PDA

View Full Version : [AI] Scenarios, Campaigns, & Integration w/ other Games

orangesm
05-10-2006, 16:35
I know it is easy to make comparisons and score points in a debate about little plastic toys by comparing them to real life events, but unless you want this thread, or specifically your comments, removed to P&R, then stop.
Alright so since discussion of historical examples is not premitted in the Rumors area in regards to Aeronautica Imperialis. This thread is for discussion of Scenarios, Campaigns, and Integration of AI with E:A and 40k, be it directly or as linked Scenarios. The mark of a good wargame is the ability to actually wargame historical and future scenarios. Militaries around the world wargame to determine possible future results of a conflict. So it is valid to discuss the past & present examples for building our own.

Right now there are a few of us working on a linked Scenario of AI & 40k and also may see development of a map campaign with AI, E:A, & 40k (probably Kill Team).

To keep general discussion of AI & Airpower in another thread click here (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=990583#post990583).

orangesm
07-10-2006, 15:43
An attempt to get discussion going on this thread.

At present "there will be bombing missions, intercept sorties, troop insertions and extractions, strike missions, as well as pure air-to-air, fighter-vrs-fighter combat."

Do you think the online community support should be focused on linked games, story & tree campaigns, and eventually a good set of map campaign rules?

As of right now theere are a few of us who are going to develop and test a historical scenario where Imperial forces attack a Chaos Listening Post before a major offensive. It starts with AI troop insertation followed by the remaining forces on both side fighting to control the Listening Post.

mark_logue
08-10-2006, 12:51
I would love to see some really well presented linked campaigns produced by the internet community that integrate IA, E:A, BFG, 40K, Kill Team and Inquisitor (in 40K scale for me though). I would be definitely willing to help out with development, play testing etc. I have something in my mind like IA3, would love to see similar things being produced for a range of armies.

Hoping such things will encourage more players to make armies across multiple scales EA/IA, BFG and 40K as E:A and BFG are my favourite games.

ArtificerArmour
08-10-2006, 12:55
I'm interested if there's going to be any space battles and if it makes any difference to the scenario being played.

Death star run, anyone? Strafing turret etc

Loads of potential.

orangesm
08-10-2006, 15:17
Mark got a question for you - what armies would you want to see in a linked campaign?

We talked about space battles, exactly that kind of thing. I think there are definite possibilites for space battles or atleast canyon runs.

CELS
10-10-2006, 01:19
I'd be interested in helping with this. The integrated campaign systems by GW always seem a bit half-assed (although I must say I haven't seen the system in Imperial Armour 3 yet), and I've been thinking long and hard about how I could make one myself. It would be great if I could cooperate with someone, or if nothing else, steal your ideas :D

orangesm
10-10-2006, 12:24
AI 3 is a story campaign that integrates a wide range of GW games. I was thinking a regional map campaign that integrate the two.

Izza
10-10-2006, 20:07
I think a cool idea would be to recreate the expoits of 617 squadron

Dambusters!

And if your bombers manage to break the dam, then in the next ground game (40k) everyone takes a perlimenary bombardment (to repersent the flood comping thru) and everyone moves as in difficult terrain (the whole board is flooded, except amphibious vehicles etc).
Or even have the flood coming down mid game. Everyone got to get to high ground! :D

mark_logue
13-10-2006, 15:12
Mark got a question for you - what armies would you want to see in a linked campaign?

I am really interested in the idea of campaigns that are able to encompas any armies that people may own but I think this is a more difficult thing to do. For something that I would be most interested in gaming with at the moment would be an imperial vs eldar campaign as my regular opponent has Eldar in EPIC, BFG (though not 40K) and I have marines and IG in all scales.