PDA

View Full Version : My Lovely Horse (Khorne Knights)

Chris_Tzeentch
02-10-2006, 16:30
Hi all,

I have recently been borrowing a friend of mines Chaos army for a local fantasy campaign. I have been fielding a Tzeentch Cavalry army for quite a long time, so I took Khorne for a change, and it has proved to be nasty. Very nasty. So nasty, in fact, that I have decided to do an army.

I will post an army list in due course.

I have completed my first test model (see below).

Tom
02-10-2006, 18:31
That...

That's not bad, actually. The grey on the hprse could do with a bit more work, and... is it varnished or did you paint-undercoat rather than spray-undercoat?

VNifty looking model anyway. And kudos on the title.

Chris_Tzeentch
02-10-2006, 19:08
Yeah...bit of a Father Ted fan.

The horse was a total pain to paint. I was just looking to drybrush lightly over black and leave it at that. I think it looks better in reality. My digital camera skills leave a lot to be desired!

UnRiggable
02-10-2006, 19:25
I like he model but why is there so many themes cramped into the base? Snow, grass and dirt?

Chris_Tzeentch
02-10-2006, 19:47
I love fussy bases!

Pertinax
02-10-2006, 20:19
It took, what, 10 minutes? Cool isn't it?

Chris_Tzeentch
02-10-2006, 20:49
Yeah very quick, which is critical for me, with my wedding just weeks away. I am grabbing the odd hour here and there to get some painting done. Not easy!

ArtificerArmour
02-10-2006, 22:03
How neat is that khorne symbol? You sir put my freehand to shame.

*is shamed*

:(

Chris_Tzeentch
02-10-2006, 22:11
How neat is that khorne symbol? You sir put my freehand to shame.

*is shamed*

:(

no shame - its a transfer. I don't have time for freehand in this army!

schoolcormorant
02-10-2006, 22:15
...running through that field, where are you going....
Father ted rules.

very nice knights mate, keep it up :)
SC

Chris_Tzeentch
17-10-2006, 13:43
I have started work on the Furies, and they aren't looking too bad now. I will attempt to post some pics later on today. Also, I have converted the army standard, which is looking nice, and I have a unit of new Knights which are almost assembled. I have varnished my original Knight with Testors Dullcote, and that has come out rather well. I was fed up of GW varnish turning my miniatures white.

I won an auction on eBay for a load of Chaos Knights, and they arrived this morning, so I will set to work on them also.

So things are progressing - albeit a little slower than I would like.