PDA

View Full Version : necromunda gang!

mjc1000
02-10-2006, 18:05
hi i was just wondering if there was any way to improve my goliath house gang so if you have any tips please share

name ws bs s t w i a ld equiment, skills

gang leader 4 4 3 3 3 6 2 9 power fist, bolt pistol, flak amr, killer reputation

heavy 1 4 4 4 3 1 4 1 7 flamer, laspistol, chain sword, beserk charge

heavy 2 3 3 3 3 1 4 1 7 flamer, laspistol, rapid fire, combatmaster

ganger 1 5 3 3 3 1 3 2 8 shotgun, power axe, beserk charge

ganger 2 3 3 3 3 1 3 1 7 shotgun, iron jaw, killer rep, combatmaster

ganger 3 3 6 3 3 1 4 1 7 shotgun,laspistol x 2

ganger 4 3 4 4 3 3 3 2 7 webpistol, laspistol x2armourer, power sword, armourer, rapid fire

ganger 5 3 2 4 3 1 3 3 8 laspistol x2,iron jaw, beserk charge, hurl, power sword, rapid fire, counter atk

ganger 6 3 4 4 4 1 3 1 7 webpistol,lasgun,gas grenade (choke), rapid fire

any tactics will be helpfull:)

Splagbot
02-10-2006, 18:28
Persoanlly I would have more close combat weapons, mainly due to the skills that the Goliaths can have, it does however look like a decent gang, how long have they been going and are they successful or like my first Goliath gang are they hit and miss or are they just utter rubbish.

mjc1000
02-10-2006, 18:40
surprisingly they have been the best gang so far in the campaing the two flamers are a real hit as it normaly puts two or three guy's down (or dead)
but the webpistols are the best as the rules for them are harsh when it comes to close range

Mephistofeles
02-10-2006, 19:01
I would go for only one flamer, and one heavy stubber. The Stubber is a real wonder I tell you, absolutely fantastic every time!

Master Corvinus
02-10-2006, 19:23
you also do realise you have to buy them of get some of them from the rare market or sorry if you already have them but i suggest maybe the gas mask and visor things so you cant be affected by some grenades and other items

Daemon king Mad Dog
02-10-2006, 19:25
Obviously never met my heavy, BS 1.. (I started a new gang half way through a campaign, after my Van Saar lot got slaughtered i started with goliaths as i had some of the models, and guess what? their bottom :D and i thought plasma cannons where good... for the van saar obviously!)

teh_soldier
02-10-2006, 20:46
Heavy Plasma Cannons are always brilliant for me, i usually take one and give my other heavy a flamer.
I would suggest giving the BS 5 ganger something a lil better if you can, but i cant think of naything off the top of my head that's better. Mayber just a range of shells?

mjc1000
03-10-2006, 09:52
well i could get him a needle gun or something but having him with a shot gun at close range with solid shells are prety harsh and this might be a shock to some but i dont like heavy stubber's i dont know why

Mouldsta
03-10-2006, 10:02
Bah, where's the autocannon? Yeah the stubber is more cred friendly, but the autocannon is so much more.....Goliath

mjc1000
03-10-2006, 10:14
yea but if i get a autocannon then my tactic wont work and my army will look a bit wierd

bob syko
03-10-2006, 15:08
Have a couple of those gangers got strength above 4? I think it can only go to 4, don't know about skills or anything you can get, I'm a bit rusty.

teh_soldier
03-10-2006, 19:26
Have you got Tunnels or Vents as a territory? And have you thought about hiring a mercenary for some long-range stuff?]

Also, for the heavy weapon, think about what you have trouble dealing with. If you can hit but cant wound, try something like a Lascannon or a Heavy Plasma Cannon.

mjc1000
11-10-2006, 17:09
i dont know i normaly do wound with a flamer but a heavy plasma gun does look cool

Kedlav
12-10-2006, 06:04
Some things I'd note(seem some have been stated, but I'll reiterate):
-Two flamers is a waste. Sub in a Stubber, or if you're too lazy to convert, then a Heavy Bolter.
-Ganger 3 has 6 BS and a ******* shotgun?! Bolter+Laspistol please!
-Multiple Laspistols is stupid. You can't use 2 weapons in combat on guys with basic/special/heavy weapons, and to top it off, you've got guys toting two of the rather more reliable pistols. You can switch one for a bolt or plasma pistol or just drop the extra. Some guys even have 3 pistols and a sword... WTF?
-I'd rather have a plasma gun than the second flamer, but I suppose that's taste. When I play Goliaths, I usually keep a couple hidden handflamers about to use as surprises as opposed to lumbering a heavy down with a close support weapon. Heavies cost a lot and offer your only serious firesupport in a gang like Goliaths, so its a bit better to keep them back and let them touch from range(does not apply to that combat monster, who I think would be best as a Plasma Rifler)

Eazy-O
14-10-2006, 09:26
I supposed he just equipped them with everything in the stash? :)

If you're on top and it ain't broke and it works for you, don't fix it. :P

Cerberus
15-10-2006, 15:44
i agree that two flamers may be a bit much, but im not a fan of heavy weapons.
flamers have that awful habit of running out of ammo just at the worst moment. if you dont want a stubber or whatever, take a meltagun. they may be a bit expensive but if its a bit into the campaign then chances are there are a few gangers/hired guns running around with a couple of wounds, so the opportunity to take them down in one shot is not to be missed.

i also agree with the hand flamers thing. you may have to give up your rare trade every game to get one, but man are they worth it. my favourite use of them (especially when your opponent doesn't know they have them) is when you think you're gonna get charged next turn. put your guy on overwatch, then when the guy charges, use the flamer. you'll automatically hit and the worst you can do is pin him/her so no charge. then mob them in the next turn

Kedlav
16-10-2006, 05:18
Yea, hidden hand flamers are one of the sickest, oldest tricks in the book for Goliaths.

As far as equipping out everything in the stash, its better to sell/stash away useless extra weapons, as its just more dead weight to replace when he gets captured/killed.

Cerberus
16-10-2006, 14:48
hell, they're one of the sickest oldest tricks in the book for anyone! I use it for my orlocks.

Daemon king Mad Dog
16-10-2006, 19:47
I find that if you get quite a bit of money, you should buy about 3 lasguns and 3 las pistols to give to guys that come in later, it means that if things go really badly that you can still arm your men.

Kedlav
17-10-2006, 06:20
Yea, I use them with Van Saar as well Cerberus, but they're especially deadly when you've got the meaty combat abilities of the Goliaths. I typically play Van Saar or Orlocks, but I've played Goliaths in one campaign and the hidden handflamers were much, much more effective with the powered up combat freaks.