PDA

View Full Version : World Eaters Head Gear

Reaver83
04-10-2006, 08:17
Ok i've finally finished my 4 bserker squads for my world eaters (and comparing them to the ones i painted ten years ago when i last played, a little bit better lol)

But i was wondering whats up with the head gear, it's not like it's to deifferentiate them in battle when everyones blood is read, as khorne does not care from where the blood flows

I've had a look in my old chaos dex and my new one and not found any info, does anyone else know?

Nazguire
04-10-2006, 12:05
Ok i've finally finished my 4 bserker squads for my world eaters (and comparing them to the ones i painted ten years ago when i last played, a little bit better lol)

But i was wondering whats up with the head gear, it's not like it's to deifferentiate them in battle when everyones blood is read, as khorne does not care from where the blood flows

I've had a look in my old chaos dex and my new one and not found any info, does anyone else know?

I think it is to look like the symbol of Khorne and nothing more. So yeah, a religious dress code if you like. Though I doubt if Khorne cares whether they wear it or not, other than that they just 'kill, maim, burn' as Kharn would put it.

RampagingRavener
04-10-2006, 14:23
It may also be to make themselves look more like Daemons-adding artificial horns to their armour, to match the bloodletters.

BlackLegion
04-10-2006, 18:32
Someone refered to the headgear as "Bunnyears"...:D

t-tauri
04-10-2006, 21:10
I've deleted three spam posts from this thread. If we can't remain on topic then the thread will be locked and further action taken.

t-tauri

The Warseer Inquisition

leonmallett
06-10-2006, 08:20
It's a religious thing, like wearing a yamulke. You'll notice similar antler-like things on the Avatar of Khaine, and some older depictions of the Bloodthirster.

Had never (in nearly 20 years of 40K) never seen the link between berserker head gear and Avatar. It is obvious to me now that it has been pointed out, Cheers, Nuglitch. Warseer still throws up gems.

Brothergrimm
06-10-2006, 20:47
It to increase the difficulty of taking skulls for the throne it's easy enough to left a blade over your head and bring it down but try doing it with a pair of antlers over your shoulders without getting your chain axe caught...

The Laughing Man!
07-10-2006, 16:11
What really gets me about berserker head gear is how they did it:confused: I mean crazy, insane, bloodthirsty nut jobs who’s only concern is collecting skulls for the skull throne and so on one day stopped and completely remodelled and redesigned their helmets with a neat, clean, precise, and symmetrical design.

As to why they wear them I don't know but the excuse I think fits best so far is making it look like the mark of khorne.

Voronwe[MQ]
07-10-2006, 16:19
Stylised, angular daemon-horns. A sign of Khorne, and then with brass/bronze/gold trims and studs.