PDA

View Full Version : Heinrich Kemmler and Krell

Hate Train
05-10-2006, 13:15
Special Characters thread. What to take with these two if you were going to run them in 2000 points?

And, how viable would it be to run Kemmler as an individual model, sandwhiched between two blocks of zombies?

ZomboCom
05-10-2006, 14:03
Anyone with magical shooting will kill him on turn one.

greymeister
05-10-2006, 16:20
I don't really see that happening very often but it would be theoretically possible with wood elves. I don't like Kemmler now that you can only use your own dice pool. Before he was awesome, being able to use 12 spell dice in a 2k point game and using them ALL for summoning :D

I've never used Krell though, to me he seems just like an overpriced wight lord.

ZomboCom
05-10-2006, 16:56
I don't really see that happening very often but it would be theoretically possible with wood elves. I don't like Kemmler now that you can only use your own dice pool. Before he was awesome, being able to use 12 spell dice in a 2k point game and using them ALL for summoning :D

I've never used Krell though, to me he seems just like an overpriced wight lord.

All skaven shooting is magical, any magic missile, any magic missile weapon etc.

There's a lot more than you might think.

greymeister
05-10-2006, 18:37
But how exactly are the skaven going to shoot the vampire on the first turn?

I know how the Wood Elves can ;)

vampires are cool!
05-10-2006, 18:48
kemmler and krell are some of the best fighters in warhammer history! well, maybe their not, but they sure as hell are cool. when i use them i stick krell in a unit of twenty grave guard, kemmler in a unit of 40 zombies and then just consentrate on infanty after that - maybe some spirit hosts and banshees, but no more than that.
i dislike using other necromancers in the army because kemmler has always been a very inderpendant man, prefering to work alown, relying on his own power and subterfuge [and i cant see krell putting up with anyone really]. his pact with krell was never intended [by him at any rate] to have any real strength to it and he only put up with krell because he was a hard bastard. i cant think of the two as friends now, more like mortarion and zar [balders gate]. naturaly my army suffers from only having wraths and wights because of my own perseved fluff about the characters, but its all fun at the end of the day

ZomboCom
05-10-2006, 19:01
But how exactly are the skaven going to shoot the vampire on the first turn?

I know how the Wood Elves can ;)

Because he was talking about leaving him out of the unit. Jezzails have a 36" range and I believe they're magical.

Not to mention skitterleaping assassins.

Oh, and by the way, Kemmler is not a vampire.

greymeister
06-10-2006, 03:34
Because he was talking about leaving him out of the unit. Jezzails have a 36" range and I believe they're magical.

Not to mention skitterleaping assassins.

Oh, and by the way, Kemmler is not a vampire.

OMG FOR REAL?!?!?!!? :P

Obvious mistype. And if your read the first post, he didn't say he was going to stick Kemmler out front, he said he was going to put him "sandwhiched between two blocks of zombies" which means you'd still need LOS which you wouldn't have. :D

Hate Train
06-10-2006, 04:21
I was thinking of starting the game with Kemmler in a unit of zombies, there's enough room between that unit and the next unit of zombies just for Kemmler's base to fit. First turn march and use Kemmler to cast spells like Gaze of Nagash and Curse of Years on your enemies. The turn before combat he jumps out of the units and stands in between them, leaving him out of combat and free to raise into the units, as well as raze behind the units. Only a single model would be able to charge him, and it's unlikely that anybody would have a single model on foot to get at him.

Your thoughts?

Edit: And, by the way, the Cloak of Mist and Shadows says that the model effected cannot attack in close combat against physical units. If Kemmler casts Hand of Dust on himself (giving him a magical attack) can he attack against the units?

ZomboCom
06-10-2006, 11:18
I was thinking of starting the game with Kemmler in a unit of zombies, there's enough room between that unit and the next unit of zombies just for Kemmler's base to fit. First turn march and use Kemmler to cast spells like Gaze of Nagash and Curse of Years on your enemies. The turn before combat he jumps out of the units and stands in between them, leaving him out of combat and free to raise into the units, as well as raze behind the units. Only a single model would be able to charge him, and it's unlikely that anybody would have a single model on foot to get at him.

Your thoughts?

Beware of characters charging out of units.

Overall I think you're much better off putting him in a unit.

Edit: And, by the way, the Cloak of Mist and Shadows says that the model effected cannot attack in close combat against physical units. If Kemmler casts Hand of Dust on himself (giving him a magical attack) can he attack against the units?

No, he can't. He cannot attack at all, by any means (unless against other ethereals iirc).