PDA

View Full Version : Pursuing with Mounted Chars in infantry

Peegore
05-10-2006, 08:39
Just a quickie. A unit of infantry with a mounted character wins a combat. Ideally I would like to have the infantry pass a Ld check to stay and have him pursue by himself. But...

Reading the rules, he cannot pursue and leave the unit of infantry he was with behind ( P74 'cant leave unit.. until after pursuit has been resolved ) unless I've missed something somewhere else!

But, can he use his 3d6" pursuit while the unit uses it's 2d6 pursuit, giving a better chance of catching fleeing enemy unit?

I imagine that he may have to abide by the unit pursuit dice roll, but can't find anything to say that this is the case...

Cheers in advance for any suggestions.

Avian
05-10-2006, 08:53
One unit can not make two separate pursuit rolls. Obviously my Tyrant in his Irongut unit would love to be able to roll a separate roll for pursuit, thus giving me two goes at running down an enemy unit, but that is not so.

Peegore
05-10-2006, 08:59
Yeah, as I thought. Oh well, Cheers anyway.

Griefbringer
05-10-2006, 09:02
So if you want the character to be able to pursue independently, you should not put him into the bigger unit but instead have him operate as a unit of his own.