PDA

View Full Version : WBBL - Proposals

Yorkiebar
07-10-2006, 09:49
This thread is for suggestions for the WBBL (NOT for discussion of these suggestions/changes). If you feel I have missed anything important, suggest it here. Depending on the proposal concerned I will either decide myself, consult with staff and then decide, or hold a league meeting in MSN.

Gres
07-10-2006, 14:36
Ok, I have a suggestion for trying to solve newbie involvement problems and for involving people who havent got the time commitment for the main leagues.

We create a second group on FUMBBL called the Warseer Open group. This is where newbies are initally directed in order to learn the Bloodbowl, Javabowl and FUMBBL ropes. In this group we can play friendlies or mini newbie tournaments until there is an opportunity for them to join the main league if they wish. It could also be a place to pick up friendly games between other Warseerers in order to try build a FUMBBL community. I'm aware that I haven't spoken to let alone played quite a number of Warseer FUMBBL members becuse we have never had a scheduled match.

The group could operate as the non-league to the main groups leagues and can allow newbies to enter the main league with semi developed teams as they will have technically only played *warseer* teams (I'm proposing we only allow the teams in the group to play within the group - it can be a place for all the existing 2nd teams that have been created to live).

Suggestions and comments are welcome.

Keravin
07-10-2006, 14:49
Could also use this open group to hold quick newbie KO tourneys to get a few people up and playing and generate interest.

Yorkiebar
10-10-2006, 12:37
Gres and Keravin, we already have created a 'newbies' division. It's purpose is for new teams to have somewhere to play between joining the league and being put into a proper division at the start of a season. The idea of having 'older' WarSeers put newbie teams into it appeals to me, but these teams will NOT be able to advance further in the league, and premiership/division 1 games must always take precedent over newbie ones.

EDIT: You can't see it because you aren't a member, Keravin. I'll set up links in the ANnouncement thread now.

Keravin
10-10-2006, 13:12
Where is the newbies division then because all I can see on fumbbl is the premiership so we weren't aware of any divisions other than prem/div 1?

tenpole
11-10-2006, 19:13
I think the league is still to be set up. Yorkie is waiting to kick redundant members, reduce all down to one team only and then see how it all stands.

Yorkiebar
11-12-2006, 22:09
Okay, solving our latest pickle. Personally I now feel I would rather have everyone in one group again, because Division 1 has a nice atmosphere.

My proposal is that everyone has a Division 1 team (current Premiershippers either going back to an old WS team or creating a new one) and has great fun, eventually Division 1 Team Ratings will equal Premiership TRs, at which point everyone can go into the one group again.

It isn't perfect but I don't think anything will be. Please post your own solutions here.

Fredox
11-12-2006, 22:15
Was typing this as Yorkiebar was so idea 2 is the same as his.

Idea 1. Stay as we are. No promotions/relegations. See what the situation is at the end of next season. But, we could end up in the same situation all over again.

Idea 2. Premiership goes on hold for a season. The guys from the premiership create/reintroduce teams into division 1 until teams are ready for the premiership. Up to the premiership guys, as they would not be playing their current teams for a while (could play friendly games against other premiership teams).

Idea 3. Mix everyone. Everyone gets to play his or her current team. How bad could 4 games against ex-premiership sides be?

Keravin
11-12-2006, 22:42
The one thing I would like is for the Premiership players who have been part of WBBL since the start in many cases to not be made uncomfortable. Not everyone is going to approach playing in a league the same way.

tenpole
11-12-2006, 22:53
Was typing this as Yorkiebar was so idea 2 is the same as his.

Idea 1. Stay as we are. No promotions/relegations. See what the situation is at the end of next season. But, we could end up in the same situation all over again.

I agree with the last statement we may have more new members join as these games are being played.

Idea 2. Premiership goes on hold for a season. The guys from the premiership create/reintroduce teams into division 1 until teams are ready for the premiership. Up to the premiership guys, as they would not be playing their current teams for a while (could play friendly games against other premiership teams).

They need to play they would get withdrawal symptons.

Idea 3. Mix everyone. Everyone gets to play his or her current team. How bad could 4 games against ex-premiership sides be?
The teams could be scaled down to a TR max of 160, that means dropping the
odd re roll, or retiring perfectly healthy players but it could be done and that way they could play with the Divs and still be elite but not overwhelming.

BUT that is a lot of teams in one schedule, I like the idea.

th0r
11-12-2006, 22:54
I think it would be better to have everyone in one league that way theres more games being played. more games=more fun

LordSnotball
25-12-2006, 11:08
Hi...

new to the group (i hope) and FarSeer forum...

I'd propose that all players have a team in division 1, and only the winners of the division cup are allowed to have a 2nd team. The team that won the division 1 gets relegated to the premium division, and then they are allowed a 2nd team to have fun in division 1.

Also, you want the 2 lowest scoring teams from the premium division to be relegated down...

this would work sort of similar to how faction works. The difference would be that you would only have 2 teams going up and down each time, and you would be allowed a 2nd team in the tourney ONLY IF your primary team is in the premiumship. when/if your team gets sent back down to division team, you then decide which of the 2 teams u are gonna use in the next round...

Anyway, just some ideas for you...

-LordSnotball

tenpole
25-12-2006, 13:38
You havent joined Warseer (not farseer) just to play in our fumbbl league have you?

th0r
25-12-2006, 18:48
That actually seems like a good idea. One team, untill you win then you have a choice of being put it in the more competetive league and starting a new "fun" team in division 1.

tenpole
25-12-2006, 19:46
This is not what Division 1 was about. The discussion about not having two teams was held ages ago. There are still second teams floating about from coaches whom have been with warseer for a long time, and these have been reused purely to give the newbie teams a few games to get them skilled up. Mind you look at Thor now beating all of us maybe we should not have had so many practice games with him.

When the new season starts what is to be decided is are we going to play in one league or two. There is supposed to be a meeting, I think the 28th to discuss this.

LordSnotball
28-12-2006, 13:47
quick proposal:

i like it when the teams have their own image, and i'd like to take the warseer banner and use that. the catch is that its 1kb too big, and i'm hopeless at pics on the computer. Would someone be interested in adapting the warseer banner, and adding it to the group, so that we could then add it to our teams?

if its not too much hassle of course...

-Snottie

LordSnotball
28-12-2006, 14:07
You havent joined Warseer (not farseer) just to play in our fumbbl league have you?

heh, i was wondering why it looked different. that's why, i was looking for the damn farseer forums!!!!!

j/k

nah, i've been in n out of here as a guest for a while now picking up some necromunda tips for rl... Never bothered signing up as i didn't have anything to contribute other than a possible 'best mistakes to make to ensure you lose at necromunda'...

Been on fumbbl for about 2 yrs. found that through agegames which have pbem (play by email) strategy games. Found that through another forum about necromunda and 40k, i think it was called rogue_trader or something. found that through a MUD (text based dungeons and dragons on the net) called aardwolf...

anyway, as u can see i've had loads of net based interestes and spend limited time online, and when i post its normally on Fumbbl. Was looking through my old games workshop folder links trying to find some new insights into BB, and returned here. Browsing around i saw that u guys have a BB league, and thought to myself "what the heck"...

anyway, i'm already in a couple of other tourneys so can withdraw my team if u want. No biggie... just thought that it'd be fun to play in a league with ppl who have browsed through the same forum as me *shrug*

btw, been reading Robin Hobb's Farseer series over the hols, might just have been a freudian typo :) hehehee

-Snottie

EVIL INC
30-12-2006, 00:10
Why not just use the Blood Bowl game here? Host it here so we can do everything ourselves without having to deal with outsiders bothering us. I understand it is a simple enough thing to do if you have the space to do it and that Warseer has enough to do so. It cant hurt to try it and can only improve our lot.

LordSnotball
04-01-2007, 13:37
I have a quick question?

why does everyone need to have an MSN account? i have a 36kbps modem, and the damn msn prog is 5,6mbs. will take me well over an hour to dl...

as fumbbl primarily works from IRC chatting anyway, why not just create your own channel #Warseer and leave it at that?

the reason i'm saying this is coz i've been checking the group out, and i've seen a few ppl with online but only ever seen th0r on irc.

anyway, just an idea... the purpose of a group is to be functional and have fun. this would come under the 'functional' category...

-Snottie

Autobot HQ
04-01-2007, 13:53
Because ... erm ... you smell. yeah.

To be honest I think it's just convience. Most people have an MSN account anyway, and I know when I go online I'm on MSN but wont always be in mIRC. I know I like the handy flashy 'ping' too, so I think it's just a handy system for chatting briefly rather than IRC which I'll admit is far superiour for a long, long, long discusion.

It's something we'll have to check with people on I guess

th0r
04-01-2007, 15:12
I'm a long time fan of mIRC myself and we should probably switch over and make our own channel. Messenger just isn't good for multiple peole in one conversation. Not to mentio you need irc anyway if you want to play with other people.

Keravin
04-01-2007, 15:32
What staying on MSN does is exclude people from getting involved in Fumbbl as a whole as it doesn't encourage them to use gamefinder or venture out of the Warseer league.

I'm with Thor and LordSnotball. We used to use the Warseer channel on Fumbbl to have discussions and see who was around when this all started.

Yorkiebar
04-01-2007, 16:48
I think the trouble was that people just weren't using the IRC channel or had it minimsed and didn't get messages, as opposed to MSN which always seems to have four or more online and plays annoying noises to tell you when you're messaged.

That said you could be right about having our meetings in the IRC, since it's much more group discussion-oriented and would get more people involved.. It's no trouble to tell people as they arrive to move to IRC tomorrow, so we'll give it a try.

tenpole
05-01-2007, 07:24
RE: 36kbs Modem
Next you will be telling us that you have a 386