PDA

View Full Version : Beasts of Chaos

jesters89
28-06-2005, 18:22
This may be somewhere in the depths of this section of the forum, but forgive me for not having the fortitude to weather two billion posts.

I was curious as to if anyone had any insight into future beasts of chaos releases. My a girlfriend really wants to finish up her BoC army, but really hates the beastigor models (rightfully so in my opinion). The models look wussier than their Gor counterparts despite being the more "elite" of the two. Anyways, anyone know anything about future releases?
Thanks

Agnostos
28-06-2005, 18:26
dont think there coming in the nearest future. but they should not be to har to conveti think. just youse the plastic

Avian
28-06-2005, 18:27
Apparently there isn't much happening for Chaos in the near future, so I wouldn't hold my breath. Eventually they'll get a batallion box (or two, one for Hordes and one for Beasts), though not anytime soon, I'm afraid.

m1s1n
28-06-2005, 18:27
There will most likely be nothing new for the BoC due to their recent release. It really was only a little over a year ago that they were released. I would expect more models for 7th--which is rumored to be out for next year.

Sgt John Keel
28-06-2005, 18:30
There will most likely be nothing new for the BoC due to their recent release. It really was only a little over a year ago that they were released. I would expect more models for 7th--which is rumored to be out for next year.

Two years, to be more precise. Late summer 2003 I believe.

/Adrian

Cigaro
28-06-2005, 18:57
Bestigor would be a simple Gor conversion anyway. Just use a hand axe, Ungor Spear shaft and some Green Stuff.

Vogon
28-06-2005, 19:07
There were persistent rumours of Slaangors and Tzaangors at one point but they seem to have dried up and nothing seems to have materialised from them.

I'd guess what there is on the shelves now will remain there for a good long time yet.

Vogon

Griefbringer
28-06-2005, 21:07
I would not really expect any new Beastmen releases in near future - the current models were released in summer-autumn 2003.

If you are not happy with them, you could either do some conversion, look for older GW models (available from their mail order) or for some non-GW models to fit the bill.

Odin
28-06-2005, 22:17
GW really ballsed things up with the Beasts of Chaos range. All they really needed to do was make new Bestigors, which could have been painted to represent god-specific models. Instead they made some half-way decent Pestigors and some god-awful Khorngors, and left Undivided, Tzeentch and Slaanesh players stuffed. I was going to get a Beasts army, but when I realises there were'nt going to be new Bestigors I didn't bother. Lots of other people didn't bother either. Every other army released this edition, but BoC had one of their core choices missing (the old models really don't count - they're no use).

Sadly, I don't think they'll be getting anything new. Ever. In about 6 years time GW will say "I wonder why Beasts of Chaos don't sell very well?" and they'll phase them out, leaving a couple of units as auxilliaries in a new Hordes book. And they'll never once realise that it was because they missed out an essential troop type (and a Rare choice - Dragon Ogres), and released crap models for most of the special choices.

neXus6
28-06-2005, 22:47
For harder looking Bestigor I'ld say converting. Seeing as they are unlikelt to get decent looking ones anytime soon.
The old chaos warriors, armed with halberds, with a head swap for gor head. I dunno if it would look any good, but seems like they would make pretty good "elite heavy armoured beast infantry."

Tastyfish
30-06-2005, 11:16
I've used gors, with the foerender head and marauder flail arms and some spare plates from marauders and kroot. The size of the weapon and the way they hold it making them more compact makes them look a fair bit larger and thougher than the normal ones.

Plaguebeast
01-07-2005, 06:08
Alas, this is what happens when you are the ugly little brother of the Chaos range. They are a difficult army to use, and combined with below average models, they aren't going to appeal to too many new players. In saying that though, the crappy models have forced people into making some pretty cool conversions - including combining Ogre Bulls with the lower half of the Dragon Ogre models or the Krootox in order to make more fearsome Dragon Ogres, Kroot being used as Tzaangors and OK Bulls being converted into Chaos Ogres or even Minotaurs, just to name a few.

Plaguebeast

Sylass
01-07-2005, 07:29
I agree with most of what was said already about the lack of proper BoC miniatures. That was one of the reasons why I based my BoC army on Beastherds and Hounds (http://photobucket.com/albums/v107/Sylass/Warhammer/My%20Armies/Beasts%20of%20Chaos/?action=view&current=chaoshounds_04.jpg)mostly.

I converted a unit of Centigors (http://photobucket.com/albums/v107/Sylass/Warhammer/My%20Conversions/Centigors/) (proper ones, with hooves ;)), Centigor Knights (http://photobucket.com/albums/v107/Sylass/Warhammer/My%20Conversions/Centigors/Centigor%20Knights/) (used as 6 non-Chosen, undivided Chaos Knights), chariots (based on the Orc plastic chariot, pulled by Tuskgors or Chaoshounds (http://photobucket.com/albums/v107/Sylass/Warhammer/My%20Armies/Beasts%20of%20Chaos/?action=view&current=Warhound_chariot_01.jpg)), a Centigor Lord (http://photobucket.com/albums/v107/Sylass/Warhammer/My%20Conversions/Centigor%20Lord/) (used as a Giant or Shaggoth) and started working on the first rank of a Bestigor (http://photobucket.com/albums/v107/Sylass/Warhammer/My%20Conversions/Bestigors/) unit (still not finished yet).

All in all the army is prelty much done and looks like what I had in mind when starting the project (lots of herds & hounds...can you say ambush? ;)). Not sure if I'll ever finish the Bestigor unit...seeing that I'drarely use them anyway.

I guess it's better to start focussing on the next army...

Math Mathonwy
01-07-2005, 08:11
Also a thing worth noting is that since the Herd box is slanted towards Gors while an optimal herd probably should have a more even distribution or even more Ungors than Gors, that leaves you with extra Gors to convert into Bestigors. Marauder shoulder plates are good for Beastmen, btw.

Tastyfish
01-07-2005, 13:37
Why can't whoever did the mordheim minotaur do a unit of them, its perfect but so damn difficult to convert into several seperate models.

Might steal some of those conversion ideas though, though think the next project is to get iron guts into chaos warriors. BoC chaos ogres...*shudder*. What is that body for the knights from?

Thinking of using a modified scrap launcher chasis as a chariot and yetees as ice troll for winter themed BoC force.

Wimvh
01-07-2005, 21:03
And they'll never once realise that it was because they missed out an essential troop type (and a Rare choice - Dragon Ogres), and released crap models for most of the special choices.

Well I get your point on the Dragon Ogres, but the Shaggoth is waaay cool! On a related note the sculptor who did the Chaos Ogres ought to be shot right now! Those are Nagash level IMHO!

Apparently they started out not even planning to do Pestigor and Khornegor, but did they because an opportunity showed up in their production planning.

Anyways, I hope that the sets they will bring out for the Chaos Warriors will go some way in making easy conversions for Tzeengor, Slaangor and Bestigors...