PDA

View Full Version : Quick Dwarf question

Rodzaju
04-10-2006, 01:49
I need some clarification concerning multiple Runes of Battle.

I know it says "Multiples of this rune have no further effect".
However, this may be referring to putting multiple runes on 1 banner.
If it was meant to be only 1 rune per army, would it not be a master rune?

This leads me to the conclusion that it may be possible to have a rune of battle on multiple standards in an army.
So what happens if 2 units with this rune end up involved in the same combat?

I'm thinking about the dark elf banner that adds d3 combat resolution.
I have never heard it suggested that this does not stack with the war banner.
Which raises a precedent against 1 rune of battle invalidating another.

Any input would be much appreciated.

Xavier
04-10-2006, 02:17
The multiple runes thing refers to taking multiples of the same rune on the same item. Your right in that if there was to be only 1 it would be a master rune.

Correct, 2 units could, however the rule of pride would still apply. If both units ended up in the same combat, nothing untoward would happen, you would get the same effect for both units.

So, ill try and surmise as best as I can;

Only master runes are 0-1.
Multiples of runes stack unless it says they dont, as in this case.

So in your example, you could get the +1 for the runes of battle for each unit that had it on their standard, subject to the rune of pride.

(As a side note I dont remember the rune of battle saying it was a "multiples of this rune have no further effect" banner)

T10
04-10-2006, 06:43
"Rule of Pride", not "Rune of Pride".

Yes, you can have lots of banners with Runes of Battle in the same combat. And yes, their effects stack.

-T10

Festus
04-10-2006, 07:34
Hi

T10 is correct, even if DeathlessDraich doesn't think so (still, I assume).

Look here for more discussion: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42726

Greetings
Festus

snurl
04-10-2006, 08:00
Yes, you may have more than one banner with the rune of battle in your army, but only one banner may have JUST the rune of Battle, see the rule of pride for more details.

DeathlessDraich
04-10-2006, 11:18
Hi

T10 is correct, even if DeathlessDraich doesn't think so (still, I assume).

Look here for more discussion: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42726

Greetings
Festus

:p Yes, that's right. The phrase "unit's CR score" is vital to a correct interpretation

There will be different results depending on whether multiple runes are on the same standard or different standards.

Quoting the previous discussion:

"no further effect" - no added effects to the first one i.e. since rune of balance affects a unit's CR score (+1 to its CR score) multiple runes on the same standard have no added effect.

If 2 or more standards have the rune of balance then each rune can only affect its own standard and its own CR score (as opposed to the final CR of the battle) and therefore does not affect other standards with the same rune. Therefore 2 or more stds, each with a Rune or balance. gets +1 CR EACH.

Festus
04-10-2006, 11:23
Hi

Draich, I'd rather leave this discussion in the other thread, as it is pointless repeating it here, but...

...you are still wrong: Individual units do not calculate a CR, only combats do (including multiple combats, which will have just one CR calculated).

I will leave it here.

Festus

Xavier
04-10-2006, 18:03
"Rule of Pride", not "Rune of Pride".

Yes, you can have lots of banners with Runes of Battle in the same combat. And yes, their effects stack.

-T10

... leave me alone :(