PDA

View Full Version : News from Russian GD Moscow

Tancred II von Quenelles
28-06-2005, 09:24
Nearly nothing interesting - we knew it all - the models of WE we v seen long ago. The only interesting thing was that after the WE they are starting the 7th edition of FWB. They are making a Makkrage like starter featurihg dwarfs. The first book to be re-done is most certainly dwarfs. Then books are getting re-done as in 40k. Mayby the last books of 6th ediyion like weakling WE, stupid ogres and owning no lore brets be re-done too, but really not soon. All races getting batallions, some modes updated. Possible CD redone at last. It starts next year and is going to be like 5th edition of WFB in comparishon with 4th or 4th edition of 40k in comp. with 3th. Let us wait - Show must go on Gw says, and we have nothing left, but to follow.
Possibly Nagash campaign next summer.
Thats it, I can tell nothing more, there is no reason to ask me questions, cause I ve told all I knew.

Satan
28-06-2005, 10:25
oh! I have one - where did you learn english? No offense, but this text could use a re-read in order to become fully comprehensible.

Good rumours though.

Tancred II von Quenelles
28-06-2005, 10:33
You mean my spelling? I vas never good in it - I prefer to speak.

Kuro, Pitlord
28-06-2005, 11:03
i hear you there

Chuffy
28-06-2005, 11:10
7th ed eh?

Interesting.

Very interesting...

Nazguire
28-06-2005, 11:54
Nearly nothing interesting - we knew it all - the models of WE we v seen long ago. The only interesting thing was that after the WE they are starting the 7th edition of FWB. They are making a Makkrage like starter featurihg dwarfs. The first book to be re-done is most certainly dwarfs. Then books are getting re-done as in 40k. Mayby the last books of 6th ediyion like weakling WE, stupid ogres and owning no lore brets be re-done too, but really not soon. All races getting batallions, some modes updated. Possible CD redone at last. It starts next year and is going to be like 5th edition of WFB in comparishon with 4th or 4th edition of 40k in comp. with 3th. Let us wait - Show must go on Gw says, and we have nothing left, but to follow.
Possibly Nagash campaign next summer.
Thats it, I can tell nothing more, there is no reason to ask me questions, cause I ve told all I knew.

Why do Dwarves? Asides from models and a battlion set, their rules are for the most part generally fine...

Its armies like High Elves, Dark Elves, Chaos Dwarves (who have a single PDF) and Vampire Counts that need them most...

But hey, new Dwarves, what's not cool about that? :D ;)

Blackadder
28-06-2005, 15:11
Why do Dwarves? Asides from models and a battlion set, their rules are for the most part generally fine...

Because GW makes the more money selling miniatures than rulebooks. So the crappy ranges get redone first.

Hey I don't mind I play Dwarfs :D

skavenguy13
28-06-2005, 15:39
Do the box thingy contain only dwarfs? most rumours were dwarfs+skavens

rkunisch
28-06-2005, 15:41
Do the box thingy contain only dwarfs? most rumours were dwarfs+skavens
More likely is Dwarves and Goblins. It is rumoured that the setting in the box is about Karak Eight Peak.

Have fun,

Rolf.

Cenyu
28-06-2005, 16:01
Tancreds English is fine and definitely comprehensible, I know many examples of worse typing and speaking. :D

Wohoo, 7th Ed!

m1s1n
28-06-2005, 18:14
I really wonder what big changes can be brought to the game?
I'm sure that lots of people will be able to give me a massive list of "things they would like changed," but I feel the system should at least be complete for some time before the new edition comes out--so that the world can really see how everything functions in a complete fashion.
I know that leaving things be for awhile is simply out of the question--but I would like to see, I don't know--a whole year between the last army in 6th and the start of 7th.

Sgt John Keel
28-06-2005, 18:28
More likely is Dwarves and Goblins. It is rumoured that the setting in the box is about Karak Eight Peak.

Have fun,

Rolf.

But Vala-Azrilungol when? If it was when it was captured by the Skaven and Goblins, it ought to be three armies, although it could be in 2473 when Belegar establishes an enclave in Eight Peaks, but that's not such a famous battle.

/Adrian

Avian
28-06-2005, 18:30
Mayby the last books of 6th ediyion like weakling WE, stupid ogres and owning no lore brets be re-done too, but really not soon.
Neither of these will get a redo for many years to come. All army books will continue to work in 7th edition, in the same manner as for 40K.

Cigaro
28-06-2005, 19:10
CD ARMY BOOK?!?
(Faints)
The Dwarf box set sounds interesting. Probs againist Goblins.

static grass
28-06-2005, 20:58
Actually I heared that this campaign would involve dwarfs and dark elves.

I am happy that my dwarfs will get a proper update. Sure the dwarfs have a solid list but they are boring to play. Personally I am hoping that they will increase their movement rate to 4. Atleast when people turn and move away from my advancing horde I will be able to keep up with the cowardly curs...

Giving me something to do in the magic phase could be nice too.

dil
28-06-2005, 21:10
oh! I have one - where did you learn english? No offense, but this text could use a re-read in order to become fully comprehensible.

Good rumours though.

Hell, I think your written English is excellent, and many times better than 99.99999% of anyone's Russian on this board.

So thanks!

Xisor
28-06-2005, 22:03
Where'd you hear Dwarfs v Dark Elves? That's one I hadn't even thought of.

To my knowledge(and from what I've heard in rumours places like here) it's going to be Dwarfs v Goblins in a Karak Eight Peaks style(or was it Karaz-a-Karak?)

Xisor

Malakai
28-06-2005, 22:15
I have also heard that it was Dwarves and Dark Elves. Talk of making plastic Dark Riders and a plastic DE bolt thrower has been thrown around on a couple of boards. It may just be wishful thinking from the guys over at Druchii.net, but if they are going to start making plastic batallion box sets for all the armies it makes abit of sense. Also the Dark Elf range is woefully small in the character department.

Malakai

Dargon
29-06-2005, 01:54
The only interesting thing was that after the WE they are starting the 7th edition of FWB. They are making a Makkrage like starter featurihg dwarfs. The first book to be re-done is most certainly dwarfs... It starts next year and is going to be like 5th edition of WFB in comparishon with 4th.Ah, yes, it's that time again... and it's going to be a looong wait.

There were no Warhammer releases at all (aside from a single, solitary Lahmian Vampire) for a full 11 months before the release of 6th Edition. It seems that once the Woodies are done we will be in for a similarly long wait - Wood Elf releases will likely finish in November, leaving 8 months of nothing until September/October (the usual release time for one of their Core Games).

On the plus side, GW aren't usually idle during this period, meaning that when 7th Edition finally rolls around they'll have a huge number of new models stored up to unleash on us.

Also, there's the possibility we may get an advanced preview of a section of the 7th Edition rules in that period to playtest - just like the trial Assault rules 40K players got to preview (fingers crossed for trial Magic rules for Fantasy ;) ).

It's a shame that we won't be seeing the Dwarfs earlier as rumoured, but it's nice to have it finally confirmed that the Book will be under revision and that it won't just be a Lustria style themed list. I knew that GW would never go back on it's word about not revising any armybooks until 7th Edition - with so many irate High Elf players, they just couldn't afford to.

The plus side for High Elf players is that they'll likely be among the first books to be revised. GW will be looking to get out as many revised books as fast as they can early on, so with the High Elves complete model range, they will be perfect as one of those "filler" slots (like the 40K mini-codecies planned to fill in between the major releases). Also, Dark Elves are bound to be another of those early releases due to the needs of their model range - and GW will again want to work on the Asur and Druchii books together.

Just a thought...

LeBeauMort
29-06-2005, 03:05
WOW. another reference to the chaos Dwarfs. :) Looking more and more likely and it's about time.

As far as 7th edition goes, this is what I'd expect to see (or at least hope they think about):

* - Improved bows, or points reduction for bow armed troops

*- Autohit weapons going away and replaced with to-hit.

* - Improved weapon options. Halberds that do something beside +1 str, sword and shield option is so much better in most cases

* - Removing of great weapon option for characters on steeds

* - Upping point cost for cavalry or something to weaken cavalry

* - Improved magic system, and more balanced spells to make things like heavens not the default spell choice

* - Clearer rules on charging, pursuit, etc...

Lordmonkey
29-06-2005, 03:21
I bring nothing of value nor interest to this discussion except:

*Worships Tancreds avatar*

And yes, I heard 7th ed was going to be a bit of a 6.5 ed, much like 4th ed 40K

Frankly
29-06-2005, 05:47
--but I would like to see, I don't know--a whole year between the last army in 6th and the start of 7th.

Thats a good point.

nathonicus
29-06-2005, 06:22
Not only is Tancred's Enlgish comprehensible, but I'm sure it's also much better than any of us could do writing in Russian!

glimli
29-06-2005, 07:12
i really dont see them redoing any of the books, except for maybe dwarfes and highelfs. the rest are fine.

i dont think the welvsie players would take it well if they were informed thier new codex is soon to be invalid and replaced in another seven years1

lordmetroid
29-06-2005, 07:23
Damn it, I should have known... Now I need to replan my army. Though it might not be that bad! After all they said that the codex will be compatible between editions. And so I have to assume that their is no major rule changes. Perhaps I'll buy the 7th edition main book as I don't have the 6th!

But I still remember their release of 6th edition clearly. It wasn't that long ago!

Jester
29-06-2005, 07:33
Hell, I think your written English is excellent, and many times better than 99.99999% of anyone's Russian on this board.

So thanks!

*laugh*
My bet is - his English is also far better than his Russian. Too few Russian speaking people in Austria.

cheers, Jes

Zeb
29-06-2005, 08:28
I hardly remember any of my Russian, it was 0ver 10 years I studdied it...

I'd say this is started, since no mounted characters in the Wood Elf army can take it... It will be quite obvious with the new book.

Wood Eater Ressurected
29-06-2005, 22:11
Hmm. I know Tancred in real world, he-he. My point is that rarely you have seen man, who could speak 4 languages fluently. And my second point is that his written English is far better than Russian of his "critics".

For 7ed: approve to Tancred's info. And all who have read woody's book know, that my words have some weight. ;)

Skinnydookie
29-06-2005, 23:01
One thing I wondered whether they would change for 7th edition was the power or points cost of great weapons for characters and their 'general' dominance of choice over magic (or indeed any other) weapon. I noted the increased point cost of great weapons in the Ogre book, I think 14 points rather than the standard 6 points for a lord for example. Was this merely to reflect the power of Ogres compared to standard characters or is this a new trend that has continued with the Woodies? Anyone know if this increase has continued in the Wood Elf book- There is a model with great weapon so I would presume they can have one.

skavenguy13
29-06-2005, 23:47
For the ogres, every weapon costs a lot. Light armor costs 3, extra weapon 4. For maneaters, every option costs like 15. It's not just because they're great weapons, it's because they're ogres.

Avian
29-06-2005, 23:50
For the ogres, every weapon costs a lot. Light armor costs 3, extra weapon 4. For maneaters, every option costs like 15.
Actually it's 6 pts for a Great weapon for a Maneater, 8 for a Bruiser and 14 pts for a Tyrant, but then Big Guys always pay more for equipment.
I think Doombulls in the Beastman army pay about the same ammount.

karneambara
29-06-2005, 23:59
bit strapped for time so i only read the first page.

if they re-change the rules majorly as they did from v5 to v6 this will screw all players like myself over completely as we were assured when 6th ed came out that there would be no more major rules overhauls.

if they are simply reprinting the books and re-doing the models i dont give a damn. its obviously just gw trying to squeeze every last penny out of their gamers.

Avian
30-06-2005, 00:08
bit strapped for time so i only read the first page.
And apparently in a hurry... :p

if they re-change the rules majorly as they did from v5 to v6 this will screw all players like myself over completely as we were assured when 6th ed came out that there would be no more major rules overhauls.
The comparison used is 4th to 5th edition FB, not 5th to 6th edition.

Dargon
30-06-2005, 00:31
Actually it's 6 pts for a Great weapon for a Maneater, 8 for a Bruiser and 14 pts for a Tyrant, but then Big Guys always pay more for equipment.
I think Doombulls in the Beastman army pay about the same ammount.I think the cost of weapons is usually multiplied by the number of wounds on the models profile, this is why characters and larger creatures pay more for them (don't know how well this fits with the above examples). I assume the thinking has always been that a Great Weapon on a 3W character/monster is going to be useful for three times as long as a great weapon on a model with only a single wound :rolleyes: .

The comparison used is 4th to 5th edition FB, not 5th to 6th edition.Or for a more recent example, take a good look at what is currently happening with 4th Edition WH40K. ;)

It's probably also a more accurate example to look at, since only the High Elves and Undead (Vampire Counts) had their books revised for 5th Edition, and I suspect GW's newer 6-year span between editions will require them to revisit alot of armies - in order to maintain new releases and interest over such a long space of time. Plus it seems they are even planning a Battle of Macragge type of set for Fantasy - looks like they will be mimicking what 40K are currently doing very closely.

Just a thought...

Darius Rhiannon
30-06-2005, 16:11
Actually a depressing thought would be that, since the HE have received their new plastic battalion the will be in a low position on the "re-do" pole.

IIRC Gav believes the HE are fine, and even more vaguely IIRC that they would not even be amongst the first re-leased. I think I will go looking for that quote. Rules for models not models for rules et al.

Etienne de Beaugard
30-06-2005, 17:32

The Dwarf miniature line is showing its age and has only one plastic box. The book is solid, but I suspect the army sales are moderate, at best. A new book, along with minatures will, from GW's point of view, give the Dwarfs a much needed boost.

NakedFisherman
30-06-2005, 18:07
I'd also like to see a section of the rulebook that deals with misguided conceptions brought upon by common chatter and internet forums.

WOW. another reference to the chaos Dwarfs. :) Looking more and more likely and it's about time.

As far as 7th edition goes, this is what I'd expect to see (or at least hope they think about):

* - Improved bows, or points reduction for bow armed troops

*- Autohit weapons going away and replaced with to-hit.

* - Improved weapon options. Halberds that do something beside +1 str, sword and shield option is so much better in most cases

* - Upping point cost for cavalry or something to weaken cavalry

* - Improved magic system, and more balanced spells to make things like heavens not the default spell choice

* - Clearer rules on charging, pursuit, etc...

Odin
01-07-2005, 12:18
Or for a more recent example, take a good look at what is currently happening with 4th Edition WH40K.

Except that there were some quite major changes between 3rd and 4th edition 40K. This will be a much more subtle rulebook change.

Tastyfish
01-07-2005, 13:42
Actually a depressing thought would be that, since the HE have received their new plastic battalion the will be in a low position on the "re-do" pole.

IIRC Gav believes the HE are fine, and even more vaguely IIRC that they would not even be amongst the first re-leased. I think I will go looking for that quote. Rules for models not models for rules et al.
On the other hadn there has been mention of the tau being one fo the first codices out (maybe the one after BT) as it needed very little work down, just a few rule tweaks and bit of new art, despite being a relatively new codex.

If its just a book its not hard to slot them in somewhere (though they could do with having some of the older metal ones redone)

Wimvh
01-07-2005, 20:56
Hey I don't mind I play Dwarfs :D

Same here!!

I'd like some new Warriors with great weapons and usable crossbows or hand guns! I wouldn't mind if they do them Chaos Warrior style!!

Get that Brian Nelson guy to work, and do it now ;)

Nazguire
02-07-2005, 00:25
Same here!!

I'd like some new Warriors with great weapons and usable crossbows or hand guns! I wouldn't mind if they do them Chaos Warrior style!!

Get that Brian Nelson guy to work, and do it now ;)

I'd like

Better Warrior box-set

Thunderers

Slayers

Longbeards

That is all...:D

Tancred II von Quenelles
04-07-2005, 18:28
Thanks to all discussing my Engish. I hate wrightind and prefer speaking ;)

As for HE - I ve asked about them. Derek told tat re-done, as all existing books, but not soon.

MacB
04-07-2005, 22:27
:confused:
is there anyone out there (but me) wondering about a "russian GD"?
on no website whatsoever i found anything about it
when was it?
why doesn't GW advertizes it on their website? or reports about it?
why for heavens sake should GW organize a GD in a country where they even haven't got a store? not to mention an sufficient amount of independent retailers?

metro_gnome
04-07-2005, 23:05
in an attempt to generate either.... maybe...

Tancred II von Quenelles
05-07-2005, 12:24
:confused:
is there anyone out there (but me) wondering about a "russian GD"?
on no website whatsoever i found anything about it
when was it?
why doesn't GW advertizes it on their website? or reports about it?
why for heavens sake should GW organize a GD in a country where they even haven't got a store? not to mention an sufficient amount of independent retailers?

In Russia Warhammer has been more then 18 years. When I was a puppy I we got some Hret and HE (which were re-named Melnibonean models from Eternal Heroe series) models made in 85-87th. These two armies I ve lowed most if all and nothing changed to this day ( and Moorcok is my favourite fantasy writer after Tolkien). I was not alone - other people got models too. They were rare, and pirates started making their contrafact versions. I think in Russia you can get some models rare avilable by E-bay, and not evailable in GW archieves. In 1995-1996 we we got an official distributor in Moscow (where I live, not in Austria, though I d give my left eye to live somevhere in Germany as its sitizen (the call of ancient forfatgers is strong in my mind, strengthenrd by my studies of their history - some of them vere Teutonic knights and periodical visits of relatives in Berlin). This year we v got another distributer of Warhammer in Moscow, where I work as a WFB manager and a seller at the same time. Warhammer is played in many other cities and towns of Russia as well. GW makes GDays in russia from 2000 or 2004 each summer.

Tancred II von Quenelles
05-07-2005, 12:30
And if you look through some white dwarfs you can find the name of the Russian GW retailer company Alegris in the list of stores.

P.S. Russians are not barbarians in furs, wholive in the land of Eternal Winter and marching with Whitebear Guard of Kremlin Lenin s mausoleum on the Red Squere :rolleyes: :evilgrin: :eek: :mad:

Russian joke - Lenin, Stalin, Balin, Dwalin - kings of dwarfs

Tancred II von Quenelles
05-07-2005, 13:46
In some WD there were photos of Natalia Melnikova s Golnen Demon entries - Shaggoth and Eovin

rkunisch
05-07-2005, 14:07
...where I live, not in Austria, though I d give my left eye to live somevhere in Germany as its sitizen...
Just, to make it clear: Austria is not Germany. :p

Have fun,

Rolf.

Tancred II von Quenelles
05-07-2005, 14:10
I know it well, but if I had a choice between Austria end Germahy I d prefer Germany :) - I love Berlin.

LaughinGremlin
05-07-2005, 20:13
Privet, Tancred, and Spasiba! (sp?)
That's all the Russian that I know.

Balin is my favorite dwarf for some reason...
Does anyone know if CD will keep Hashut as the primary deity, or will they now worship the basic chaos gods like the rest of "chaos" does?

Sgt John Keel
05-07-2005, 20:35

Dysartes' interviews.

Anyway, I couldn't care less about the Spell Lores. The only useful spell in there is the Second Sign, especially with the revised version.

As for the Great Weapons on mounted characters, what should they do to the Questing Knights then?

/Adrian

Sylass
05-07-2005, 20:40
[...] As for the Great Weapons on mounted characters, what should they do to the Questing Knights then?
+1S only if mounted instead of +2. :)

Nukem
05-07-2005, 21:40
Personally I am hoping that they will increase their movement rate to 4. Atleast when people turn and move away from my advancing horde I will be able to keep up with the cowardly curs...

Giving me something to do in the magic phase could be nice too.

This will never happen lol. If they gave them mages or a Movement rate of 4 it would cause them to be TOO Uber. Their shooting and ablility to stay around in a fight is almost unmatched. I can see a few things being changed but those two in my opinion will never change.

Dargon
06-07-2005, 00:50
Over at Bugman's Brewery I found another report from the Russian Games Day...

Last weekend we had russian GT where slayers of Karak Angas got 6th place overall (out of 24) and got my second Best Army award in a row...

On press-conference GW reps informed that they're going to rework dwarf and scaven books firts, before 7th edition will happen.Can anyone confirm/deny this report (Tancred?). Personally, I'm very sceptical of GW revising any books before 7th Edition (they need to be sure their changes are compatible with whatever the change in the main rules ;) )... but this is the first proper rumour I've read that confirms the army the Dwarfs will be pitted with (Skaven). Is it accurate?

Just a thought...

Voss
06-07-2005, 05:34
I can't see fitting both in before next autumn, nor do I see GW redoing the Skaven book already. (Especially since most skaven requests comes from other people trying to stop the Skrye Army of Doom- GW doesn't tend to go for changing a list because of a min/max exploitation issue). And besides, skaven just got a big set of plastics.

I could see doing dwarves as a major remodelling job/minimal armybook tweaking for January/Feb. And then maybe vampire counts as major armybook tweak/new vampires models/ majority of model line left alone for the summer. And then, 7th.

They won't just stop the fantasy line for a year though... by that logic, they shouldn't have done the wood elves. If its like the 40K revision, tactics will change, and there will be some alterations, but little will be outright broken by the changes. Though some choices will be less effective (occassionally to the point of not effective at all)

Judging by the 40K, and comments made by GW folks, you wont' see any existing armybooks explicitly altered by the rulebook change. So you probably won't see 'mounted characters can no longer use greatweapons' or <specific unit> now costs X points rather than Y points. That will wait until the army books get revised.

How the weapons work, that could change.

The 8 lores of magic will almost certainly change, probably a progression from the chronicles update.

Clarifications will occur, attempts will be made not to hide fast cavalry's auto-rally.

Maybe some changes to shooting and hand to hand phases.

NakedFisherman
06-07-2005, 05:48
I can't see fitting both in before next autumn, nor do I see GW redoing the Skaven book already. (Especially since most skaven requests comes from other people trying to stop the Skrye Army of Doom- GW doesn't tend to go for changing a list because of a min/max exploitation issue). And besides, skaven just got a big set of plastics.

Well, there are a few things that could point to Skaven. For one, Skaven are Phil Kelly's army. They are hid pride and joy. Second of all, it was the Skaven who took Karak Eight Peaks with the new Poison Wind Globe invention.

Also, redoing Skaven to stop the SAD armies is excellent for Skaven players. That way we can weed out all the illegitimate Skaven players. :P

Voss
06-07-2005, 07:26
Along with Eldar and Tyranids apparently. They really work Kelly like a b!tch, don't they?

Skaven might end up in the new starter set (if its Eight Peaks), but that doesn't mean the army will be redone. It would just be some plastics in a box.

Dargon
06-07-2005, 08:02
They won't just stop the fantasy line for a year though... Don't bet on it ;) .

There wasn't a single Warhammer release for a full 11 months in the lead-up to 6th Edition (except for a solitary Lahmian Vampire model). If GW release 7th Edition in September (as they did with 40K) of 2006, and assuming the Wood Elf releases will be done by the end of October/November, that's only about 8-9 months left in between.

Having said that though, in 4th Edition, they were still releasing Wood Elf models up until 2 months before the introduction of 5th Edition, so it's no indication of GW's common practice.

Just a thought...

Voss
06-07-2005, 08:20
Dwarves seem to be a pretty solid rumor though, so it seems rather likely that they aren't doing that. Plus their business practices are very different now. For good or ill, the GW of today is run like a business, not just a bunch of blokes making wargames.

NakedFisherman
06-07-2005, 17:56
Phil Kelly also did Ogre Kingdoms. :P

Damn, they are really working him.

Funny thing I thought of today while painting some Poison Wind Globadiers -- they're still Marauder models from 1991 or before. They don't look awful, but considering the Poison Wind Globe was the invention that finished off Karak Eight Peaks, perhaps we'll see new Globadier models.

Then again it could just be my brain running while I paint.

Orcdom
06-07-2005, 22:29
but arent the night gobbos and skarsnick still a big part of 8 peaks? (i havent read up on fantasy in a while)
Steve

Sgt John Keel
06-07-2005, 22:50
Funny thing I thought of today while painting some Poison Wind Globadiers -- they're still Marauder models from 1991 or before. They don't look awful, but considering the Poison Wind Globe was the invention that finished off Karak Eight Peaks, perhaps we'll see new Globadier models.

Vala-Azringungol was assaulted from above by Goblins and from below by Skaven 2500 years ago. Apparently the Goblins drove the Skaven out later on.

Again, if they want the Goblin/Dwarves conflict they can't use the fall of Eight Peaks, as there was three armies there and I don't see them just ignoring one. How they will get only Skaven/Dwarves in there is more than I can comprehend at the moment unless they decide to focus on underground fighting, and it might be a little too much for a starter set to include a dwarf hall.

No matter how many times I say this, you never seem to listen. It just doesn't fit.

/Adrian

Dargon
07-07-2005, 03:36
Dwarves seem to be a pretty solid rumor though, so it seems rather likely that they aren't doing that.Except for the fact that the solid rumour is that Dwarfs will be part of the "Battle of Macragge" style set, meaning we won't see them until after 7th Edition is released. Judging by 40K, if the Dwarfs are part of this set, it's most likely that they will also be included as one of the model sets in the 7th Edition game, and then have their revised armybook immediately following.

This is my guess for the future...

After Wood Elves, there will be nothing in the way of models for 8 or so months. All fantasy models produced during this time will be held off for 7th Edition. GW will use this time to promote 40K and LotR in the hopes we won't notice, and they will likely flood White Dwarf with Fantasy related articles to keep us interested. About halfway through, around April/May, we may get an advanced preview of a section of 7th Edition to playtest - most likely the revised rules for Magic.

Finally, in September 06, they will release 7th Edition.
The Fantasy version of "Battle for Macragge" will follow in October.
The Revised Dwarf Armybook and models will be released in November.

Dwarf models will be included in both the 7th Edition boxed game, and the "Battle for Macragge" style set. Likewise, whichever other army GW plan to use will also be in both sets, and see a revision of their armybook and some models within 6 months of the Dwarfs.

Assuming GW follow the marketing plan they used for 4th Edition 40K. ;)

It just doesn't fit.I tend to agree. Which means that...
The rumour about Skaven is false?
Entirely possible, as no-one has yet confirmed the info I posted from Bugmans.

The set won't be based on the Fall of Karak Eight Peaks?
Entirely possible. Karak Eight Peaks is just one of a few rumoured scenarios.

We havn't figure out exactly how GW will do it?
Also entirely possible. Battle of Macragge had a number of unique scenarios and the scenery needn't go as far as an entire hall - a Dwarf well and a few pieces of underground rubble/Dwarf ruins would be enough if the whole thing was focussed underground.

Time will tell which rumours are true and which are false.

Just a thought...

Son of Morkai
07-07-2005, 04:23
Dwarf models will be included in both the 7th Edition boxed game, and the "Battle for Macragge" style set.
There wasn't any 4th edition box for 40k, instead there was a hardback rulebook and Battle for Macragge. It is quite possible that there won't be a 7th edition box. If there was, why bother with the Macragge-variant?

Voss
07-07-2005, 04:35
Technically, Macragge was the 40K box. Models, rules, terrain. The rulebook in Maccragge was stripped down to just the rules, leaving out the fluff and modelling.

Dargon- I suppose its possible. But the void you're talking about will be closer to 10-11 months. Thats a long time to neglect a core game. Particularly when, if people are aware of 7th edition coming up, they're going to be hesitating to buy anything until they find out what the changes are. (That won't be true of everyone, but it will depress sales). An army book released along a normal schedule (at least late winter/early spring) would at least give fantasy one major sales outlet, to keep the first to fiscal quarters producing some profit.

Any army produced in the meantime won't be any worse off in regards to the 7th edition revisions than anything currently out there, and will likely be better, since they will at this point have some ideas as to what the revisions will be.

Taking this theory, maybe Dogs of War next spring? They'll fit into almost any army, thus allowing sales across the board that can theoretically be picked up by anyone, rather than just for a specific army.

NakedFisherman
07-07-2005, 05:12
Vala-Azringungol was assaulted from above by Goblins and from below by Skaven 2500 years ago. Apparently the Goblins drove the Skaven out later on.

Again, if they want the Goblin/Dwarves conflict they can't use the fall of Eight Peaks, as there was three armies there and I don't see them just ignoring one. How they will get only Skaven/Dwarves in there is more than I can comprehend at the moment unless they decide to focus on underground fighting, and it might be a little too much for a starter set to include a dwarf hall.

No matter how many times I say this, you never seem to listen. It just doesn't fit.

/Adrian

Then what battle will it be?

Edit: Thinking about it a bit deeper, the only new units Skaven got replaced the old Marauder minis from 1991 or before. Censer Bearers, Plague Monks, and Packmasters. The only Marauder minis I know of that still are 'current' are Poison Wind Globadiers. Correct me if I'm wrong. :P

Yes, I truly do enjoy trying to prove my baseless rumor as truth.

Gorbad Ironclaw
07-07-2005, 10:41
About halfway through, around April/May, we may get an advanced preview of a section of 7th Edition to playtest - most likely the revised rules for Magic.

I can't see this happening at all. I don't think we are going to see any rules related articles in Dwarf at all until 7th edition is released. Long ago, there was rumoures that an article would be written on charging, to clean up a lot of the problems there, but apparently that got cancelled, and would just have to wait until 7th. So I can't see them releasing something else for us to have a look at(and I think they learned from the confusing in 40k).

I wouldn't expect anyone but the playtesters to see anything of 7th before it's all done.

As for whats it's worth. I think the dwarfs will follow on as the next release after wood elves, and then 7th edition will come after dwarfs. Of course, I could be wrong on that count. And I'd expect to see Vampires in the starter set too. Both the rules and especially the models could do with some attention.

Tancred II von Quenelles
07-07-2005, 13:19
Over at Bugman's Brewery I found another report from the Russian Games Day...
Can anyone confirm/deny this report (Tancred?). Personally, I'm very sceptical of GW revising any books before 7th Edition (they need to be sure their changes are compatible with whatever the change in the main rules ;) )... but this is the first proper rumour I've read that confirms the army the Dwarfs will be pitted with (Skaven). Is it accurate?

Just a thought...

Barin s words are true - he has a really beautiful army.

Sgt John Keel
07-07-2005, 23:45
I tend to agree. Which means that...
The rumour about Skaven is false?
Entirely possible, as no-one has yet confirmed the info I posted from Bugmans.

The set won't be based on the Fall of Karak Eight Peaks?
Entirely possible. Karak Eight Peaks is just one of a few rumoured scenarios.

Time will tell which rumours are true and which are false.

Just a thought...

There's the option that it is centered around another Dwarf Peak though. Maybe people were jumping to conclusions when Skaven and Dwarves were mentioned?

And what happened to the Dwarves/Dark Elf rumour?

/Adrian

Zink
10-07-2005, 13:09
Сдраствуйте Tancred! Hey I can type по-русский! Amazing! Но к сожелено мне нужен много практика. Sorry to everyone for posting unrelated questions in this thread. What I wanted to know was where I could buy russian versions of the rules and what are the costs in Russia? I lived in Russia for awhile and my wife is Russian. She loves to collect and paint the models, but because of her not so good english she doesn't want to learn the rules. My Russian is more conversational and it's too difficult for me to translate everything.

nurglich
10-07-2005, 14:06
I think that people are looking into this 'battle for macagge' type starter set fo FB to deeply, ok dwarfs need more plastic's and is essential for a battalion box for the'very race has one' plan GW have at the moment but, dwarfs have had a lot of attention lately with the recent fluff in WD and the battle for Bugman's brewery, and what would stop them just building on that campaign anyway for the starter set? most of it (if not all) has been done in WD already.

Voss
11-07-2005, 04:30
Because that campaign has hordes of non-standard stuff that would be completely unsuitable for a starter set?

The recent WD fluff could just be stuff they know they'll never fit in a book.

Chuffy
11-07-2005, 09:24
I think that people are looking into this 'battle for macagge' type starter set fo FB to deeply, ok dwarfs need more plastic's and is essential for a battalion box for the'very race has one' plan GW have at the moment but, dwarfs have had a lot of attention lately with the recent fluff in WD and the battle for Bugman's brewery, and what would stop them just building on that campaign anyway for the starter set? most of it (if not all) has been done in WD already.

What an unofficial campaign with badly converted, expensive and badly painted models?

Bugmans Brewery isn't the only conflict thats happened between Dwarfs and Goblins y'know... :rolleyes:

Gorog Irongut
11-07-2005, 11:11
There's the option that it is centered around another Dwarf Peak though. Maybe people were jumping to conclusions when Skaven and Dwarves were mentioned?

And what happened to the Dwarves/Dark Elf rumour?

/Adrian

At the moment most of everything being spoken is pure speculation so I've allowed myself to get distracted by non warseer things. As I was the originator of the Delf rumour and don't feel like defending it at every turn it has just slowly disappeared. I will however laugh when it comes time for the Rulesbox release and we see pointy ears across the table instead of tails or squigs.

Next time I head back to visit my source I will post further info on all things dwarfy.

nurglich
11-07-2005, 14:04
What an unofficial campaign with badly converted, expensive and badly painted models?

Bugmans Brewery isn't the only conflict thats happened between Dwarfs and Goblins y'know... :rolleyes:
You misunderstood me, i didn't mean plucking the campaign straight out of WD :rolleyes: . People are speculating it being a 'historical' replay so to speak, and the bugmans brewery is a big event in dwarf history. My point being who would of thought the battle for macragge was going to be the starter box for 40k? There wasn't a spectacular battle taking place between 1 squad of SM's and a couple squads of nid's on a planet wide scale was there?

rkunisch
11-07-2005, 15:00
There is even an example how a WD article series went into a full blown supplement: Mordheim. So, Bugman's Brewery may not be out of the match. On the other hand calls this setting for big scenery (being a bit of a siege) and I doubt that there will be that much scenery in a starter box...

Have fun,

Rolf.