PDA

View Full Version : WBBL - General discussion

Yorkiebar
07-10-2006, 09:00
This is the new thread for discussion of matches, teams, skills and anything else related to the WBBL on FUMBBL. No rules other than 1) stay on topic and 2) the standard WarSeer rules.

If you do not know what we are talking about, go here (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51869). If you're interested in joining or have questions, PM me or talk to me on MSN.

Yorkiebar
07-10-2006, 09:55
Okay, first discussion topic: What do you think of the new WBBL format? I know many of you didn't get to take part in deciding what it should have been, but, well, you should've got to the meeting. If you have issues or comments, post them here. If you want to propose a change or addition, go to the Proposals thread.

Keravin
07-10-2006, 10:56
I'd have gotten to the meeting if you'd announced the time a decent time ahead, but as it wasn't there by 5pm yesterday I didn't know.

Honestly the new format looks very over complicated and doesn't seem to deal with the problems we've had so far.

Two weeks per match means that potentially the tournaments could stretch on for eons and people who might join for a quickfire tourney will be put off.

As for the enforced use of MSN why? Are people in capable of using the fumbbl irc - which if you encourage use of then they might get more involved with fumbbl as a whole rather than just the Warseer league, which may well have the added bonus of getting people more around which addresses the people not being around issue.

Let's be honest all I want from the WBBL is a nice place to play some good coaches.

Ravening Wh0re
07-10-2006, 12:17
As for the enforced use of MSN why? Are people in capable of using the fumbbl irc - which if you encourage use of then they might get more involved with fumbbl as a whole rather than just the Warseer league, which may well have the added bonus of getting people more around which addresses the people not being around issue.

Let's be honest all I want from the WBBL is a nice place to play some good coaches.

I'm all for MSN. It fosters better relations within the league.
Also, IRC never indicates thats I've received a message of sorts. So when I check on it, someone could have sent a msg to me half an hour ago and he's left in a huff because I've ignored him.
MSN, on the other hand, gives that awful 'clunk' chime at least.
In other words, I hates IRC.

Let's be honest all I want from the WBBL is to have a laugh with fellow Warseer members all of whom I consider mates. I'm not super competitive, and don't really expect to play many others to improve my skill.

Keravin
07-10-2006, 12:40
However not all of us use MSN just for chatting to our mates, whilst if you're in IRC then you are available to actually play.

Gres
07-10-2006, 15:03
I think one ammendment is that the time limit should be from the time the final match in the previous round is played (Unless there is a time extension granted for a match) and that as long as teams are able to play their matches they are free to do so (IE played all their previous matches). The time limit should also be up for discussion - is 14 days too long and would 10 be a better number to stop it dragging out.

On another point - if we have the open group as I have suggested in the other thread then we might have to implement TR caps on the 1st division to stop people creating monster teams in the open group and smashing their way through the league, perhaps a cap at TR175 for the start of eash 1st division season (To represent lost sponsorship etc for the religated people)?

Riddy
07-10-2006, 19:29
Hey guys, sorry i missed the meet, i cant see the proposals anywhere, but i'm steemin, so maybe i just missed them, what are the rules on leagues gonna be, time limits and who's playing who. If there is a thread could someone direct me to it please.

Edit - Ignore me, i'm a retard

tenpole
07-10-2006, 19:48
As discussed in the meeting one team only. So you need to sort out which team you are going to keep. Some of you have multiple teams still.

Teams for WarseerBBL must only ever play other warseerBBL teams. So if you ditch the team and play elsewhere it cant come back.

MSN is good for me. Its not like every time someone from warseer logs on I am going to challenge them to a game. Matches are set by Yorkiebar so you only need to contact the coach you are playing, although any of you are free to chat to me anytime.

Yorkiebar
10-10-2006, 12:42
I've responded to the 'newbie league' posts in the proposals thread.

To make another point about the 'one team' thing clear; Your team is there to have a long term advancement and place in the league, therefore you are highly encouraged NOT to replace your team if it does badly or if you are unhappy with it, but to stick with it.

We need a design for a WarSeer cup.

Keravin
10-10-2006, 13:15
What about the problem with this time limit?

Yorkiebar
10-10-2006, 15:45
I want to look at the number of teams first. Ideally we want the time limit to allow eight tournaments per year, or one every six weeks or so. Once I have a number of teams I can adjust the match limit accordingly.

Jet
10-10-2006, 18:40
Ok I still do not have internet unfortunately, but it seriously ought to arrive within the next 4 days.

If we are allowed only one team in then ASAP I'll take out my current and enter a new necro team for fun. My free time anyway will be much more limited from now on, but I'd still like to help out running the league if such is possible when I'm back online.

tenpole
11-10-2006, 09:14
Can you get a time limit to get the teams sorted. If they have not come back to you those with multiple teams, and the members with single teams who still have not made contaqct then end them. They can always rejoin later.

Keravin
11-10-2006, 12:01
I haven't replied to Yorkie as one of those with multiple teams until I knew what we were doing about the newer teams as I will keep my dwarves in the premiership, but still figuring where the undead could go.

Yorkiebar
11-10-2006, 12:18
Like I said, one team each in the two main divisions and one in the newbie league. HOWEVER, your newbie league team is there to play against league newcomers, NOT other experienced player's newbie teams.

Keravin
11-10-2006, 15:48
Given that then - why do we not rather than have a newbie league set up an academy thread on here? I'm happy to help teach people.

Autobot HQ
11-10-2006, 16:15
But you're a lame coach!

... joking lol :p

bert n ernie
13-10-2006, 02:50
I'm hoping this isn't off topic but...
I'm wish to join, but I don't really want to have to download both IRC and MSN, as I don't have either currently. Which do I really need, and where can I download it?
I've read the three WBBL threads, but am still unsure.

Yorkiebar
13-10-2006, 04:46
You only need MSN for the WarSeer league, but the IRC is very useful if you want to play games against anyone else.

tenpole
13-10-2006, 08:29
Maybe you want all of us to download AIM or yahoo messanger to accommodate you.

You dont need to use MSN all the time, just around the time you are intending to play so you both know you are on line. You could arange games by email, pm.

Keravin
13-10-2006, 13:30
But as said you will have problems playing in Fumbbl in general if you don't have IRC as the games are usually sorted on there.

Marnus
13-10-2006, 16:20
Hi Guys!!!!!!!!! Miss me??
Im back from the eternal beonde however onlyspiritually as i have to use the college library computer and i cant download stuff. But I will help in any shap or form. Iv found a sort of store that runs bloodbowl so im gona get a few here to join both warseer and fumbbl plus they are part of a big irish game comunity so we might be able to advertise internationally. They have a web page however they are only current so dont expect to much.

www.flatearthsoc.com (http://www.flatearthsoc.com)

Now what can I do to help??

Riddy
15-10-2006, 23:34
I'm confused, you have already started and are all talking about how 'Important communication is' yet i PMed yorkiebar and have heard nothing since, no "Hey the league is set up" no "go here to join the league"

Meh, maybe next time

Autobot HQ
15-10-2006, 23:44
Sorry you're getting bad responses from yorkie, PM me (Autobot HQ) or give me a IRC/MSN addy and I'll be happy to go through everything with you

Yorkiebar
16-10-2006, 01:16
I'm confused, you have already started and are all talking about how 'Important communication is' yet i PMed yorkiebar and have heard nothing since, no "Hey the league is set up" no "go here to join the league"

Meh, maybe next timeArgh! :( My utter apologies. I honestly thought I had already replied to you. Don't worry, though, the league has not yet been fully set up and won't be for another week or so, so there's plenty of time to get everything set up and started. Please follow the steps in the Announcements thread. Any problems or queries whatsoever, drop me a PM or IM me (I've added you to my contacts).

EDIT: Update: I will start inviting teams into the various divisions tomorrow (well, today now). At the moment only 10 people have given me details, but 5/5 is actually a nice split for tournament length.

I also spoke to nick, he was positive about giving us a special 'cupholder' title each season. Once he actually confirms it that'll be a nice incentive for more people to join in.

Keravin
16-10-2006, 13:01
The changes to the number of teams will help as it means we can have more newbie unranked teams to teach the new players (for those of us who used to have 15 teams in unranked already).

tenpole
17-10-2006, 18:14
There are still multiple teams in the league.

Yorkiebar
17-10-2006, 18:35
Will all be ready tomorrow morn, I promise.

Gres
20-10-2006, 15:42
Hey, new forum for the WBBL, excellent!

How many players are signed up now as I can only see the division I am in, do we need more?

Yorkiebar
20-10-2006, 15:45
We have 4 in each division. More would be good (sig links to the new forum to advertise, please, everyone!) but as we are we can still start the tournament on the 30th as planned.

EDIT: Also good for advertising, tell people they have the chance to win a special 'cupholder' title. Nick has now approved this.

EDIT EDIT: Awww! I don't have mod powers for the new forum. Ah well, never mind. It's not as if we need any stickies making when we have only 3 threads.

Keravin
20-10-2006, 17:04
Could we have links to the groups posted so those of us in one can keep an eye/possibly spectate on other matches in different groups?

Yorkiebar
20-10-2006, 17:08
They're already available in the announcement thread, first post.

tenpole
20-10-2006, 18:58
hey I cant see the premiere league only my own division. Maybe we can have a link to see the other division.

Yorkiebar
20-10-2006, 19:25
Fixed, I hope.

tenpole
21-10-2006, 07:31
Nope still only see a table with my team and three others. All new virgin fresh teams as well.

Yorkiebar
21-10-2006, 13:30
Hmm. Post a screenie. I'm afraid I can't do anytihng about it 'til Friday now, going on holiday for the week. Any queries, send them to A-HQ (FUMBBL username Iscariot), the league should start on the 30th as scheduled. Bye!

Fredox
30-10-2006, 13:32
It's the 30th can we start? Pretty please with a cherry on top.

Edit. Sorry bit excited

Edit 2 (rather than double post) Just played my first game. I played Iscariots Chaos Dwarfs and had a great time. He was very helpful and helped a relative Fumbble newbie with a few setup problems I had. I was supprised that I didn't come away from it worse than I did both in casualties and the score. A few of the highlights for me were 2 handoffs where the receiver dropped the ball and it scattered back to the person passing it who promptly caught it, a 'fling dodging into a square with 2 or 3 (can't remember exactly) zones on it to pick the ball up and dodge out the ouher side unscathed and a ref that was blind as a bat and only spotted one foul all game. Hope the rest of you have as much fun as I did in your games.

Autobot HQ
31-10-2006, 08:06
That damn ref was bribed. With sticky bun pies. Lots of sticky pies. He must of missed at least 6 consectutive fouls, and in the Chaos Dwarves first game they walked away with a NEGATIVE casulty record, but a win none the less.

A brilliant game that was well fought on both sides, with myself only just preventing it becoming a draw. The halflings refused to die like they were suppose to, and even cripped a Chaos Dwarf (now referred to as 'the cripple' lol). No skills, but a medic to hopefully avoid 70k cripples next time!

Isc

Yorkiebar
01-11-2006, 12:53
Keravin, I'm waiting for a response from you... and tenploe has heard nothing from Riddy yet.

Keravin
01-11-2006, 13:20
I was travelling all day yesterday which is why I haven't responded.

Yorkiebar
01-11-2006, 15:50
I was travelling all day yesterday which is why I haven't responded.No problem mate. Just drop me a FUMBBL PM with the time.

Keravin
01-11-2006, 16:02
Might be tomorrow night, but work's so mad I can't say for sure yet.

Riddy
01-11-2006, 18:58
Spoke to Tenpole, should hopefully get the game played over the weekend

Jet
05-11-2006, 12:24
Aloha. Sorry for the sudden disappearance but now I should be solidly back, and looking to enter into whatever the next warseer tournament is( I know there is one currently taking place). Look forward to seeing you all on the pitch.

Yorkiebar
05-11-2006, 12:33
Good stuff benny. Just PM me your MSN address and the name of the team you want to use (doesn't have to be new, as long as it's a dedicated WBBL team).

Keravin, I'm free this evening and all day tomorrow. Remember everyone, matches MUST be played by Thursday evening unless you and your opponent contact your league admin with a good reason. And by a good reason I mean like on holiday, swamped by work or dead.

Well done for playing yours, Division 1 teams.

tenpole
05-11-2006, 20:04
Ready for the next round. Come on premmiership no games played!

Gres
05-11-2006, 21:06

A lack of Ravening on here or FUMBBL is making it difficult.

Yorkiebar
05-11-2006, 21:37
Ravening hasn't been on FUMBBL in 11 days. :mad: Well, keep contacting him by various methods, if there's still no response on Thursday evening I'll forfeit it in favour of Gres.

Keravin
05-11-2006, 22:28

One premiership game had been played by the time you posted.

Fredox
08-11-2006, 23:34
This may be a silly question but do both divisions need to progress at the same speed? As long as the division that finnishes all this seasons games waits for the other division before starting the next season I don't think there would be mutch of a problem. Can anyone think of a reason why this couldn't be done?

Yorkiebar
09-11-2006, 07:42
I don't really mind how fast you play, it's how slow you play that concerns me. Still, all but one of the first round matches has been played on time and second round matches must be played before the 20th November.

Ravening Wh0re
09-11-2006, 09:44
HIya. HDD drive failure means I've not been able to play lately, which is poo for me. Still, I'm going to head to a mates flate and borrow her laptop and see if I can get it working for tonight.
If, however, I'm not able to make it, then forfeit me (or remove me) from the tourney. Cheers.

Gres
09-11-2006, 19:19
The Athletico Middenheim - WarSeers game is provisionally scheduled for the evening of Thursday 16th if people are in to watching (Ooo-errr Missis!).

Fredox
13-11-2006, 09:16
Time to crack on with round 2. Riddy check your FUMBBL mail. Hope this round is as fun as the last one.

tenpole
14-11-2006, 19:24
Myself and Iscariot alis Autobot may be playing Sunday 19th november. Will let you know if we get a specific time so you can watch the game. Will post as a new thread if we do ok.

Keravin
14-11-2006, 19:41
Has anyone heard anything from Ravening? He's not been around for 5 days on Fumbbl.

Gres
15-11-2006, 13:35
Has anyone heard anything from Ravening? He's not been around for 5 days on Fumbbl.
From his message above I would imagine his computer still isn't fixed.

Skinnydookie
15-11-2006, 15:14
Hi dont know if anyone is still on who would remeber me but I would very much like to re-jouin the warseer league either with fopul peak frenzy or a starting team.

Sorry about not being online for so long I moved a few months ago and was not able to connect till today!!!

Wahtever you decide I will understand.

Keravin
15-11-2006, 16:58
Nooooo the Skaven are back :)

Jet
15-11-2006, 18:42
Nooo skinny rejoining just when I want to. What a dilemma.

Gres
15-11-2006, 21:25
Just when other people had started winning things as well...

Keravin
15-11-2006, 23:08
Yeah the dwarves had started winning games again.

Skinnydookie
16-11-2006, 16:36
Hey, have you guys forgotton how much luck i had when i was winning?

I couldn't possibly have that much luck again if i was let back in again.....could i?

(mind you i have just won three out of four of my regular poker nights!!)

Fredox
16-11-2006, 16:40
The more the better as far as i'm concerned. But I wasn't around last time so aint got a clue what your last team was like.

Keravin
16-11-2006, 20:13
His gutter runners are public enemy numbers 1-3 at least.

Gres
16-11-2006, 23:46
The Warseer - Middenheim game is a 7 touchdown marathon - full report when I have had chance to recover!

Gres
18-11-2006, 15:56
The Premiership matches in round A are now complete (Mainly due to Ravening's computer meltdown) with the Medics on top, but only on TD difference due to an improbable Middenheim comeback.

What's the plan for round B? Are Skinnie's and Jet's established sides going to re-join meaning a 5 or 6 team league (depending on Ravening). If so should we push to expand the 1st div to 6 as well?

Yorkiebar
18-11-2006, 16:01
Hmmm. I'm considering putting skinny and Jet into the Premiership and taking Ravening out, giving them 6 points each (3 draws) as a starting point to make up for missing the first half of the season.

Keravin
18-11-2006, 16:12
I'm happy with that as a solution. Given the high scoring on the first round it should make the second half all the more interesting with the dodgy teams.

tenpole
18-11-2006, 16:55
So Skinny ANd Jet are going into premiership then. There were no new entrys for the first division.

Gres
18-11-2006, 16:59
Depends if they want to enter new teams or not or if we can recruit any new members. Ideally the divisions should be the same size.

Yorkiebar
18-11-2006, 17:13
Exactly Gres. I'm hoping that the TRs of the best teams in Div 1 and the worst teams in Premiership will be similar by the end of the season, so we can relegate/promote to even out the divisions without creating unfair matches.

Jet
18-11-2006, 21:44
I wouldn't mind entering the premier division with Blaaahd (http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=214408) or division 1 with Never Ahand, Always Afoot. (http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=287045)

I'll admit my play is a bit rusty, and that my original Warseer team just got beaten up too much.

Yorkiebar
18-11-2006, 22:11
Jet, Blaaahd isn't an eligible team on account of not being a WarSeer one. Never Ahand, Always Afoot into Division 1 would be great though, especially if skinnydookie's Skaven go into Premiership, keeping things even.

tenpole
18-11-2006, 22:54
Welcome to Division 1 then Jet

Jet
18-11-2006, 23:34
Excellent. Should I take them as a rookie team, or are they allowed a couple of warmup games to bring them up to whatever TR/TS division 1 is operating at?

tenpole
19-11-2006, 00:30
We have all played just one game at the moment. No warm ups. Just virgin blood.

Fredox
19-11-2006, 22:38
Just finnished my match against Riddy. The luck I had with the ref in my first game came back to haunt me as my team underperformed losing 2-0. That takes it to 2 games without scoring. It was my first time playing against a lizardman team and facing that many saurus was difficult. I could have done with another tree or two espcially when both of mine decided to take-root at the same time.

tenpole
20-11-2006, 22:14
Should the information thread be made into a sticky. Look to it Yorkie.

Skinnydookie
22-11-2006, 00:04
Ok I've accepted the invite into the prem (wow! the teams look very scary these days!). So what happens now? I presume a schedule for matches is set up as before?

Yorkiebar
22-11-2006, 07:54
Since we don't want to sit around waiting, I've started the 'away' half (Part B) of the Winter Season for the Premiership. Participants are Me, Skinny, Keravin and Gres. I gave Skinny starting points equal to drawing all three first round matches, because that seemed fair.

I'll do the same for Jet's team joining Division 1 mid-season.

Keravin
22-11-2006, 08:49
Skinny I'm off on a short trip tomorrow so I'll be back on Monday so the skaven and dwarves can have a lovely reunion.

Let's see if the skaven can have their usual effect on my luck :)

Autobot HQ
22-11-2006, 09:37
2 messages sent to riddy within last 2 days, just awaiting a reply to have our game :D

Autobot HQ
23-11-2006, 08:21
Just so everyones up to date, Riddy hasn't been online in 3 days so I'm just waiting on his return to play our game.

Stuart

Riddy
23-11-2006, 16:32
Game should hopefully get played tonite at some point, if not Sunday.

Autobot HQ
24-11-2006, 10:31
Ok, with all the games played and the fact I spend my weekends with my gf I've updated the scores for Div1 Round A, including Bennys three draws. I've also started the Round B tourny, with the deadline for these games being December 3rd.

Matches were randomly drawn, have fun and I'll be online from Sunday evening around 10pm for a game if I end up drawn against you!

Rgds Iscariot / A-HQ

Div 1 Lord & Ruler ... :D

Fredox
24-11-2006, 23:12
If anyone is interested in playing a 'friendly' game give me a shout ( I should have msn on if I'm online). I've checked the info thread and can't see a problem with this but if you guys just want to keep it limited to tournement matches that's fine by me.

Fredox

Gres
26-11-2006, 18:56
Just to let you know I will be unavailable to play until at least Sunday 3rd December. I have already played my opening game of the 'B' season so there shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Fredox
26-11-2006, 23:27
Well guys I've come to a decision - 'flings are rubbish at bloodbowl. If its ok with you I'm going to playout the season and then retire the Cowboys and start fresh with a team that might stand a chance of winning a game or at least not falling over in a stiff breeze. I've played 'flings for a few years now but thier recent performance has me thinking back to the good old days of starting a league with 3 deeproots on my roster and my friends worried to play them. The only way I've won with them is taking out enough of the opposition to allow me to run in or going balistic. In my 4 games I've probably tried 7 or 8 throws and only one has worked anywhere like I wanted.

So unless anyone can talk me out of it or my luck totaly changes the Cowboys have 3 more matches and thier gone.

tenpole
27-11-2006, 00:19
Fredox I NEED your team to bump up my SPP.

In all honesty though I agree. Play out the season and then choose something tougher although you will be playing catch up anyway with TR/TS ratings but with the flings you are not getting any experience anyway. i am having a bad time with skaven and how fragile they are. I have retired two skaven teams this week where their performance just let me down.

The tenpole tudors I will play as long as I can. I worried them dwarfs and lizardmen are going to smash up my team.

Yorkiebar
27-11-2006, 18:51
PM sent to Fredox, but really it's A-HQ's decision, being in Division 1.

On another note, say hello to WarSeer's vicious new Blitzer! (http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=3676917)

Keravin
27-11-2006, 21:29
And it's goodbye to Turlough the most agile and strong dwarf runner ever ever. Killed by a linerat.

Yorkiebar
28-11-2006, 16:44
Are you guys all subscribed to the Information and Announcements thread? Preferably with e-mail notification, the stuff that goes up on there is usually fairly important.

tenpole
28-11-2006, 20:33
Yes but there were no pictures so we skipped it.

Autobot HQ
29-11-2006, 11:00
lol pictures 4 teh w1n!!

Riddy
30-11-2006, 20:28
This league is looking scarier and scarier, another dwarf team and a norse team was not what i needed, especially since my saurus seem unable to advance themselves at any great rate. I guess i just have to win the league and get into the premiership, although it doesn't look too fun up there either.

I'm just hoping my Krox and saurus can make a mess of the skaven and get themselves some skills.

Fredox
30-11-2006, 20:44
Tell me about it. I'm not looking forward to playing either of the new teams but at least I should be able to outperform them in some aspects of the game now.

Crymson
30-11-2006, 23:55
Tell me about it. I'm not looking forward to playing either of the new teams but at least I should be able to outperform them in some aspects of the game now.

Well being a realtive newb you shouldn't have too many issues against me :)

Autobot HQ
01-12-2006, 07:58
I dunno, your entire team has block - never under-estimate teh stunted ones, just ask Keravin we all did that in the first ever tourny we played, and he kicked us all in.

Yorkiebar
01-12-2006, 08:14
We're very ahead of schedule guys, but I don't want to sit around waiting for days. I suggest that we simply play through Winter B, have the knockout cup tournament and then start playing more relaxed round robins until the Spring season starts (February?). Or we could have a six- or eight-season year...

We'll have an MSN meeting to dicuss it after the Winter Season.

Autobot HQ
01-12-2006, 08:58
On the plus side, us in the first division might be able to get christmas off :D

Keravin
01-12-2006, 10:23
I dunno, your entire team has block - never under-estimate teh stunted ones, just ask Keravin we all did that in the first ever tourny we played, and he kicked us all in.

The Dwarves suffer a lot from lack of speed at low levels, and certain high ag teams can run rings around them.

The Medics did well to start with due to some luck on caging and then had a fallow period. Seem to be functioning again now.

Just waiting on Gres to come back to sort my next game.

Yorkiebar
01-12-2006, 10:34
The Dwarves suffer a lot from lack of speed at low levels, and certain high ag teams can run rings around them.Mine can't :(. Your only real chance against a developed dwarf team is Leap.

Fredox
01-12-2006, 17:46
Guys I have a problem. I cant stop thinking about Blood Bowl. I don't know if its the new team or just the fact that I've started playing again but I can't wait for my next match. If I could I'd sit here tonight and play a few games but I have to work. I'd also like them to be league games rather than just pickup games as I like the idea of there being some structure to the games. What with Yorkies comments about us being ahead of schedule I'm a bit worried about getting to far ahead.

tenpole
01-12-2006, 22:03
We have a great little group going and all of us in the Divs (Division1) have alot of fun and laughs together. I enjoy it tremendously, Stuart is a good chairman and an excellent writer. Riddy is a great guy from times I have chatted to him. Benny is brilliant always supportive and offering tips on tactics and advice (although not during matches as that would be unethical). Many of the games are spectated but the other coaches so its great to hear the cheers when you fumble the ball. Yep it is sure a good group and we have some new entrants to interact with.

Autobot HQ
01-12-2006, 22:51
Oh you get used to it Fredox. I already see people fall over, and say "ooo thats godda hurt!" blood bowl style, and get this need to cheer if they are injured in any way.

Worringly, that's true n'all.

To be honest, whenever we can finish ahead of schedule, it'll allow us to play each other more casually until the next start of the round. And we don't HAVE to play with our warseer teams do we ;) I have about 15-20 teams on fumbbl of different TR/TS I'd be happy to play with against non-tourny teams. I'm always happy to just sit there and talk blood bowl too, whether it's ideas for the league or just where you want you team to go in the future. Skill rolls, team building, all sorts.

Hi, my name's Stuart, and I'm a Fumbbl-a-holic.

Stuart
Lord of Div One

Keravin
08-12-2006, 10:12
When is the FPF/Warseers match happening?

Yorkiebar
08-12-2006, 10:17
When is the FPF/Warseers match happening?Scheduled for 7PM this evening.

tenpole
08-12-2006, 17:30
Will try to spectate

Gres
09-12-2006, 14:30
The final round Foul Peak Frenzy - Athletico Middenheim match is scheduled for 15:30 (I.E. an hour) provided my internet holds up. Can the Middeheimers stop the fast moving rats to score a league winning position or will the rats run rings around them as in their last encounter? Spectators will find out first!

Edit - which brings to question what criteria will be used to separate teams on the same points at the end of the full season. This is important as AM and the Medics could end up equal on points. I would favour:

Most points
Most TD for
Least TA against
Most CAS for
Least CAS against
Results against the teams tied with going through the same criteria as the full season
"Coin Toss"

Keravin
09-12-2006, 16:12
Can we not just go for Most times beating the Rats :)

The last half seems to have been decided by Alphabetical because it wasn't decided on TD diff.

Gres
09-12-2006, 17:08
It was decided by coin toss by FUMBBL. Looks like it will be important as my stuffing by FPF means that if you win it goes down to the other criteria.

Keravin
09-12-2006, 17:21
Also depends whether either of us wins this season half as the rats are in the running too.

tenpole
09-12-2006, 17:33
Rats should have it on TD differance

Gres
09-12-2006, 17:39
I thought the results from the two halves were being combined for the final table. I'm fairly confused now.

Keravin
09-12-2006, 17:41
And in that case the dwarves have it on TD Diff. The rats have a TD diff of 0 for the first half.

Gres
09-12-2006, 17:46
That's why the criteria for sorting the teams needs to be sorted by Yorkie before the match is played - will it be TD difference, TDs scored or the results of games played against each other. Or we could have a play-off...

Yorkiebar
09-12-2006, 18:09
Points first, then TD Difference. The WarSeers (being such losers :() will be relegated to 1st Division immediately after the KO for the Cup and we'll bring up two or three teams to keep the division sizes even.

tenpole
09-12-2006, 18:16
Welcome to us Yorkie, glad to have you with us. So I guess someone from the divs will get promoted. In all honestly I do not think it will be me, it will either be Iscariot/Autobot or Riddy.

It wont be me at all. If I win the next game and Riddy losses both games he will still have more points than me.

Keravin
09-12-2006, 19:13
The final Premiership match should get played Monday evening.

Autobot HQ
10-12-2006, 21:14
TBH I don't know if moving teams is a good idea atm. The TS difference is about 30-40pts and until you hit about TS200 I think that kind of difference is really killer. An example being your DE yorkie, in that an entire elf team with block will be very hard to stop for anyone in Div1 as they have alot of players without any advancements atm.

I'll have words with everyone in Div1 sometime this week as I don't think its fair yet. Course I've never said that this is a dictatorship so I'll get everyones opinions on this first.

A-HQ

tenpole
10-12-2006, 21:47
Come into my parlour Yorkie!

Yorkiebar
10-12-2006, 21:55
I have no idea what that meant, but I am disturbed.

tenpole
10-12-2006, 22:03
"Will you walk into my parlour?"
Said the spider to the fly;
"'Tis the prettiest little parlour
That ever you did spy.
The way into my parlour
Is up a winding stair;
And I have many curious things
To show you when you're there."
"Oh, no, no," said the little fly;
"To ask me is in vain;
For who goes up your winding stair
Can ne'er come down again."

Yorkiebar
10-12-2006, 22:15
That's nice tenpole, but it is also spamming the WBBL forum. We're trusted to manage ourselves in here, I've never seen a mod and I don't want us to need them.

EDIT:
Your're witty and you're wise;
How handsome are your gauzy wings,
How brilliant are your eyes!Well, I am rather witty and wise... :p

Fredox
10-12-2006, 22:34
Yorkie your welcome in the div's anytime you like. I'm sure a few of us chould give you a run for your money but the newer teams might strugle a bit. To be honest I think for the first few seasons it might be an idea to compare the strengths of teams changing divisions aswell as thier standing in the division. Even if NZQ go up the differance will be around 30 so they'll get spanked a bit. Also your team would be +70ish on the new boys depending on how they do before then. I vote to stay as we are for the next season and go from there. Div 1 having more players should enable the TRs to increase more per season and come more inline with the Premiership. Either way it's upto our current Lord of Div One to decide I guess.

Keravin
10-12-2006, 22:37
The Premiership had a few teams about 20 or so down on TR/TS when we started and now the teams have all pretty much equalised over the last half of the season.

tenpole
10-12-2006, 22:39
Quote Yorkiebar: Whatever he said

Are you playing with me?
It's difficult to tell with posting messages.
You said you were confused and did not understand so I illuminated you by quoting the famous poem by Mary Howitt of which I made a suggesting reference to you in my post.

Besides which, back in normal warseer they are all congratulating themselves on getting rid of us. I know its a conspiracy.

Yorkiebar
10-12-2006, 22:42
It may be for the best to leave the divisions as they are actually (unless NZQ particularly want to move up?) because that means that the more numerous low-TR Division 1ers will play more matches and catch up in TR.

We'll discuss it all in the meeting, anyway.

@tenpole: Just imagine that you are posting in Random Musings where mods are more active. I know they'd pick you up on "Come into my parlour Yorkie!" because it's simply spam, not adding anything to the thread. The poem was more spam AND cluttered the thread when a link would have sufficed.

[/inquisition]

Not to get at you mate, just try to post on the topic of Blood Bowl.

tenpole
11-12-2006, 17:17
Surely banter between team coaches is part of Bloodbowl else Autobot is guilty of being a complete and total heretic.

Keravin
11-12-2006, 18:32
Do it on threads that aren't the official ones then.

Autobot HQ
11-12-2006, 20:58
Burn the heretic!! ... Wait, that's me ...

Jet
23-12-2006, 10:44
I'm not available for play over the rest of the Christmas period, so this is just a request not to put me in any EXTRA tournaments, like cups or fun ones. Obviously if the league continues then I'd like to be in that, but I will probably be a little delayed in my first matches.

Could some nice person also get on the blower to Pac that I can't play over this time. I hear there's some winter cup for the White Isle league(which Gres and Ravening were also part of) but there's no way I'll be able to get the games played. There's some IP issue where I'm staying and I doubt I'd have the time to play the matches anyway.

Cheers in advance.

Gres
23-12-2006, 17:04
I have PMed Pac to let him know.

Riddy
24-12-2006, 21:46
Div1 Champions Winter 2006 - Xini Warseers

"We would like to thank our mum and dad, fans and coaches, without them we would never have made it this far, we would also like to thank the brilliant league staff for running the winter season so smoothly and for not bugging me to play games quickly. Finally we would like to thank Chuck Norris for making all this possible, thankyou Chuck Norris"

Talk to ya'll after christmas/new year

Not sure if i'll be on at all next week, have a good one everyone.

Yorkiebar
27-12-2006, 16:08
Lots of new members over Christmas, which of course is a very good thing! I will properly join them up when I've had a nice Guiness and recovered from my long, boring journey home.

Fredox
02-01-2007, 00:21
Just a quick question. Are we allowed to play WBBL games on the 3rd? Just courious what with it being FUMBBLs birthday and all.

Yorkiebar
02-01-2007, 07:56
Just a quick question. Are we allowed to play WBBL games on the 3rd? Just courious what with it being FUMBBLs birthday and all.Yes, that's fine. We're a fairly relaxed group after all.

Keravin
02-01-2007, 09:16
I'm off during the day for a day of Skaven and Elf playing.

RawMessiah
02-01-2007, 10:01
Hello everyone.

As you can see, I'm new to this forum and the league. I had an idea and I thought I'd ask you to see if you think it's anything worthwile.

Well... I thought it'd be easy to have a simple link to an IFORMATION PAGE where everyone can write about themselves (where they are from, a little information, etc.).

I saw that there already excists a thread, but this would be a little easier I think. What do you think?

Yorkiebar
02-01-2007, 13:15
Hello everyone.

As you can see, I'm new to this forum and the league. I had an idea and I thought I'd ask you to see if you think it's anything worthwile.

Well... I thought it'd be easy to have a simple link to an IFORMATION PAGE where everyone can write about themselves (where they are from, a little information, etc.).

I saw that there already excists a thread, but this would be a little easier I think. What do you think?To be honest I disagree, people are welcome to put as much information as they like in the Info thread and that's very easily accessible.

Riddy
02-01-2007, 18:39
To anyone who wishes to challenge the Div 1 champs i will be online all night tomorrow, just give me a PM or get me on MSN.

Gres
02-01-2007, 18:42
Looks like the 3rd will be a good day to get some pre-season games in (See the main FUMBBL news page for why). Had I access to a computer during the day I might have even thought twice about retiring the elves. It will be interesting to see if any of the Necro or Undead teams manage to score a kill and get a zombie for a player who actually isn't dead. I might be around for an early hours game tonight.

Yorkiebar
02-01-2007, 19:05
I am up for having games with any and all my teams tonight starting AFTER 10pm. I want it to go on 'til after midnight FUMBBL time (i.e. 11pm UK time) so the birthday stuff kicks in when the match is reported. PM/MSN if interested.

th0r
02-01-2007, 19:09
Pretty cool idea for the 3rd. I'll definitly be playing some kemri with my elves eheh. Love to have a league game or two as well..

Fredox
02-01-2007, 19:17
I'm off work all day and have told the family I plan to spend most of the day at the PC. So if any of you see me about I'm avalible for a game all day.

Yorkiebar
13-01-2007, 12:44
Sylass just rolled a double for his skill (after his THIRTIETH sucessful pass in just 16 games) and gained Strong Arm to go with Pass, Safe Throw and Accurate. If he gets AG5 and Nerves of Steel he'll probably be just about the best thrower on FUMBBL.

Gres
13-01-2007, 13:29
If he gets AG5 and Nerves of Steel he'll probably be just about the best thrower on FUMBBL.Given the form of star players in the league he will then be slain by unskilled linerat. After the cup should we open a memorial to our departed star/s?

PhrollikK
02-02-2007, 08:27
Right I saw that Autobot and Skinnydookie played their Semi-Finals and Autobot won.l I went on to look at Skinny's team and was horrified at what I saw: His whole team is decimated!!! :eek: Even though I play orcs I'm pretty much terrified of those NZQ... Respect AutoB ;)

Autobot HQ
02-02-2007, 09:05
I bring the pain baby, :eek:WOAH!:eek:

Riddy
02-02-2007, 17:41
Right I saw that Autobot and Skinnydookie played their Semi-Finals and Autobot won.l I went on to look at Skinny's team and was horrified at what I saw: His whole team is decimated!!! :eek: Even though I play orcs I'm pretty much terrified of those NZQ... Respect AutoB ;)

Pfft, he struggles to even kill skinks against me, seriously, they are just midget elves in armour. :p

Gres
04-02-2007, 21:04
Not sure where best to post this but I have just noticed that the two new joiners are both Ranked teams and therefore won't work in our "Unranked" league.

Deng Ham
04-02-2007, 21:08
I saw that as well... Look like they will play eachother often then.

th0r
04-02-2007, 21:11
This is being fixed. All they needs to be done is push the button at the bottom of the team page and place them in unranked. Don't worry about it. Cheers.

Arkzein
04-02-2007, 22:01
New to all this... found the button and done though. Figuring things out bit by bit. ;)

*edit* And after seeing this and fixing it, I only now find three messages on fumbbl. *laughs*. I need new PM pop up windows. ;)

Yorkiebar
09-02-2007, 10:30
We have a new Champion! Congratulations Gres, enjoy your new forum title when A-HQ sorts it out.

Autobot HQ
09-02-2007, 12:09
Literally being sorted right now :)
Busy morning for me, with multiple threads and redesigning the rules, as well as creating background for the new team, but it's all in hand :)

A-HQ

Yorkiebar
09-02-2007, 13:06
Excellent. Now Gres, go forth and post. The chance of a title should bring in even more players.

Autobot HQ
09-02-2007, 16:47
Custom Rank has been applied, enjoy the spoils of war Gres

Yorkiebar
15-02-2007, 22:43
ARGH! Crashed connection. Riddy, I'm back up now, just reload same proxy. MSN has froze.

EDIT: No, still something up. Hang on, I'll reboot.

Deng Ham
19-02-2007, 15:57
I knew it woud happen sooner or later... I've been close to doing it myself a fiew times.

Can you spott the error?

New Zaggarand Steaks vs Tenpole Mecca WS

The chaos Halflings cheated. After a poor first half the head coach with his team of technicians went to see why the mechavermin were not performing and what went wrong with the Deathroller.

Sugar was found in the fuel tank of the Deathroller and the Athlon chip in the mechavermin had been replaced with a sega megadrive. It was impossible to get a replacement before the start of the next half but with quick thinking the greyseer coach dug out a copy of SPeedball II brutal delux, stuck that in the mechavermin and off they went smashing the halfling foe.

But alas too late as the halfling team had the upper hand with more players and the ability to handle the ball, something which the skaven slaves just could not comprehend.

End result 2 - 1 to the New Zaggarnd Quakes

Nope you don't get any hint's

Yorkiebar
19-02-2007, 17:04
Zaggarand?

And later on, 'Zaggarnd'.

EDIT: What? That's not silver!

Deng Ham
19-02-2007, 17:06
Nope was not the ting I was looking at.. But you are right, that's wrong. erh.

Yorkiebar
19-02-2007, 18:10
Got it! You said Quakes instead of Steaks. Naughty Deng Ham!

Deng Ham
19-02-2007, 18:22
I did'nt.... Tenpole did...
But when I have been doing by reports. I've been very close several times.

tenpole
19-02-2007, 19:17
Wishful thinking

Deng Ham
19-02-2007, 19:23
No way am I going to give Autobot the credit for MY wins... Even if my team are big Quakes fans.

Autobot HQ
20-02-2007, 15:19
lol, We'll crush your stuntied folk again if you want :p

Riddy
23-02-2007, 15:26
Why is there an overzelous mod spamhammering all the fun threads...

*is confused*

Deng Ham
23-02-2007, 15:56
Becouse Girls have nothing to do with Warhammer, 40K or any of the specialist games.
And the boys that do. Ah well.. Lets not get into that.

Yorkiebar
23-02-2007, 16:00
I've requested that in future, spam threads (and they were spam) be closed with an explanatory post rather than simply deleted. I feel the mods are actually very nice to us WBBLers - you don't get our informal chat-like atmosphere elsewhere on the Forums.

Riddy
23-02-2007, 16:16
I've requested that in future, spam threads (and they were spam) be closed with an explanatory post rather than simply deleted. I feel the mods are actually very nice to us WBBLers - you don't get our informal chat-like atmosphere elsewhere on the Forums.

I suppose we do yes, which is why i was confused at the threads being closed, they were threads directed at other members of the wbbl encouraging this chat like atmosphere.

Not that it really matters, we have this thread to spam up...er....chat in...:evilgrin:

tenpole
23-02-2007, 16:17
How was Deng hams PP post spam. We use the threads to create character about our teams.

Arkzein
23-02-2007, 17:45
I disagree about them being spam, facetious and a bit of a laugh, yes. Perhaps slightly OT (but still relevant to the WBBL in each case) But not completely random, pointless or there to drum up post counts. (How I detest when post counts get into things, every forum should do away with them! ;) *laughs*). Guess it comes down to your defintion of the word though.

I guess it comes down to a question of the madate of the forum. Is it a place for WBBL members to socialise? Or is it strictly for updates to the WBBL?

Given the relatively small size of the group and the fact we, generally, seem to chat a good bit amoungst ourselves moving things to random musings dosen't even seem right. Dime and format differences really stop chat programs for some discussions, despite plenty going on in IRC and MSN, and really we're not big enough for a dedicated WBBL OT section.

Further enhanced by mods perhaps not ebing involed with and perhaps not fully understanding the WBBL. (as deng said one didn't know it actually involed fummbll) we have the current state.

Mind you just to say, depite all the fuss, it's just a little irksome at the very worst, and I'd think we're damned lucky to even have such a section hosted on Warseer. Just seems it's caught somewhere between an idependand group, hosted on warseer, and a warseer sub forum itself much like all the others.

In any case I'd think the appointment of a sub-forum only mod would solve all the issues, overseen by the global admins should they let some things go that shouldn't be there. (Such as flame wars, blantant spam/counbt farming, adult conetent etc.)

Yorkiebar
23-02-2007, 17:58
Can I suggest that we keep discussion about spam and things to this thread (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70969) or preferably the Helpdesk? That makes it easier for the mods to find it and respond to it
and keeps them away from this spamfest of a thread

Brimstone
23-02-2007, 19:31
Not that it really matters, we have this thread to spam up...er....chat in...:evilgrin:

I wouldn't advise it. Discussion is fine spam is not.

Riddy
25-02-2007, 15:43
I wouldn't advise it. Discussion is fine spam is not.

It wasn't meant as a serious comment :p

Arkzein
25-02-2007, 17:52
Discussion is only fine if it's on topic though, lest it be branded spam. :D *laughs*

Sorry, couldn't resist a lighthearted jibe given how this things seems to have snowballed. I think I can appear overly serious in my verbisity. :p

Looking forward to the new tournament now, related on the Tr issue realising 4/5 weeks until the league start we'll all have near enough the same anyway! :)

Keravin
27-03-2007, 22:42
Starting the new tourneys any chance of some Star Player tables so we can see who the players to watch are.

Lardidar
03-04-2007, 15:55
Hiya all,

I have just signed up to fumbbl and was wondering if it is OK to still join the WBBL?

I have sent PM's to both Yorkibar and Autobot HQ on fumbbl.

I love my BB but have never played online so I may be a bit of a whipping boy until I get the hang of it ..... I shall be playing Humans at first.

Hope to see you all on the pitch soon :)

Deng Ham
09-04-2007, 23:48
Need a little Geek aid...

I see several of you have costumized ranks/titels. And if memory serves me right. We all got to choose our own when we joined the WBBL. Is this Corect. And if so, how on earth do I chage it to what I want.

Was thinking of:
"Wild Rider in the Sky"

th0r
10-04-2007, 00:52
The custom titles are due to being a guild member to Warseer. Although I believe we were able to get Gres a unique title for winning the main tournament the WBBL Cup.

Jet
08-05-2007, 20:25
Didn't want to create a new thread so I'll drop it here.

I am looking for a casual game this evening, soonish, say. If you're game either drop me a bell on MSN or pop into the warseer chatroom on FUMbbl.

Lardidar
08-05-2007, 22:23
warseer chatroom on FUMbbl.

There is a WarSeer chatroom?

Keravin
08-05-2007, 23:16
There's a Warseer Fumbbl chatroom. When you get on IRC at Fumbbl just type in /join warseer

Yorkiebar
20-05-2007, 19:59
I'm looking for a match tonight, any takers? Preferably low TR. Just post here then wait in MSN, I'll check it every half hour or so.

LordSnotball
15-06-2007, 09:56
quick question, are e supposed to nominate new players for the blood bath bounty thing? its a new season...

and why doesn't the bounty on those who survived be increased by +1

hehehee

-Snottie

Jet
15-06-2007, 10:27
I think its because we haven't really had a proper "season" yet, with enough opportunity for opponents to really have a go at the bountied players. I would take the end of this current tournament as the first scoring point.

Secondly, we need some nominations for bounties in the Southern League please competitors! Be sure to spread the vengeance.

Skinnydookie
13-07-2007, 12:25
Hi- just to let people (and my opponents) know that I am still about but I have now moved and am waiting for my internet to be connected. I have been told it could be up to 2 weeks.

Obvioulsy I will forfeit all the matches I dont do in time but please dont scrap me from the Warseer comp's!

Gres
13-07-2007, 12:43
IIRC we are now past the deadline and if we wait for Skinnie I will be moving before the end of the season so I'd prefer it if we cracked on.

th0r
17-07-2007, 13:12
Well, this is becoming increasingly frustrating. Have been online at the same time as K2 for over a week and no game. The thing is the only time he can play is between 1am and 8am my time. Yet I have still made myself available and still no game. Yet he will play all the ranked games he can get. IMO we should be playing a game at LEAST once a week, if not more.

Skinnydookie
05-08-2007, 20:42
Hi I am back online, please could someone let me know what I need to do (if anything) for the tourny. I will make myself availabkle if needed as much as possible in the next few weeks.

Gres
06-08-2007, 08:19
Whereas I am going to be offline in the very near future for an undetermined amount of time, I will hopefully get my last match played but no guarantees.