PDA

View Full Version : 1000pts Wood Elves MSU approach

arkle
06-10-2006, 12:29
The main plan behind the army is the use of multiple small units strategy. However I have one or two concerns with the force:

Spellsinger with Extra Level
8 Dryads
8 Dryads
8 Dryads
10 Glade Guard
10 Glade Guard
5 Scouts
6 Glade Riders with Musician
6 Wardancers
Total 999

My two concerns are the spellsinger and the Wardancers. Would a spellsinger be better with Calaingor's Stave as well as an extra level, alternatively what is a good character set up at 1000pts be in noble or spellsinger? Secondly is a unit of only 6 Wardancers to small to be effective?

All help appreciated thanks

MascisMan
06-10-2006, 14:14
personally I think magic is almost a non-factor at 1000 points so I would probably vote for the Noble instead of the Spellsinger and just rely on your two dispel dice.

If you were really bent on having magic or magic defense you could do a branchwraith and have something fighty and with great magic defense (for 1000 points; 4 dispel dice).

Give the wraith Murder of Spites and Cluster of Radiants and the Lvl 1 upgrade. 165 points.

If you didnt care about casting spells, you just want more magic defense you could do the same wraith with the same spites but without the lvl 1 upgrade. 115 points

A Mounted Noble with Hail of Doom, Helm of the Hunt, light armor, shield, and spear would be nice too. Put him with the Glade Riders. 131 points.

I would probably take on of the above two for my general.

god octo
06-10-2006, 16:47
i vote for the branchwraithe as well- she is a capable fighter, but also magical and at 1000 points, there is little chance for magic. If you want to upgrade her or the wardancers, i would get rid of one glade rider and the units musician, as in 7th ed fast cav auto rally after fleeing a charge.

Zeke1973
06-10-2006, 17:37
If you want to upgrade her or the wardancers, i would get rid of one glade rider and the units musician, as in 7th ed fast cav auto rally after fleeing a charge.

Fast cav auto rally? Where in the 7th edition rulebook do you find this? Page 70 says nothing like that.

god octo
06-10-2006, 19:23
opps, i dont have the rulel book and i thought it made it into the current one

Von Wibble
07-10-2006, 21:45
Units of 6 wardancers are fine. With 18 WS5 S4 attacks on charge (depending on dance) they still murder plenty as long as they aren't hit by a magic missile.

popisdead
16-10-2006, 01:14
Drop one unit of Dryads so you can take a full 8 wardancers with full command. Then a CC hero. Also musicians will help your GR.

Spellsinger with Extra Level
8 Dryads
8 Dryads
8 Dryads
10 Glade Guard
10 Glade Guard
5 Scouts
6 Glade Riders with Musician
6 Wardancers
Total 999