PDA

View Full Version : Bring Brets in line with 7th ed.

shakespear
05-10-2006, 00:51
I now have to do my knights 5 wide. So I have 2 questions.

1. What is the best way to do this dollarwise? I have 8 knights of the realm, where do I get the other two? Mail order the older figs? What is eveyone else doing?

2. What about adding a third rank? I could just get another box of knights and have 1 other guy. Too many points in one place?

thoughts? Concerns?

Dark Apostle197
05-10-2006, 00:55
DOn't they stay in there stupid lance formation? thats what pissed a lot of people off. (True that was BEFORE 7th ed came out and it was just remoured)

shakespear
05-10-2006, 01:06
Dunno, I picked my rulebook (with bag) yesterday thats what they told me

Xavier
05-10-2006, 01:14
You can still use the lance formation and get ranks by being 3 wide.

TheWarSmith
05-10-2006, 01:16
army books trump the rulebook.

Lance was 3 wide even when the rulebook said 4.

You do NOT have to change a thing in your army(maybe M@A or grail reliquae if you ran them for wide)

REPEAT. BRETONNIAN LANCE FORMATION STAYS AT 3 WIDE FOR A RANK!!!

Trinary
05-10-2006, 02:24
army books trump the rulebook.
You do NOT have to change a thing in your army(maybe M@A or grail reliquae if you ran them for wide)

True you do not have to change your knight units, though it means if you reform after the charge you need 10 knights to have a rank bonus.

As well, the Sacrament of the Lady is damn well useless (unless there are a lot of enemy stay in play spells on the table).

And of course your magic reliant tactics have to change...

All in all I like the changes, though the lazy part of me was hoping not to have to change as much (which is less than most) of my list.

sephiroth87
05-10-2006, 16:14
1. What they said... Brets only have to be 3 wide.

2. This is stupidly powerful in 7th edition, especially with multiple charges.

3. I have been gleefully playing and abusing the Bretonnians since 7th edition came out.

4. The first spell of life lore is excellent now, especially since you will get it off almost every time, even with level 1 mages.