PDA

View Full Version : guestion about picking spells

IkuTurso
04-10-2006, 16:27
Im building a lizardmen army, and Im going to field a slann, and I was thinking: when Im rolling the spells for him, can I first throw 1 d6 for lore of death(for example), and then roll on another lore(s), and then roll on death again?

Griefbringer
04-10-2006, 16:38
By my reading of the slann rules, you can freely jump back and forth between the different lists - so the answer to the question would be yes.

TheWarSmith
04-10-2006, 18:26
wait, you're telling me slaan can have spells from different lores? So you can have one with a spell from death, fire, shadow, and life?

Griefbringer
04-10-2006, 18:36
Yep - that is what their rules say. Comes with the several millennia of magical practice. Oh, and there is a magical item that allows a slann to have five spells.

Of course, if you take all spells from different lores, Murphy's law states that you will manage to get all the least useful ones.

GranFarfar
04-10-2006, 19:26
The greatest thing with it is if you use a second generation and just pick al those 1d6 missiles that alot of lores has gotten as nr 1 - Means alot of free dices. Otherwise you(read I) usually end up with 4 spells from one lore and 1 from another - thus on the whole not as great an advantage it might sound.