PDA

View Full Version : Purge The Daemon! A DH project log by Anubis_the_Harlie

Anubis_the_Harlie
04-10-2006, 19:35
Well, after finishing my Crone World Eldar (pics one day, my camera is busted) army I have decided to do something a little bit different in the form of a pure DH army.

As you can see from my sig I already have (a very innefectual) one but the painting leaves a lot to be desired and I want to add some more stuff to it, for example the beautiful forge world GK dread...

So, when I fix my camera I will post some pics of what I have done so far, this is gonna be a long running project log as i'm really painting at a rate of one model every few days due to uni and stuff.

Oh, and if anyone has any tips on getting close up high quality pics of my models please PM me.

Anubis_the_Harlie

Anubis_the_Harlie
07-10-2006, 12:53
The ETA on the first squad of GK's is later on today... and my camera is working too! So pics will be up this evening

ExoCowboy
07-10-2006, 14:38
great, we are eagerly waiting to see those pictures! :cool:

Anubis_the_Harlie
07-10-2006, 16:29
Well, I have had a crisis... the art pen I use to write the names on my GK's has gone and killed itself... so... two of my GK's are not finished, but I do have 3 done so here are the pics of them.

I know that i'm not the greatest of painters and theese GK's are my first attempt at really detailed GW models so constructive critiscism would really be appreciated :D

Anubis_the_Harlie
07-10-2006, 16:36
here are the pics... I hope this works...

UnRiggable
08-10-2006, 00:16
Okay Anubis I have no problem with the minis, but notice how in almost every pic the focus is centered on the windowsill? Press the flower-button for close-ups.

Anubis_the_Harlie
08-10-2006, 08:45
okie dokie, thanks for the tip... I will do that and post some new pics later on today, sorry for the poorness of my pics...

Anubis_the_Harlie
08-10-2006, 09:39
Ok, I have an army list... it took a while but meh, this is what I hope to have painted by January...

Inquisitor Lord- Thunder hammer, bolt pistol, Icon of the Just, Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Psy Bolts- 121
3x Acolites carapace+ bolters-42 Hierophant-8 Warrior w/ flamer- 15 2x sages-20
Rhino w/ Psy Bolts- 60

Vindicare Assasin- 110
GK Termies- 4 Termies 1 w/Incinerator, Brother captain- 306
Inquisitor- Power Armour, Power Sword, Plasma pistol, Emperors tarot, Melta bombs- 80

3x GK Squad- 4 GK's one w/ Incinerator, Justicar
Storm Trooper Squad- 4 ST's 1 w/ flamer Vet. Sarge w/ Power armour and Bolt pistol- 101
Chimera- Multi laser, Heavy flamer- 90

Dreadnought- TL Lascannon, Incinerator- 145

Well there is my list, as you can see i've gone for a very cityfight themed force, as the fluff i've written for my force is that my Inquisitor Lord roots out heretical cults alone within the large cities of the Imperium then calls upon the full force of his strike force to excise the cancer that is the cult, purging them in rightous flame.

C&C on the list etc would be appreciated and I will try to reply to every commment

Anubis_the_Harlie
08-10-2006, 15:25
Ok... the full squad will be finished by tonight, (I just found some toime to go to my local DIY shop and get a pen to write my GK names) hopefully the pics will be of better quality than the last few...

Anubis_the_Harlie
05-11-2006, 21:03
Well, it has been a long time since my last post but now i'm back and raring for another update!

Ok in my absence I have painted a few models here and there and the army is now 1/2 way to completion! I've got pics of some of my models in WIP or finished for your enjoyment (I hope)

Apologies for the lighting on some pics (I'm still a noob when it comes to photography!). Also some of the models I have completed are not posted because they are essentialy the same as ones already posted e.g the GKiPA

C&C welcome as always and more pics on the way soon!#

One more thing... how do I put up pics that arn't attachments?

Angel mouse [swordwind]
05-11-2006, 21:23
ive seen thses all before !!

Anubis_the_Harlie
05-11-2006, 21:25
^^good one Lewis...