PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Orc and Goblin Army

onlainari
05-10-2006, 02:51
2250 Orc and Goblin Army

Lord and General
Black Orc Warboss - Heavy Armour; Shield; Warboss Umm's Best Boss 'At (5++); Bigged's Kickin' Boots (+1A) 214
Wyvern 200

Heroes
Black Orc Big Boss - Heavy Armour; Shield; The Horn of Urgok (+1ld to all friendly units, -1ld to all enemy units, Power Level 5) 131
Orc Boy Big 'Uns
Savage Orc Big Boss - Additional Choppa; Warboss Imbad's Iron Gnashas (Killing Blow) 109
Savage Orc Boyz
Orc Shaman - Level 2; Dispel Scroll; Nibbla's 'Itty Ring ('Eadbutt, Power Level 3) 145
Goblin Rock Lobber

Core
29 Orc Boy Big 'Uns - Shields; Musician; Standard Bearer; Mork's Spirit-Totem (+1 dispel dice per rank bonus) 355
29 Savage Orc Boyz - Musician; Standard Bearer; Savage Orc Boss 262
5 Goblin Wolf Riders - Spears; Musician 71
5 Goblin Wolf Riders - Spears 65
21 Night Goblins - 2 Fanatics 113

Special
Orc Boar Chariot 80
Goblin Rock Lobber - Orc Bully 75
Goblin Spear Chukka 35
Goblin Spear Chukka 35

Rare
Goblin Doom Diver Catapult 80
Giant 205

Models: 119
Army Total: 2250

Kraal_Lord_Of_Blood
05-10-2006, 16:44
looks quite solid, lacking in speeed but i can see where youre going with dis...

Brother Maynard
05-10-2006, 17:09
I don't have the new book yet, but do Black Orcs Heros/Lords no longer take up an additional hero slot? If they do, you might have to drop one of the Blorcs for a regular Orc.

Karhedron
05-10-2006, 20:44
That looks like a very solid list to me. Personally I would drop the Savage Orc BB for another shaman but that is only because I like a bit more punch in the magic phase. Seriously, that looks like a very balanced and competative list.

foresttim
06-10-2006, 06:35
Black orc Lords no longer take up that extra slot so you're good to go.

onlainari
15-10-2006, 04:57
I played against a highly experienced wood elf general (using 2 treemen). I lost by a lot.

I never got the horn off. My opponent used 2 of his 3 dispel dice every turn for it. Yes that meant I got my other spells off, but they were 'eadbutt and gaze of mork, which don't do a lot of damage.

So I'm dropping the horn and the shaman. I'll take a night gobbo scroll caddy instead.

Totem was awesome, I still think I need that, even though it costs so much.

Guy on the wyvern was awesome, I need that.

My big units died horribly to breaking in combat. I see that large squads are pointless now. I used to never get my orcs into combat, just let them soak up fire. Now they get into combat, I need less in each unit, and more units.

Giant lost horribly to a treeman, but that was due to good luck on the treeman's half. I still want to include the giant for balance.

So here are the changes:

2250 Orc and Goblin Army

Lord and General

Orc Warboss - Light Armour; Enchanted Shield; Martog's Best Basha (+1WS, +1S, +1I); Warboss Umm's Best Boss 'At (5++); Bigged's Kickin' Boots (+1A) 213
Wyvern 200

Heroes

Black Orc Big Boss - Heavy Armour; Shield; Boar; Warboss Imbad's Iron Gnashas (killing blow) 137
Orc Boyz

Night Goblin Big Boss - Battle Standard Bearer; Mork's Spirit-Totem (+1 dispel dice per rank bonus) 105
Orc Boyz

Night Goblin Shaman - Level 1; 2 Dispel Scrolls 100
Goblin Rock Lobber

Core

21 Orc Boyz - Shields; Musician; Standard Bearer; Orc Boss 156
21 Orc Boyz - Shields; Musician; Standard Bearer; Orc Boss 156
21 Savage Orc Boyz - Savage Orc Boss 183
5 Goblin Wolf Riders - Spears 65
5 Forest Goblin Spider Riders - Musician 71
21 Night Goblins - Musician; 3 Fanatics 142

Special

Orc Boar Chariot 80
Goblin Rock Lobber 70
Goblin Spear Chukka 35
Goblin Spear Chukka 35

Rare

Goblin Doom Diver Catapult 80
Giant 205

Models: 134
Army Total: 2250

Karhedron
15-10-2006, 21:37
Just a thought. Try replacing the Kickin boots with Iron Gnashas. I have found killing blow to be very useful on a number of occasions, probably more so than an extra attack. Even if you don't end up killing characters, you get the opportunity to bypass armour saves.