PDA

View Full Version : Tzeench Mortals 2k

Azazel
06-10-2006, 00:26
Yo! I've been spanked by a couple of beardy armies down my local reciently. So this is my attempt at a 'beardy' army with the models I have painted at the moment.

CHAOS TZEENCH WARHOST

LORD

1 x Daemon Prince (GENERAL)
Blade of the Ether, Master of Sorcery, Diabolic Splendour,
Master of Mortals, Mark of Tzeench.

HEROS

1 x Aspiring Champion of Chaos (ARMY STANDARD BEARER)
Banner of Wrath, Mark of Tzeench.

1 x Exalted Champion of Chaos
Sheild, Mark of Tzeench.

CORE

15 x Warriors of Chaos (FULL COMMAND)
Sheilds, Blasted Standard, Mark of Tzeench.

Sheilds, Mark of Tzeench.

Additional Hand Weapons, Mark of Tzeench.

SPECIAL

46 x Beastherd (23 Gor, 23 Ungor) (Split into 2 units)
Additional Hand Weapons.

TOTAL

DISPEL - 6
CAST - 13

Is this list 'beardy'?

Shaitan
06-10-2006, 08:14
It probably is.

But what are you going to do with your 2 Champions of Tzeentch? Both in the unit Warriors of Tzeentch?

Since the other two units have the MoCU they can't join those units. And they can't join the Beast Herds because the beasts are raiders.

I would give the Beast Herds both a musician and champion. And I would give at least one other Warrior unit the Mark of Tzeentch. Oh, and shields for all your warrior units.

Jedi152
06-10-2006, 08:40
I would call it beardy. In fact it's pretty background heavy - it's just the thing a Tzeentch cult would do, summon a daemon prince.

I've penned out a very similar Tzeentch mortal army myself.

Azazel
06-10-2006, 09:49
Whups, those Marks of Chaos Undivided are a typo. I'll fix that now.

I had an idea how to make it even worse. Ditch the two units of Beasts, and take:

4 x Screamers of Tzeench

8 x Chaos Furies

Sound better?

DirtJumper
06-10-2006, 19:47
Not a legal list. Your General is Daemonic, so beasts and Mortals are Special. As it stands you have a whole 0 Core choices ;) Other than that, the list doesen't seem that bad, I woulden't call it beardy at all, in fact it's pretty close to a balanced yet competitive list. (the 400+ pts DP aside. :D) To make it legal, I would suggest droping the DP and adding a Lord with the Staff of Change.

Lyquis
06-10-2006, 20:32
The demon has master of mortals. That means that mortals are core.

Ironclad
08-10-2006, 01:20
What i don't understand is why the daemon price is that price. A daemon prince of tzeentch is 440pts basic. whats up with that?!?!:confused:

DirtJumper
08-10-2006, 15:13
Oops, my bad. :angel: , And yeah, i see your point on the DP... That definatly isen't right.