PDA

View Full Version : The red angel?

x-esiv-4c
03-10-2006, 13:44
In the third Heresy artbook there is a picture "blades of traitors" I believe. It shows most of the main characters who played in leadership roles during the heresy. Horus, Abaddon, Maloghurst etc etc. However there is a being in what looks like blood-angel armour awash in flames, suspended in the air. The caption below is pictures says "The red angel * Daemon".

Who was this daemon?

Lord Hjamlar
03-10-2006, 17:08
I think it was one of those BA who were attacked during the warp fly by Khorne...

Llothlian
03-10-2006, 17:18
I've not seen the picture, but are you sure its not Sanguinius?

x-esiv-4c
03-10-2006, 17:29
Unless Sanguinius was hanging around Horus in the closing days of the war in an advisory position, I doubt it very much.

FlashGordon
03-10-2006, 19:21
Maybe its a Blood Raven Space marine!??!111one

ryng_sting
03-10-2006, 19:22
I own the Horus Heresy book the image appears in. It's not Sanguinius.

Voronwe[MQ]
03-10-2006, 19:28
I've seen it. It's not sanguinus. Probably a chaos daemon of a minor god/power/demi-god etc. Could be Khornate, though it's too slender to be, in my opinion.

Talos402000
03-10-2006, 20:19
It's obviously a Blood Angels Marine that's been possessed by a Daemon, most probably on Signus Prime where Sanguinius fought the Bloodthirster Ka'Bandha and the Keeper of Secrets Kyriss the Perverse. And it's formal name is the Red Angel of Discord. Maybe it's purpose was to sow confusion and mistrust amongst the Blood Angels Legion, or perhaps used in some plot to turn Sanguinius to Chaos.

What I want to know is, who is Yngethel the Ascended? Obviously it's a Daemon Prince, but of what power and what function? And why is it one of Horus's closest advisors? I hope the new Horus Heresy books can answer these questions.

Freak Ona Leash
03-10-2006, 20:28
I remember in False Gods it is stated that one of Angron's titles is The Red Angel...

Scorpio
03-10-2006, 20:45
I remember in False Gods it is stated that one of Angron's titles is The Red Angel...

I'm pretty sure i remember that as well. Yngethel may be Erebus. I havent read the third book yet but it might be him...

-Scorpio

Talos402000
03-10-2006, 20:59

Hmmm... don't remember that, what page was it on? Also the Red Angel is clearly wearing Blood Angel power armour, is floating (the only reason he isn't floating higher is that they have him chained to the floor) and what appears to be fire pouring off of every surface. Plus that Angron has two seperate cards (one pre-daemon, the other post-daemon) in the game and none of them look like the Red Angel.

I'm pretty sure i remember that as well. Yngethel may be Erebus. I havent read the third book yet but it might be him...

-Scorpio

That is most assuredly NOT Erebus. In the picture quoted above, Yngethel is standing to Horus's left, a little behind Ahriman and the Thousand Sons. Erebus and his Word Bearer's are standing to Horus's right. Not to mention the fact that Erebus is still active 10,000 years later...

Here is a link to the pictures of the Blades of The Traitor.
http://www.sabertoothgames.com/horus/lore_list_blades.asp

Freak Ona Leash
03-10-2006, 21:08
Hmmm... don't remember that, what page was it on? Also the Red Angel is clearly wearing Blood Angel power armour, is floating (the only reason he isn't floating higher is that they have him chained to the floor) and what appears to be fire pouring off of every surface. Plus that Angron has two seperate cards (one pre-daemon, the other post-daemon) in the game and none of them look like the Red Angel.

That is most assuredly NOT Erebus. In the picture quoted above, Yngethel is standing to Horus's left, a little behind Ahriman and the Thousand Sons. Erebus and his Word Bearer's are standing to Horus's right. Not to mention the fact that Erebus is still active 10,000 years later...

Here is a link to the pictures of the Blades of The Traitor.
http://www.sabertoothgames.com/horus/lore_list_blades.asp
Not sure the page but it is in the description of Angron as he is leading the World Eaters against the Auretians