as Phalanx’s crew realised what was transpiring. “Enemy attempting ram manoeuvre, fire at will!” The heavily armoured prow of the vessel lit up as massive nova cannons fired upon it, the recoil rocking [/i]Phalanx[/i] repeatedly. Yet still it continued its advance, slowly picking up power as it drove straight towards the fortress monastery. Scanners reporting its distance began a horrifying countdown.
2000 miles. The hull of the Necron battleship began to splinter, chunks torn off by the ferocious firepower.
1500 miles. Sections of the vessel erupted in explosions as lance batteries found their mark.
1000 miles. The battleship began listing as its command bridge was destroyed, but its momentum continued to speed it towards Phalanx.
500 miles. The gunners uttered final prayers to the Emperor as their bravely accepted their fate.
Then without warning a shape smashed into the side of the battleship, tearing through the weakened superstructure and forcing it aside. As it ripped itself free the Imperial Fist strike cruiser turned, terrible damage inflicted on its prow but not enough to cripple it. It turned towards another equally sized battleship.
“Phalanx, this is the Tonitrus Filius requestion covering fire. We’re going after that other one.” The strike cruiser roared ahead, firing at the Necron Battleship as Phalanx added with its weaponry. The battleship roared a broadside at the Tonitrus, overcoming the shields and tearing through the hull. As its reactors detonated the strike cruiser smashed into the side of the Battleship, massive explosion sending out a shockwave that caused any standing on Phalanx to fall to the ground. As the explosion cleared the Necron battlefleet, its flagships destroyed, attempted to rally.
“All guns fire at will!”
But the order was not needed. Through the debris illustriously adorned vessels of the Grey Knights appeared, attacking the Necron vessels from behind and obliterating them in a storm of firepower, before sweeping around and settling into orbit beside the tattered Imperial Fist fleet. Bolts of fire began to streaked towards the Terran surface from the vessels, the tell tale sign of an orbital bombardment.
“This is Grey Knight strike cruiser Gladius Veneratus. Would our brothers be willing to join us in liberating their homeworld?”

Warwolt the skaven
04-02-2007, 17:38
Funky! Really nicely writen spacebattle :D

Aun'aart'al
04-02-2007, 18:24

appearently, I found out shortly after I posted my reply, but for some reason decided against posting my correction :/

although to your challange, I cannot pin the title of your reference, must not have read it or seen it, but still, another Fine addition to the Imperial Chronology :evilgrin:

High Marshal Trenth
05-02-2007, 13:27
Best thing that ive ever read!
Yar!

Dspankdo
05-02-2007, 13:48
Wow your really pumping these out lately nom, as always good work.

Norminator
05-02-2007, 19:07
Wow your really pumping these out lately nom, as always good work.

I'm trying to make up for the amount of time when I didn't do anything before :p

Warwolt the skaven
05-02-2007, 21:30
This should be added to the fluff bible. *starts looking for his fluff bible*

muskrat
07-02-2007, 03:38
The only thing I can guess is 300 by Frank Miller, but that' not sci fi- nor is Leonidas Miller's creation.

And Norm, you did it again with both- shivers with the Grey Knights -especially "He already is."

Also, you made BFG seem interesting. Hard to do if you ask me.

Norminator
07-02-2007, 17:02
Ok, if no one can get the reference, it was the ship Tonitrus Filius which heroically saved Phalanx by ramming the Necron battleships. For anyone who has read HG Wells' War of the Worlds then they will recognise the english translation of Tonitrus Filius - Thunder Child.

High Marshal Trenth
08-02-2007, 14:03
That is a sweet name for a GK ship, :evilgrin:

Cant wait to read the next instalment :cool:

Shadow-Under-Rock
09-02-2007, 05:37
I love it and I NEED more, just as badly as I need water to live.

High Marshal Trenth
09-02-2007, 13:53
Phh, I could do without water, THIS on the other hand, :p

Shadow-Under-Rock
09-02-2007, 17:25
Yea, you´re right. (or are you left?)

luna wolf
09-02-2007, 17:39
sorry i hadnt posted sooner because i had everything on my computer wiped including me warseer password.
but that is got to be the best story you have writen so for, now keep up the good work.

High Marshal Trenth
09-02-2007, 17:41
:confused: (looks down at hands)
I dont know any more!:cries: All I want is more story time!

On a side note, would it be ok if I printed your stories off for my buddy to read? Ive been telling him how awsome they are and he seems pretty interested :cool: Thanks.

Norminator
10-02-2007, 17:04
Sure, fine by me.

luna wolf
14-02-2007, 20:13
you realy need to do one for rogal dorn or the white scars primarch because you would make them sound amazing.

Aun'aart'al
14-02-2007, 23:44
hey Nom, mind if I compile all the stories together for easy read? (all the imperial ones anyway, going from Imperial to Tau seems a little odd for a novel to do, me thinks anyway :p )

I'll try to make it look all perty and everything, honest :angel:

I can even give it a Name!, however I will need help with cover art :cries:

EDIT: maybe an empty golden throne, to represent His return?

Norminator
14-02-2007, 23:51
As I always say, feel free. As long as you're not doing this to pass it as your own work I have no problem.

As for the picture, an empty throne sounds very good. Perhaps with shadowy figures behind, to represent the Primarchs coming back from ten thousand years in hiding?

Aun'aart'al
15-02-2007, 00:47
As I always say, feel free. As long as you're not doing this to pass it as your own work I have no problem.

Great! I could never pull it off anyway :rolleyes: I'll try to get it done tonight (no promises, have to work on a cathedral tonight, damn college work :cries: )

As for the picture, an empty throne sounds very good. Perhaps with shadowy figures behind, to represent the Primarchs coming back from ten thousand years in hiding?

they would have to be limited to shadows, except for the Adeptus Custodes primarch, as we already know what they look like. The other Primarchs, however, will be trickier, as they had different armor (how different though?) so they may just have to be represented by a shadow outline of a bulkier space marine with some notable differences (DA primarch may have a robe, SW primarch may have animal skins, etc.)

Aun'aart'al
15-02-2007, 01:04
hmm, I'm currently at (including the guard portion, but not including the Tau portion) 14 pages. Sections may be moved around and may not appear in this "novel" as they appeared here, either to help them make more sense, or just because you want to read more about that particular part right now :evilgrin:

Scruffy LIRR
15-02-2007, 14:05
Try posting it up on the Black Library fanfic forum.
You could get alot of helpful tips on writing, plus, Im sure a story like this would atract a bunch of fans

hiveminion
16-02-2007, 18:00
Just read the whole thing...
Oh god. This is just awesome. Amazing. Fantastic. Thrilling. Chilling.

I love this stuff, you have so much talent! I love the drama, the switching between places were Primarchs etc. return, the Grey Knights saving the day, the battles, I love it! That said there could be some more dramatism in it, after all the EMPEROR and the PRIMARCHS are back! I want Space Marines crying tears of happiness! Alright that may be pushing it, but man, this is awesome.

Favorite part: your description of the Phalanx "rising like a second sun" above Terra, that was just so...cinematic.

Keep up this amazingly good work!

luna wolf
16-02-2007, 18:04
hey if you want any help with the front cover i will love to help.

Aun'aart'al
16-02-2007, 18:11
hmm Im thinking.. maybe just an empty throne wouldnt be enough, maybe some marines looking at the throne and each other with astonishment, maybe some fear, uncertainty, that sort of thing?

luna wolf
16-02-2007, 18:30
what about the emperor ripping out the wires keeping him alive, with 2 custudes looking like there about to have a heart attack and the shadowy forms of the loyal primarchs stepping from the shadows behind the throne.

Norminator
16-02-2007, 19:26
An empty throne with ripped cabling lying around it? Wires sparking on the ground, that sort of stuff.

luna wolf
16-02-2007, 20:28
okay norminator

Norminator
16-02-2007, 21:08
I have to say I like your idea as well Luna. It has more 'oomph' to it than just an empty throne, and I feel for rather action based writing a passive scene isn't entirely fitting.

luna wolf
16-02-2007, 21:27
norm at the moment if have shetched the whole scene, it has a giant gold eagle at the top then the throne sentered in the senter of the picture with ripped put wires and sparks flying every where, with a giant stair case which leads down to two gob smacked custodes, and at the back of the picture are four shadowy arches with the siluweat of 4 primarchs emerging out of them.

Norminator
16-02-2007, 21:42
Sounds great, when will you be able to scan it so we can see it?

luna wolf
16-02-2007, 21:57
im off for half term now so possibly i might be able to scan it in about 2 weeks time.

High Marshal Trenth
23-02-2007, 14:06
Oo, found a great way to bring dorn and the black templars together for all of this. There is a quote somewhere that says he made the templars legion sized so that one day when (something like this happend) he would reunite with them and his other 2 foundings and help the emperor at full legion strength. (hint hint for next story :D

Also, dont forget crovax of the Raven guard. Hes still kickin somewhere.:cool:

Norminator
23-02-2007, 18:28
The thing about Dorn is I really don't like rejecting fluff where I can, and there is some older stuff about his body being a relic. Although that is contradicted by later mention of only his hand being recovered, it seems a bit messy.

At the moment I'm going to try and consolidate on the Primarchs already up and about, as I'm growing a bit tired of all the Deus Ex Machina appearances.

Rabid Bunny 666
23-02-2007, 19:00
You mean retcon ;)

I like it, although my opinion is that when the Dragon awakes, the Astronomicon would fry it good and proper.

Norminator
23-02-2007, 19:05
You mean retcon ;)

Yes, but I really don't like going along with it where I have to. It raises all sorts of problems.

I like it, although my opinion is that when the Dragon awakes, the Astronomicon would fry it good and proper.

The Astronomicon isn't a laser, it's a beacon - a focus of warp energy that can be used as a reference point. Besides, it's warp based so has little to no effect upon the material universe.

luna wolf
23-02-2007, 19:21
im getting pretty far with the picture at the moment.

marineowar
24-02-2007, 08:17
I disappear for a few months and when I return this is still going strong. It brings warm feelings to my heart. Eagerly awaiting your next installment Norminator.

muskrat
27-02-2007, 20:06
echo echo echo echo.

anyone home?

Norminator
27-02-2007, 20:10
I be here ;)

I'm going to take the next bits a bit slower, so I can put as much effort into them as I can. I need to focus on character development rather than pure action I feel.

luna wolf
28-02-2007, 18:31
sounds like your next pieces are going to be amazing.

AdmiralGrave
01-03-2007, 20:10
Any news on this? I have just read the thread the whole way through and this is amazing. We need more!!!!

muskrat
02-03-2007, 03:55
character development. interesting.

I'm waiting patiently bud- just know that you do write action quite well- which is a lot harder than it seems, as you well know. Hard to get past "he did this, then he did this, but then he did this."

High Marshal Trenth
14-03-2007, 07:04
Where hath thou gone My Emperor!?

Norminator
14-03-2007, 19:57
I promise I'll get some up after my exams. I should be able to fit in some writing alongside coursework.

Here's something I scribbled down when I should have been working in my ICT lesson last Monday;

Terra Mortum

The Admiral watched from his viewing bay, the entirety of the reinforced glass portal filled by the fragile sphere of the gently rotating Earth. Towards it streaked hundreds of pinpricks of light, exhaust contrail crystallising in the icy vacuum that pressed in upon them. Fiery halos appeared as they hit the clouded atmosphere, extreme friction heating their toughened surfaces as they tore through the layers of air that enveloped the planet. Their deadly payload was revealed as each violently erupted, inbuilt computers activating detonation sequences when preset conditions has been met. Expanding rings of destruction spread out from each as the atmosphere was ignited and fire storms of unparalleled ferocity swept the once green landmasses, the intense heat only dissipated as it attempted to boil the vast expanses of ocean. It was over almost as soon as it begun, the fuel for the raging attack rapidly consumed by the ravenous flames. The scant remnants of humanity, secure in impregnable subterranean strongholds watched on banks of viewing displays as blankets of rain, formed from their evaporating oceans, turned the ash on the planet’s blackened surface to a lethal toxic sludge. None saw the final act in the attack coming, two sleek missiles serenely darting from the emptied hold of an orbiting ship. As the vessel turned away the Admiral followed their paths, already barely visible against the vast scorched backdrop. The first cleanly penetrated the crust of the battered planet, exotic technology thrusting it deep through the viscous mantle and into the iron core. Its twin followed the route it had bored and detonated in an area that had been specifically calculated to deliver maximum destruction. The Admiral gazed on as fissures many miles deep began to appear across the planet’s surface, slowly spreading and joining until the entire Earth was fragmented by colossal fault, magma glowing from between the sundered landmasses. No sound was heard as the planet furiously tore itself apart and chunks ripped away from the positions they had held for billions of years, gravity failing to keep them together.

In a dim spiral arm of the galaxy known as the Milky Way lay an average sun, the awesome potential of humanity now only an insignificant area of barren, tumbling rock.

High Marshal Trenth
14-03-2007, 20:59
:eek: :eek: Di,DI,DID YOU JUST BLOW UP HOLY TERRA!?

hiveminion
14-03-2007, 21:06
Well that's some interesting character development, you just blew up their damn planet!;)

Really liked the descriptions of what was happening, very cinematical. Couldn't help thinking about those eons old Dragonball Z series where they destroyed planets with their bare hands. God did I hate Dragonball Z...

But I'm loving this!

luna wolf
14-03-2007, 21:33
you destroyed terra:eek: :eek:, why holy norminator why:rolleyes:

High Marshal Trenth
14-03-2007, 21:40
Im going to go cry now, cry for years and years to come.

See what happens when you dont do your work! HOLY TERRA GETS DESTROYED!

Norminator
14-03-2007, 21:56
I didn't really mean for it to be in the 40k time continuum, just had a conversation with a friend of mine how Earth would be impossible to destroy... and I decided to write my interpretation ;)

High Marshal Trenth
14-03-2007, 22:17
So terra isnt gone!? PRAISE THE EMPEROR! You have just avoided execusion via Orem Assasin. The Emperor forgives you. <,<

luna wolf
15-03-2007, 23:03
so explain what that small clip was about because i am a bit confused.

Norminator
15-03-2007, 23:31
Just something I typed in an ICT lesson when I was bored, instead of doing coursework. It isn't related to the Return of the Emperor at all, just something spur of the moment I did.

muskrat
17-03-2007, 20:27
Norm, you almost got yourself lynched bud...

wow that was an uproar- I liked it though. Cram everyone into bunkers and that, or evac them, then take them necrons out exterminatus style!

Though, bunkers and seismic activity- njo good. :D

Norminator
17-03-2007, 22:47
Norm, you almost got yourself lynched bud...

wow that was an uproar- I liked it though. Cram everyone into bunkers and that, or evac them, then take them necrons out exterminatus style!

Though, bunkers and seismic activity- njo good. :D

I think you've got confused - that wasn't supposed to be in the same timeline as the story. Just a random thing I jotted down of Earth getting blown up that I quite liked, so decided to put here.

Warwolt the skaven
18-03-2007, 00:35
Tough you might consider doing it anyway. Would be cool with the whole planet blowing up expect the emperors fancy pancy palace becuase they had no other choise because necron-1337kickasszor came :P

The Anarchist
18-03-2007, 16:15
Norminator your stories are kicking ass!!!

iv just gotta ask so far you've included some Primarchs an its been great. do you intend to include al the Primarchs (that are'nt confirmed dead or otherwise permantntly out of action) in your story?

please please please say you wil

The Anarchist
18-03-2007, 16:19
Also even if you dont bring Ferrus Manus back or into the story, wil you explain what happened to him.
Your stuff is always far better that the contradictory and sometimes poorly written stuff by GW.

You should deffinantly try out to become a Black Libary authour, your like almost as good as Abnet, and theres no higher complemnt i can think of!!!

Norminator
18-03-2007, 17:00
I'm going to try as many Primarchs as I can. However, I don't think I'll include Konrad Curze, purely because the vindication of his death is so good that I don't want to have him turn out to be alive. Sanguinus and Horus, for obvious reasons, I'll keep absent, as well as the Daemon primarchs (firmly living in the Eye of Terror, except for the odd attempt at summoning them, I think it's best if they stay there). Other than that I'm of the opinion that anything goes ;)

BPK
23-03-2007, 00:37
Ive Just found this thread and boy, I have to give congrats.

Im positivley drooling waiting for the next installment of this epic, and cant believe that you are only just taking your GCSE's.

Id recommend that you concentrate on courseork beause that is marked much more harshly than the actual exams. but once its all over A levels are a Dos. trust me, ive been there done that last year.

id seriously recommend you try out as an author and when this peice is finally finished submit it to the BL. obviosly they wont accept it because it will trash GW's current timeline, but it will tell them that you are a Kick ass author that will leave abnett wondering why no-one will read his books anymore.

as for Counter... dont get me started. lets just say you can already write better than him shall we !

Norminator
23-03-2007, 17:04
Ive Just found this thread and boy, I have to give congrats.

Im positivley drooling waiting for the next installment of this epic, and cant believe that you are only just taking your GCSE's.

Id recommend that you concentrate on courseork beause that is marked much more harshly than the actual exams. but once its all over A levels are a Dos. trust me, ive been there done that last year.

id seriously recommend you try out as an author and when this peice is finally finished submit it to the BL. obviosly they wont accept it because it will trash GW's current timeline, but it will tell them that you are a Kick ass author that will leave abnett wondering why no-one will read his books anymore.

as for Counter... dont get me started. lets just say you can already write better than him shall we !

I'm on my Easter break in a weeks time, so if I don't manage to get anything up before then I will afterwards. I doubt I'll have enough coursework to completely fill up two weeks.

luna wolf
23-03-2007, 17:10
that would be cool norm, and iv got a massive pile of sats revision to do during easter, but sadly i got the mock tests the day i go back to school.

High Marshal Trenth
24-03-2007, 17:58
Hells ya, cant wait for the new stuff norm.

PS. Dont forget about corax!:p

CaptainSenioris
24-03-2007, 21:42
Just got to the end of the thread.

Nice work mate, very enjoyable.

You might want to wait out for Ferrus manus and the other primarch's that were at the Istvaan drop site massacres, we're all about to find out about them in the HH books. Apparently Ferrous manus is shown on the back cover of 'Fulgrim' fighting Fulgrim with only a wrench:wtf: . The only Primarch known to have survived the drop site massacres was Corax I think Ferrous and Vulkan were there with him but I could be wrong about Vulkan.

luna wolf
30-03-2007, 22:13
cant wait norm

Norminator
30-03-2007, 22:21
Whoot!

I finished my ICT Coursework and it's been sent off - so no more ever! I think I've done about 150 pages of the stuff, so I'm really glad I'm shot of it.

bloed_tarnen
31-03-2007, 13:00
Great to hear!,
The stories are coming along great!

High Marshal Trenth
31-03-2007, 18:42
Cheeers! Now, back to the Important stuff!

BPK
20-04-2007, 23:52
anyting forthcomming norminator ?[dice0]

Norminator
21-04-2007, 00:39
Sorry, I did promise you something earlier. Although this is a bit short hopefully I'll be able to add to it later;

The burning of thrusters high above Macragge cast shadows across the strike cruiser’s command deck, its sepulchral qualities emphasised by the quite grief that seemed to envelop the crew. Rows of quiet servitors sat in banks around the hall, the only sign of their presence the odd gentle whirr of actuators or a hiss of steam. A huge viewing screen dominated the area, or rather would have if it was not for the figure stood upon a raised dais. The massive form of Roboute Guilliman imperiously gazed out upon the panorama before him, his brow furrowing as he saw the limping remains of the Ultramarines fleet. Further off the glistening globe of his home planet was surrounded by orbiting ships, contrails and flashes of light representing the myriad forces landing to help expunge the last vestiges of the Tyranid invasion. Some of the names he recognised – a full company of Blood Angels, sons of his murdered brother; Salamanders returning from a distant battlezone; even the brooding Dark Angels had lent their aid. However others were unfamiliar, ones he had been told were descended from his own gene seeds – the Mortifactors and their grim heraldry; a small force of Novamarines; the aptly named Sons of Gulliman, as well as a host of different chapters. Momentarily the Primarch’s view was blocked by a vast shadow and it took him a moment to realise what was happening – a colossal Imperial battleship serenely crossing their path. From what he had been told the battle in the space above Macragge had been devastating to the Tyranid fleet, evidently not expecting such a ferocious Imperial counter attack. Nevertheless their potency was not to be underestimated, as was apparent by the groups of damaged vessels that were limping above the atmosphere. On the planet’s surface several dark scars could be seen – the site of the initial landing, the last stand at the temple of Hera, even the polar defence fortress – obliterated from orbit by a specially modified hive ship. The losses the chapter had suffered had been horrific, with all but a handful of marines on the planet still alive. It was through sheer luck Guilliman and the Ultramarines in the throne room had survived – little did they know that a combined Imperial attack had all but cut off the main enemy assault, and was moving through the palace even as the stasis chamber failed. As a result Guilliman pragmatically noted that at least large amounts of geneseed could potentially be harvested – albeit from under tens of thousands of dead Tyranids, and with the surviving fourth company on route the cleanup operation would start almost immediately. Their home world may have been smashed, but the Ultramarines would rebuild their losses and fight again.

The Primarch’s thoughts were interrupted by the heavy footfalls of Terminator armour behind him, and he met the gaze of Marneus Calgar as he turned. The Chapter Master’s revered armour had been dented, scratched and heavily damaged in many places, and Gulliman was amazed that its servo motors were all still correctly functioning. Calgar held up a data-slate which Guilliman took from him, and as he read its contents a look of horror seemed to cross his face. However this was soon replaced by a look of bitter determination, and when the Primarch raised his head to address Calgar it was almost as though a raging fire was burning in his eyes.
“It seems my father needs us,” he stated simply and quietly. “Send a communication to all the ships in the fleet. Any units not engaged in action on Macragge are to immediately embark upon their respective vessels and assemble at the nearest warp jump point.”
“Yes father,” replied Marneus, the unfamiliar term jarring as he said it, “I will have the communication relayed immediately.”
“You may have trouble persuading some of the more proud of our brothers,” noted Guilliman, coyly casting a glance at the fearsome shape of the Blood Angels vessel. “Include the contents of this with your communication,” he said as he gestured at the data-slate.
“What shall I instruct them to do upon reaching the jump point?” queried the Chapter Master, turning to leave in the process.
“Tell them to begin charging their warp drives. I am taking the fleet to Terra.”

High Marshal Trenth
21-04-2007, 03:00
WOOOOOT! I love it! You did it again norm!

Keep em commin! even if they are days, weeks, even months apart!

hiveminion
21-04-2007, 09:14
Fantastic piece of work, I loved it!

bloed_tarnen
21-04-2007, 09:17
Awesome, just awesome. This is gonna be good!!

monkey child
21-04-2007, 09:50
Stunning, nothing else to say just keep them coming... please:)

BPK
21-04-2007, 09:52
Awesome again norm, but im sorry, dont let me (us pressure you in to posting more if you are not ready yet. for your stuff im willing to wait as its sooo good.

Richter Kless
21-04-2007, 19:54
I have really enjoyed your writing so far and there are a few things I am really hoping for to see.

1. The reaction of Chaos. With the Emperor once again on the stage, I can imagine that the Dark Gods must be wetting their daemonic pants now. Perhaps let Abaddon launch a counterattack against Russ. And even though you stated you wouldn't, I am really hoping you would do something with the Daemon Primarchs. I can't really believe they would keep doing nothing on their daemonplanets with their hated father and brothers once again on the stage.

2. The Emperor and the Tau, I don't know how far you will go, but I would love to know how the Emperor would deal with an enlightened and peacefull race like the Tau.

Looking forward to the next part.

muskrat
11-05-2007, 02:39
peaceful and enlightened my butt.

the tau are militaristic space commies- they would see th Emperor as just another infidel to the greater good.

Norminator
11-05-2007, 16:58
Sorry I haven't updated recently, but I really can't think of anything to add that would be at all good...

hiveminion
11-05-2007, 17:04
Sorry I haven't updated recently, but I really can't think of anything to add that would be at all good...

Oh NO! Writer's block! Why Norminator why...this stuff is just so good...

Perhaps you can find inspiration somewhere...like here on Warseer.:)

Norminator
11-05-2007, 17:38
You lot tell me what you want to see then, and I'll see what I can get.

Hooter Hunter
11-05-2007, 17:58
You lot tell me what you want to see then, and I'll see what I can get.

Hows about a tense reunion between Russ and the Lion:D

Barring that I would be happy with the return of Khan with plenty of DE heads on a trophy rack.

Norminator
11-05-2007, 18:06
I'll just wait for a few more opinions (possibly people want more of the battle on Terra?) before I write anything.

Richter Kless
11-05-2007, 19:56
I would like a short story about Abaddon.
The Imperium just had a major catastrophe and is weak and vulnerable, surely he must be up to something.
Or make a part where he realises the Emperor is back on stage again, I would love to see the look on his face then. (even if written)

Norminator
11-05-2007, 19:59
I've just had a very good idea for an Abaddon-centred story....

Hooter Hunter
11-05-2007, 20:23
Oh yeas Abbys reaction would be something to see. I think it would either be ragaing against Horus for failing to kill Big E comepletely or "Get me brown Terminator armor:eek: "