PDA

View Full Version : Orks January 2006

amedius
28-06-2005, 22:39
This has been confirmed by sources at Games Workshop that Orks are definately January. So expect to see the models at the UK GD :cool:

Dvalin
28-06-2005, 22:43
Any source you can confirm or indicate?

Strikerkc
28-06-2005, 22:47
Any source you can confirm or indicate?

It's out side the 6 month window so I doubt it. If we hear as much in another month or two I'll be less skepticall.

lordmetroid
28-06-2005, 23:39
I guess we will just have to wait and see... Now don't we!

Adama
28-06-2005, 23:45
I laugh at you all!

Oh, there will be a Codex in January, but there won't be any green skin in sight!

You just watch...

Cypher
28-06-2005, 23:48
I thought it was expected that Tau were getting the January release slot next year, since it requires a minimal amount of resources for the update.

Cheitan Shadowless
28-06-2005, 23:52
I don't see this happening. BT are up pre-Christmas, followed by Tau. No way have they come far enough with Ork development to release a finished codex by January.

No can do, Baloo. :eyebrows:

Ravening Wh0re
28-06-2005, 23:54
I laugh at you all!

Oh, there will be a Codex in January, but there won't be any green skin in sight!

You just watch...

Oh indeed? Do please tell....

Kargos Bloodspit
28-06-2005, 23:58
I laugh at you all!

You just watch...

Does that mean Tau are out of the window too since Kroot have green skin :p :D

Killgore
29-06-2005, 00:09
I expect a Ork BattleWagon kit to be out around christmas/ erlie next year duno about the codex.

But bear in mind that Orks are asociated with Black Templairs alot.

Brizzle
29-06-2005, 00:35
This has been confirmed by sources at Games Workshop that Orks are definately January. So expect to see the models at the UK GD :cool:

I hope your source isn't a person in a red shirt. Although I would love to see Orks ASAP, I haven't heard anything like this.

Black Mage
29-06-2005, 01:01
I agree with Kilgore on that point, If GW are doing a nemesis thing, then Orks are the most likely to be released after BT. I still think that the Tau dex filling the Xmas slot is a hogwash.

Alpharius
29-06-2005, 03:30
Orks next?

Maybe.

In January?

Unlikely.

When are the Black Templars coming out?

Late 2005?

I'd love for it to be so, but I just don't see it happening...

Jeru
29-06-2005, 03:48
told u guys ^^

boogle
29-06-2005, 03:53
IF the orks are next, then my adversary theory will be vindicated, but i have a feeling that they aren't going to be after BT

Brizzle
29-06-2005, 03:59
I have yet to see any truly reliable source say what was after Templars, but most rumors still point to the Tau.

x-esiv-4c
29-06-2005, 04:38
Are the Eldar being updated after the orks or before?

lordmetroid
29-06-2005, 05:34
Nothing is currently known about anything beyond the rumors of Tau and BT!

Strikerkc
29-06-2005, 05:42
Nothing is currently known about anything beyond the rumors of Tau and BT!

Ditto. The most solid and logical rumors are BT followed bt Tau, followed by "?". BT becuase it's just next, Tau becuase it needs a very minimal rework, so it would allow them to get out more codexes in less time.

Now just my logic... I really really think the Ork codex needs more of a rework than Eldar. The eldar list is by no means lacking in playability, though fluff and balance isn't always present. The ork list, while fluffy, just isn't viable. You simply can't sit down to make an Ork army using just the ork codex (and respective looted codexes) and expect to be competative (you have to go with a clan or a speed freak type thing).

cyndre
29-06-2005, 05:43
Whatever, it's all still rumors and nothing's confirmed yet, about anything except BT, I still have doubts about Tau getting a release this winter, but I defenitely don't believe Orks are in january (sadly, that is).

Alpharius
29-06-2005, 06:12
Obviously things can (and do) change, and quickly at that...

At GamesDay Atlanta, it was *strongly* hinted that the Eldar Codex would be next after Black Templars...

But, we were also told that anything out past the next two army books is up in the air (and at that point, the next two were Tyranids and Black Templars, so...).

athamas
29-06-2005, 08:47
the biggest thiq with the orks is the new plastics they need!

if there are ork sketches/mock ups seen at forthcoming gamesdays, then we can safely asume they are coming soon, however, it does take along time to make tanks and the like!

boogle
29-06-2005, 09:01
the vehicle sprue must be nearly completed now, it was months ago when it was said it was abotu half done, so maybe we'll see some test shots, IF Orks are the next codex

Karhedron
29-06-2005, 09:05
Are the Eldar being updated after the orks or before?
No one knows at the moment. Supposedly work has been ongoing for a while on conceptualisation for the Eldar race, however when this will lead to a codex being produced is anyone's guess.

There was a rumour on old Portent before The Fall that work had already begun on a new Ork vehicle kit. That was back at the start of the year. Given the timeframe, it is possible that the kit would be ready for release in early 2006. Remember that the Wave Serpent was released on its own without any associated material. Therefore it is possible Orks will be getting a new vehicle kit in early 2006, even if the codex is still a way off.

If this is the case I just hope Ork players get a better kit than out Wave Serpent. :(

boogle
29-06-2005, 09:10
well if they looked at FW for inspiration, then the ork fans will be disappointed (as GW must have looked and then said 'nah we can do better')

Great Harlequin
29-06-2005, 13:41
I believe that the Ork's will not be out that early. I think the list goes, Black Templars, Tau, Eldar and then Orks. The reason I think the Ork's have been pushed back past the Eldar is because I have not actually seen any existence of work directed to the new Orks. I have, however, seen sketches of the new Eldar range which seems to suggest that they are next.

philbrad2
29-06-2005, 13:48
Hmmm... IF Orks are out Q1 2006 then expect the release around February this is the 'traditional' Q1 release slot leading up to Easter. As for Ork models being out by the end of '05 - sorry, dont believe you. BT's will occupy the Q4 2005 release slot with all the BT models being available pre Xmas. I'd expect some concepts to be on display in Spetember at UKGD - if there then expect photos in my GD report

As KARHEDRON has mentioned the Ork 'modular vehicle' has had rumours and reported sightings going back to 2004. I'd expect it to be nearing production tooling is its due early in 2006. As have been mentioned in other threads the Orks plastics are acknowledged to fine, the biggest bugbear is their ancient vehicle kits. Each codex project has a budget the dev team can spend on plastics I reckon the lion's share of this will go on new Ork vehicles.

The theory of an Ork codex in 06 is by no means far fetched, and frankly I've been expecting this for some months now since the rumours of the Ork vehicles in fact, if these were in development it would be logical (the possible flaw in my theory:) ) that codex development would be underway. I've not actually heard if the mooted work on Eldar devleopment was even got underway. Bit of a shame because Its seems the genral concensus is the Ork codex as it stands has stood the test of time well with few moans, unlike the Eldar codices. As to the 'Nemesis/Adversary' theory it goes some way to showing a link in codex releases but is by no means hard and fast.

So endeth the 2 penneth.

:chrome:

Alpharius
29-06-2005, 13:52
To carry the "Adversary" theory a step further...

Which Space Marine Chapter would have the Eldar as their "Nemesis/Adversary"?

I can't think of any "Historical" one... So, will just generate some new background and attach them to...?

Blood Angels - doesn't feel right...
Space Wolves - Orks seem to fit better for them!
Dark Angels - ?

athamas
29-06-2005, 13:54
well come september we will know, whatever is ondisplay at UK GD will be the Q1 release, as i expect BT to be onsale, to a degree, if they are going for pre chrismas release, i would expect BT army deal to be being sold in october, leaving november for the start of slaes, and december for everyting to be released,

this would mean that BT would be on sale at GD, and thus whater we see will be next, possibly new tau stuff, possibly orks.... we will see!

boogle
29-06-2005, 13:55
I believe that the Ork's will not be out that early. I think the list goes, Black Templars, Tau, Eldar and then Orks. The reason I think the Ork's have been pushed back past the Eldar is because I have not actually seen any existence of work directed to the new Orks. I have, however, seen sketches of the new Eldar range which seems to suggest that they are next.
you missed out the marine releases in between Tau and Eldar and inbetween Eldar and Orks

Great Harlequin
29-06-2005, 14:18
you missed out the marine releases in between Tau and Eldar and inbetween Eldar and Orks
Which ones are these?

Karhedron
29-06-2005, 14:44
Current rumours suggest that there will be one Marine dex each year in the Q4 slot. This does not mean that every other codex will be a Marine one. If they do 3 codices a year then you could get 2 xeno/other codices between each Marine codex. I am not say it will happen that way, just that things are not set in stone that far ahead.

squigsnok
29-06-2005, 15:00
Someone I know who recently went down to head office saw concept sketches for the ork army. One had a bionik ork (possibly a cybork) and another was what he described as a shokk attakk gun. Dunno if that points to imminent or far flung release. Just thought you might wanna know.

athamas
29-06-2005, 15:27
well if it is a marine codex ever Q4 for the next... what... [BA, DA, SW.. ] 3 more years, they will have plenty of time to do all the other codex between now and then...

then they can do another eddition!!!!

Ravening Wh0re
29-06-2005, 16:11
Just to put things into context....

The High Elf Plastic Regiments were ready at least 2 years before the Army Book was released.

So who really knoews what will be next?

GrogsnotPowwabomba
29-06-2005, 16:11
Its seems the genral concensus is the Ork codex as it stands has stood the test of time well with few moans, unlike the Eldar codices.

I would say that this is more a testament to the relative natures of Ork and Eldar players than the quality of their codices.

I seriously hope for an Ork update soon, as I am curious to see how they are "intended" under the 4th Edition rules (since their low initiative is a bigger handicap for them now).

philbrad2
29-06-2005, 16:13
I did post my prediction for 2006 releases a few weeks back ....

Orks spring
Tau mid year
SM chapter (possibly BA) late '06

ATHAMAS I reckon there'll be a good selection of BT minis to go on Ebay, sorry I means purchase & cherish at UKGD. If anything like last year I doubr the codex will be out though. Looking forward to the BT's as I'm planning to add a 'crusader' look to my Fists.

orklad
29-06-2005, 16:23
According to some of the staff at the Battle Bunker in Baltimore (catchy, huh?), Shokk Attack Gun is slated to come back...they didn't have info on any of the other specialized Orky weapons though, nor did they have any idea when the codex would hit the shelves.

Don Lord of Pudding

philbrad2
29-06-2005, 16:24
I would say that this is more a testament to the relative natures of Ork and Eldar players than the quality of their codices.

Oooooh contraversial .... film at 11 :rolleyes:

According to some of the staff at the Battle Bunker in Baltimore (catchy, huh?), Shokk Attack Gun is slated to come back...they didn't have info on any of the other specialized Orky weapons though, nor did they have any idea when the codex would hit the shelves.

Very kewl. I had heard that GW were trying to bring a 'fun' aspect back to Orks as 3rd ed seems to have painted them as big green killing machines - DUH!!! :eek: So I could see things like the Shokk coming back. Just hope we don't go down to the levels of 'fun' we had with 2nd ed Orks, I quite like the 3rd ed beastiness of the greenskins. Good 1st post ORKLAD welocme to Por... WARSEER - I really must stop that :evilgrin:

Dakkagor
29-06-2005, 16:38
Oh please bring back the shokk attack gun.. . .that would be awesome, and really drive home the orks superiority in forcefields and teleporta technology. I wonder .. .is a metal big mek model a possibility?

Oooooh contraversial .... film at 11

Yeah, but about right. :D I have a few gripes about the ork dex, but its a solid codex that works well if you know how to use it. Inclusion of klans, a few rules touch ups, and its good to go. All it needs is a model range to match.

Blackadder
29-06-2005, 17:11
Where is this Tau is next thing coming from? I haven't seen a relaible source mentioning an imenent Tau relsease. It seems to me that a lot of Tau players keep repeting their wished new codex.
This thread of course is full of Ork players wishing their codex is next (me included), but their are several more relaible sources mentioning Orks (or Eldar for that matter).
Work on Orks and Eldar is going on paralel in the GW studio, so it seems. I just hope they are working a bit harder on the Orks...

rkunisch
29-06-2005, 17:18
Where is this Tau is next thing coming from? I haven't seen a relaible source mentioning an imenent Tau relsease. It seems to me that a lot of Tau players keep repeting their wished new codex.
This thread of course is full of Ork players wishing their codex is next (me included), but their are several more relaible sources mentioning Orks (or Eldar for that matter).
Work on Orks and Eldar is going on paralel in the GW studio, so it seems. I just hope they are working a bit harder on the Orks...
Which more relaible sources mentioned Orcs? Neither of the Codexex got reliable confirmation. The Tau rumour may or may not come from the fact that the Imperial Armour 3: Taros book from Forge World has its scope on Tau. Fact is: the only solid rumour is that Black Templers are next. For the rest your speculation is as good as mine...

Have fun,

Rolf.

GrogsnotPowwabomba
29-06-2005, 17:44
Oooooh contraversial .... film at 11 :rolleyes:

I should have put a winkie so that people knew I was playing around. ;)

Though I do enjoy being contraversial... :p

Karhedron
29-06-2005, 20:33
I seriously hope for an Ork update soon, as I am curious to see how they are "intended" under the 4th Edition rules (since their low initiative is a bigger handicap for them now).
Their low initiative is not really much more of a penalty then it was in 3rd edition. With mob size checks etc, you won't see Orks running much unless they get a truly monumental pounding.

Also their high number of attacks is a much bigger bonus in 4th edition since all models in the kill-zone get to strike at full effect. Slugga boyz are a devastating unit for their points cost.

GrogsnotPowwabomba
29-06-2005, 21:02
You are right. I forgot about the new 2" rule (I have only played 4th with my Orks once). It does make up for the fact that it is harder for them to catch the people they beat up.

Then again, Ork Slugga Boyz were always one of the most devastating units for the points. :p

Odin
29-06-2005, 21:34
Though I do enjoy being contraversial...

...just not so good at spelling it.

Hoshi No Koe
29-06-2005, 22:01
If this "nemesis" thing keeps up I actually think the most probable release to follow up on an eventual Eldar dex someday, would be a Dark Eldar dex and not SM chapter. That said, it'd look like the Eldar dex is a looong way of. However it was mentioned that Eldar were being looked at as a race background wise, so in theory any brainstorming on Eldar from Gw's part, would probably include Dark eldar as well as Harlequins and exodites.

The Ork dex, despite being one of the oldest around, still works perfectly well. Someone said that Orks couldn't be competitive with the current list. I disagree with that remark, and I'm talking about the classic footsloggers list. It's still very competitive, I still win more than I lose with them, I just have trouble dealing with armour most of the time.
My main gripe with the list as it stands would be lack of variability. The gameplay is pretty repetitive with the list, which is the reason why I only use it from time to time as it gets pretty boring playing a couple of games in a row with Orks.
I think it weird they'd bring out a new Tau dex, it's still pretty new and the list works fine except for a couple of minor glitches (Drones under the new rules). But I can see the logic of releasing them as it doesn't cost to many resources.

Wolf Scout Ewan
29-06-2005, 23:03
Orks are and always have been about playing a fun army.

Taking orks too seriously as an army defeats the whole object of it.

GrogsnotPowwabomba
29-06-2005, 23:16
...just not so good at spelling it.

:rolleyes: Give me a break. I am in the Dominican Republic right now and my mind is in Spanish mode.

Orcdom
30-06-2005, 02:20
If this "nemesis" thing keeps up I actually think the most probable release to follow up on an eventual Eldar dex someday, would be a Dark Eldar dex and not SM chapter. That said, it'd look like the Eldar dex is a looong way of. However it was mentioned that Eldar were being looked at as a race background wise, so in theory any brainstorming on Eldar from Gw's part, would probably include Dark eldar as well as Harlequins and exodites.

Brainstorming and GW ought to not be used in the same sentence.

i hope they dont go screwing it up.
Steve

Malakai
30-06-2005, 02:24
The reason I think the Ork's have been pushed back past the Eldar is because I have not actually seen any existence of work directed to the new Orks. I have, however, seen sketches of the new Eldar range which seems to suggest that they are next.

May I ask where you have seen sketches of the new Eldar line? I've seen nothing about the new Eldar so far.

Malakai

Servo11
30-06-2005, 02:50
Wouldn't it be a fantasy army in Jan/Feb?

Xisor
30-06-2005, 03:17
As for 'rumours indicating Tau', I myself have found/pushed to find news of extensive conceptual work being done on the Kroot in the BFG SG forums. Perhaps this is nothing more than GW simply having a little brainstorm about what they think the direction is for Kroot, but the impression I got was that it was a bit more serious than that and that the source was simply constrained from saying anymore...

Whilst it's not a terribly great link, there have been a few odd mentions *NOT* to do with the Taros campaign that don't really fit anywhere else. The Tau codex really will not take much to update to a good degree, a few rules 'jiggles' and tweaks of points costs and maybe a new unit here and there *should* give a nice codex for release early '06, IMO.

Xisor

greenskinned git
30-06-2005, 11:26
Interestingly, at the Canadian Gaming Expo in late August, there are 3 artists listed who worked on Codex Tau going to be there. No other GW guys are listed at this time. Coincidence, or does it mean something......
http://www.hobbystar.com/ComicConTorontoV2/CC_Gaming_Guests.asp?CategoryID=5

Dreachon
30-06-2005, 12:39
But it doesn't mean that they are working on the new one as well, many devellopers there have worked on multiple codices.

philbrad2
30-06-2005, 12:43

There was a rumour buzz a couple of months back the Tau were the next codex and this was well and tuely sqaushed, there have been several rumours, some I've heard from non internet sources, that have hinted a revised Tau codex could be in the offing for 2006. Only speculation mind, tie this in with the 'adversary/nemesis' theory and there's a distinct possiblilty Tau could follow on from Orks, there's already 'history' between the races in the Tau codex. Its been mentioned Tau would be pretty easy to revise as their model range is pretty new mainly plastic and would need only minor fixes (more or less pulse rifles/carbine on the sprues). Of course as to new models - that's anybodies guess but I'd expect the plastic battlesuit to get tweaks to look more like the FW variants when it comes along. Again speculation. There have also been rumours of a 3rd codex being added to the 2006 schedule, Tau could be it. IIRC the codex will be about 5 years old by then. Not as old as the Eldar, but definitely revision territory.

As for 'rumours indicating Tau', I myself have found/pushed to find news of extensive conceptual work being done on the Kroot in the BFG SG forums.

Actually wasn't there a photo of the WIP model of the BFG Kroot Warsphere knocking around last year ... did that thing make it into production? Not looked into BFG much over the past year .

Adama
30-06-2005, 18:56
You know what'd be great? Confirmation of Tau. Until then, I don't think ANY of us know what's going to be next, even the best source for rumours (Brimstone) can only guess what's after that.

I know what's next, but I'm not saying anything, since no one would believe me anyway. :rolleyes: I will say that "It's not green."

Baggers
30-06-2005, 18:57
To confirm what Philbrad the Tau are not the next book out for 40k after the Black Templars and unless there is going to be a sneaky Space Marine book out after this book, then it won't be until 2007 before we see a Tau codex.

I know what's next, but I'm not saying anything, since no one would believe me anyway. :rolleyes: I will say that "It's not green."

Your not the only one and your wrong.

Karhedron
30-06-2005, 19:09
There are a lot of people on this thread claiming to be "in the know" but not willing to spill the beans. ;) However they still deny certain things, if we go back through the thread maybe we can work out what the next codex will be by a process of elimination.

We know it won't be another Marine codex straight after the Templars. Apparently it is not Tau or Orks either. Perhaps the Eldar are closer than we expect? I guess we will have to wait and see. Maybe there will be some hints at Games Day.

Alpharius
30-06-2005, 19:24
Perhaps the Eldar are closer than we expect? I guess we will have to wait and see. Maybe there will be some hints at Games Day.

Well, that's what they (Phil K.) were hinting at in Atlanta...

Also, the whole "Tau After BT" rumor was never confirmed, but now were being told that the Tau are definitely not next, but, has this been confirmed.

And yes, I know, confirmation here won't be anything awe inspiring, but, anything at all on why people say Yea or Nay on Tau?

philbrad2
30-06-2005, 19:43

C'mon then my speculations have been dismissed, what is after the BT's then. there's lots of specualtion flying around in this threadI've made some educated guesses. If someone has something more concrete I'd like to hear them.

Flame Boy
30-06-2005, 20:25
I like the rumours about a shokk attack gun. Let's face it, they can quite easily work out a design that doesn't look goofy. I think the old Ork field artillery weapons were great. I guess they were dropped because their rules were too unique. Sad really.. The Pulsa Rokkit and the Traktor Kannon were some good ideas and it showed that the Orks had a command of technology the Adeptus Mechanicus still struggle with. Ork background is filled with tellyporta assaults and fancy force fields, but much of this stuff seems to be left out now. I just imagine loads of green bodies holding large axes when I think Orks now.

mattjgilbert
30-06-2005, 21:12
I've heard mention of work on an ork vehicle kit. That's more likely to come out than a codex after xmas I should think.

brassangel
30-06-2005, 21:28
I heard that Codex: Orks and the new range is supposed to be out next spring or summer (May-July). There MAY be, but I doubt it, another codex (Tau?) squeezed in between the Black Templars in October, and the Orks in June. After that, I'm pretty sure it's another marine codex (probably Blood Angels) in the fall/winter of 2006, and then Eldar. Who knows? When it comes to production, things sometimes don't get done on time, or a project gets thrown out the window all together. For all we know, 5th Edition might come out right after the Black Templars. Either way, I'm here for the same reason: I love candy.

Karhedron
30-06-2005, 22:02
Well, that's what they (Phil K.) were hinting at in Atlanta...
Since Phil Kelly is heading up the Eldar project (or was the last time I heard) that is quite an interesting titbit. I think I heard something to that effect very briefly but it was just before The Fall meaning it got rather lost in the confusion.

kriss
30-06-2005, 22:05
Not to be a party pooper, but "I've heard that" doesn't really slice much of an apple. Anything conclusive? Not from a redshirt? ;-)

Insane Psychopath
30-06-2005, 22:09
As I said people on my ork topic, they where planned for late next year :D

Speed Freak here they come lol

boogle
01-07-2005, 01:32
there are people 'in the know', but they don't want to break their NDA's and risk losing the chance to be playtesters

bigred
01-07-2005, 03:42
well to further add to the mystery... check out this post from Engel on EldarOnline (40konline) from june 28th

http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php/topic,79477.msg1050176.html#msg1050176

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
(Rasmus's comment in regards to the Dark Eldar codex)
They are getting it, but it is not up next.

(Engel's Reply)
Indeed. Although "Sooner than you'd think" is the current word. Wink

Oh, and very, very, VERY Dark. Wink
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

the plot thickens...

-bigred

Xisor
01-07-2005, 03:54
Wow, Dark Eldar for a Haloween release to scare the ***** out of everyone?

:rolleyes: I can hope can't I?

Xisor

Malakai
01-07-2005, 04:31
I'm nobody in the know like Engel or Brim, or the guy who claims to have seen conceptual Eldar art work, but I still believe that the Eldar will be the next xeno race released. Why is that? Well Jes "the god" Goodwyn has stated that he is "ready to get back to the eldar". Eldar were strongly hinted at in Atlanta as being the follow up codex to the Templars. And lastly, the demand for that book is higher than any other xeno codex. I don't think the Eldar army is making GW the profit that it has the potential for. The outadated miniatures are putting off alot of would-be eldar players and they are turning to other races like Tau who still have some pretty sharp models.

Of course the same argument could be made for the Orks as their line is just ghastly, but no offence to the Ork players out there but I think the Eldar have always been a stronger selling xeno race. Still this is all conjecture and I could be totally wrong, but this is a forum for speculation so i threw in my bit. Hopefully we will know abit more when the Games Day in Canada takes place at the end of July.

Malakai

adreal
01-07-2005, 06:44
Someone ealier mentioned that fantasy books would change the release sheduals from the codices (sp??), but that is not true, look at wood elves, being released 1 mounth after nids, fantasy has it's own schedual (sp??), 40k wont be afffected by it

Darkness
01-07-2005, 08:09
I've already been told of new Ork Vehicles around Autumn/Winter (Perhaps a one-off release like the Wave Serpent?) - but nothing of Orks in general. We know they are due for being redone, but when that happens is anyone's guessing.

mattjgilbert
01-07-2005, 08:14
I suspect we will see Eldar next year rather than orks as the "major" release. The Tau codex as a quick-fix is still on the cards as being likely but as to the release schedule/ order, it's anyones guess. I would suspect the Eldar to be after the Tau however because of the scale of the project.

Lord Setra
01-07-2005, 08:27
I would like to speculate that the eldar were the next codex to be released, but I have the feeling that GW would much rather do an easier job(re do tau) than do the eldar codex next, so I think we wont see the eldar codex until summer next year:(

Durham_red
01-07-2005, 08:35
Interestingly, at the Canadian Gaming Expo in late August, there are 3 artists listed who worked on Codex Tau going to be there. No other GW guys are listed at this time. Coincidence, or does it mean something......
http://www.hobbystar.com/ComicConTorontoV2/CC_Gaming_Guests.asp?CategoryID=5

Interesting, apart from the fact that none of the 3 artist listed on that site worked on the Tau codex.

The Art credits for Codex Tau are :

Cover: Adrian Smith
Internal Art: Alex Boyd, Paul Dainton, Jes Goodwin and Karl Konpinski.

:rolleyes:

Son of Morkai
01-07-2005, 09:11
That makes it all the more interesting. So, if they are artists for the Tau codex, and aren't in the existing codex, that must mean... (waiting for obvious conclusion).

Of course, they could just have the wrong codex listed, but that wouldn't be any fun, would it?

Nazguire
01-07-2005, 09:30
That makes it all the more interesting. So, if they are artists for the Tau codex, and aren't in the existing codex, that must mean... (waiting for obvious conclusion).

Of course, they could just have the wrong codex listed, but that wouldn't be any fun, would it?

Nothing like fantasising about things that aren't happening eh? :D

Sai-Lauren
01-07-2005, 09:59
Wouldn't it be a fantasy army in Jan/Feb?
Most of the speculation on the Fantasy rumours pages seems to be on Dwarves getting an update around the turn of the year. There's also a possibility of something for LoTR.

What we definitely know: -
Imperial Armour 3 - Tau, Guard and some Marines. Due late summer.
Wood Elves - Army box ships mid-july (and it's so tempting to start a second wood elf army :eek: ) and releases run up to Games Day
Re-release of LoTR rule book around Games Day it would appear.
Black Templars - November.
Eldar are being conceptualized as a full race, but the codices will be separate.

Everything else is just speculation. Which can be fun in it's own way :p

So far, all the IA hardback books released have had something to do with at least one of the codex releases near it (IA1 shipped just before guard v2, and IA2 between Witch Hunters and Marines). It would make sense for the Tau to be worked on as part of the development of IA3 (although the design studio tend not to have anything to do with FW), and they do need only a little work - a reason to either release them soon as an interim release or delay them until a more thorough work through is needed. Do you do a little work and potentially have to maintain it constantly or leave it alone, let it breakdown and give it a full overhaul when it does?

Orks do need new vehicles, and if they follow the style of the new codices, clan rules will probably need a lot of playtesting. Maybe even lose the looted basilisk option just so every single ork player, their best friend and their dog CANNOT have one in their amy list. :rolleyes:

Dark Eldar are probably the most in need of any race of an update, and if the works been done, they may even follow Eldar.
Although the possibility of a simultaneous release with the eldar just struck me. But it's something GW have never done before.

Starchild
01-07-2005, 20:46
Orks do need new vehicles, and if they follow the style of the new codices, clan rules will probably need a lot of playtesting. Maybe even lose the looted basilisk option just so every single ork player, their best friend and their dog CANNOT have one in their amy list. :rolleyes:
Maybe they could restrict all looted vehicles to the Blood Axe clan. But then, every single Ork player and their dogs would be tempted to make Blood Axe armies. :eyebrows:

What I would like to see in addition to new Ork vehicles is plastic add-on kits for the Ork boys. That might keep the cost of Stormboys, 'Ard Boys, and Burna Boys down a bit.

Orcdom
01-07-2005, 22:00
the dark eldar codex is basically the oldest. i cant remember if the eldar or the orks were first last ed, but the Orks got a complete overhaul last edition. the eldar got quite a bit redone, but half of those, most of the players still look for the 2nd ed figs at least for the aspects because they still look better. Eldar would take more work to re release if they are going to redo the war walker, WL, bikes, vypers, and W Spiders which havent seen a new model yet.

The orks will probly get a vehicle kit do do them for a little while longer. If the orks get a kit that can make several vehicles out of they will be happy for quite a while, just hoe they get a better kit than us eldar players got with the W serpent.

Steve

Malakai
01-07-2005, 22:04
I doubt they will redo the vyper, maybe toss in one of the new heavy weapon sprues, but the model is still one of the best vehicle models in 40K. The bikes are also just as cool, but are in desperate need of new riders. Maybe they will add in some of the multi part guardians as their torso fits on the legs pretty well. As to the aspects...ugh, yeah I still use second edition aspect warriors.

Malakai

Kargos Bloodspit
01-07-2005, 22:25
I doubt they will redo the vyper, maybe toss in one of the new heavy weapon sprues, but the model is still one of the best vehicle models in 40K. The bikes are also just as cool, but are in desperate need of new riders. Maybe they will add in some of the multi part guardians as their torso fits on the legs pretty well. As to the aspects...ugh, yeah I still use second edition aspect warriors.

Malakai

they need to re-do the model to change the back rider to be armoured just as the new Guardians. Same applies to Guardian jetbikes.

Orcdom
01-07-2005, 22:31
well the riders for the bikes, vypers and warwalkers are all that i would like to see redone to those anyways. well maybe the rear turrett needs a little something added to it but just the same it could be left alone, just please redo the striking scorpions, and those fire dragons need something, i dont like the guns and thier helms have changed, the dire avenger go back to the old 2nd ed ones as being seperate, not just an upgraded guardian.
and lets not even get started on the Wave Serpent

Steve

Nazguire
02-07-2005, 00:53
the dark eldar codex is basically the oldest. i cant remember if the eldar or the orks were first last ed, but the Orks got a complete overhaul last edition. the eldar got quite a bit redone, but half of those, most of the players still look for the 2nd ed figs at least for the aspects because they still look better. Eldar would take more work to re release if they are going to redo the war walker, WL, bikes, vypers, and W Spiders which havent seen a new model yet.

The orks will probly get a vehicle kit do do them for a little while longer. If the orks get a kit that can make several vehicles out of they will be happy for quite a while, just hoe they get a better kit than us eldar players got with the W serpent.

Steve

The Vyper and bikes in general are fine. Fix the riders, give more poses to the Warp Spiders, more bits for the WL and redo the War Walker and they should be all fine :)

The Aspect Warriors to me are mixed. On the one hand I quite the Howling Banshees, Fire Dragons, Warp Spiders but on the other the Dire Avengers, Striking Scorpions, Dark Reapers, Shining Spears are all either bad, god-awful or need more detail or all three...somehow...

Orcdom
02-07-2005, 03:24
the swooping hawks,fire dragons, and banshees are really the only good ones because you can mix them in a squad with the old and they still look good, the others, bla

i saw a guy post a pic on portent a long time ago where he made all or most of his aspects from guardians and they didnt look too bade, esp the warp spider, he converted the warp spiderd using the exarchs backpack and dual web spinners(needing only half) the paintjob was superb as well. i know i dont like the new dire avengers but those warp spiders were sweet.

really the only thing that needs redone on the war walker is the gunner and his cockpit, keel the legs and the weapon fits, inless they do plan on making the TLinked.

Steve

Triceron
02-07-2005, 09:57
Well as long as the Ork codex doesn't impede on a Tau codex release, all should be well. As much as I'd like to see new Ork units and maybe some spiffed up command models, I really can't wait to see what the Tau Codex has in store!

Orcdom
02-07-2005, 16:06
i think the tau codex is new enough, it should wait a while till its rereleased, get the older codexes done first.
Steve

AcolyteLouxman
02-07-2005, 19:35
Just a thought from a lowly scout.
But is there not a large hole in the shape of Codex: Alien hunters (ordos xenos) looming over the horizon. that would fit in with the "nemisis" theory... daemon hunters, if im not much mistaken, was released quite close to chaos, which hunters to guard, ork or eldar would be perfectfor the xenos... just a thought. (sorry if its been mentioned elsewhere)

AL

The Orange
02-07-2005, 20:18
You know the BTs-Tau-Orks would work well with the whole nemesis idea. Dont know how much time all of that would take, but It sounds logical to me, considering that they dont plan to do too much with the Tau codex.

Starchild
02-07-2005, 21:46
I doubt they will redo the vyper... The bikes are also just as cool... As to the aspects...ugh, yeah I still use second edition aspect warriors.
Agreed. I use 2nd ed. Aspect helmets with the current 3rd ed. bodies. It's amazing how good the new Banshees look with the old helmets. My Fire Dragons have plastic Guardian bodies with the old helmets and the old plastic fusion blasters (formerly meltaguns).

I doubt that Jes would make a new Vyper because of the time involved, but I can definately imagine him redesigning the Jetbike riders or simply making an entirely new kit.

The Wave Serpent might be a get-me-by kit until Jes can design something better.

As for the Wraithlord and the Warwalker, they are long overdue for an update. The basic parts of both models have been around since 1986.

Hopefully Jes Goodwin will take a more active role in the design of the new Eldar so we won't see anymore Fitzpatrick Banshees or Morley Scorpions (yuck!).

GodHead
02-07-2005, 22:18
All the large Eldar vehicles are awful. Have you ever actually looked at the lines on them?? They're supposed to be elegant and well designed, but they look like something the Vogons designed. All bulbous with this blobule sticking out of that blobule. Garbage.

Hellebore
03-07-2005, 01:14
I find the eldar vehicles are great WITHOUT the turrets.

If you look at a profile shot of a falcon chassis it looks long and stream lined, but put a turret on it and it suddenly loses its supposed elegant and quick nature.

The only eldar vehicles that really work for me are the ForgeWorld ones, as they seem to embody the ideals much better than GW does.

The FW automated serpent turret is low enought that when you look at it in profile it still looks good, and doesn't break up the outline.

ANd don't get me started on the orgasmatron 5000 that is the scorpion MkII :D

hellebore

GodHead
03-07-2005, 02:05
I don't think it's the turrets. There are no clean lines on the thing. The shape is interrupted by the big vent things on the side, which have little tiny vent things on them, there are big bulbous pods all over the skin of the vehicle. The only clean lines are the idiotic swooping arm things on them that don't even fit with the huge blobby back that all their vehicles have. The square/flat troop compartments on the back are incredibly stupid as well, the new Wave Serpent especially.

Aurelien
03-07-2005, 02:14
The Wave Serpent might be a get-me-by kit until Jes can design something better.

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Who are you kidding? Thats the model we are stuck with for at least the next two editions of the game, if not more...I expect Jes will be long dead before it is decided to redesign the WS....

And reading back a bit further: Malakai, Jes saying that he is ready to start on the eldar again means we wont see them anytime this year. The leadup process for plastic miniatures takes a long time before they are finished, what with the cutting mold out of steel etc. Maybe this time next year.

philbrad2
03-07-2005, 10:26
HAHAHAHAHAHA! Who are you kidding? Thats the model we are stuck with for at least the next two editions of the game, if not more...I expect Jes will be long dead before it is decided to redesign the WS....

Have to agree, WS has just been released GW aren't going to redesign it becasue a few gamers on the internet don't like it. When Falcon/Serpent sales slacken or we're 10 years down the line (not that longer for the Falcon kit IIRC it came out in '97 :wtf: ) then a revamp may be looked atm and then I suspect another few years foe development are in order. I'd like to see the extra rear fins/wings in the new FW Scorpion incorporated into the Faclon design to give a update. If you think the current Falcon/WS is bad have you seen the old Epic version, Armorcast used to produce the 40K scale resin model that thing and its shocking.

I think the Eldar Falcon kit still cut's it personally despite its age put it against other kits of its age and it still look pretty good, The Rhino/LR have shown us though just how lacking in accessories and detail the earlier GW tanks kits are. The new Eldar weapon sprue in the WS helps update the look with the wargear it has on the sprues.

Aurelien
03-07-2005, 10:32
If you think the current Falcon/WS is bad have you seen the old Epic version, Armorcast used to produce the 40K scale resin model that thing and its shocking.

Is that the Iron/shoebox WS/falcon variants?

Frankly, I like the falcon and waveserpent. Its not that bad.

Karhedron
03-07-2005, 12:09
But is there not a large hole in the shape of Codex: Alien hunters (ordos xenos) looming over the horizon.
GW have said that they are putting Ordo Xenos on the back burner for a while. Basically they don't just want to do Deathwatch, Xeno inquisitors and Stormtroopers. They want to do something a bit more different and not just a cut-and-paste job of the last two.

hood_oz
07-07-2005, 00:03
GW have said that they are putting Ordo Xenos on the back burner for a while. Basically they don't just want to do Deathwatch, Xeno inquisitors and Stormtroopers. They want to do something a bit more different and not just a cut-and-paste job of the last two.

So the rumours were true! I had heard they wanted to do something more than just a few different retainers for the squad, and wanted to get away from it being the deathwatch version of grey knights or sisters of battle from the other books.

Does this mean the speculation of using deathwatch, alien mercenaries, and other generic planetary defence force groups (like arbites) is a possiblity?

Might be fun to see what privateers/inquisitors come out for that. As I can seriously see a trading house leader with associated staff, leading a force into alien territory for 'trade' purposes. ;)

Karhedron
07-07-2005, 08:38
It is difficult to know what GW are planning for Alien Hunters. Things like Rogue Trader entourages and the like could be very interesting but nothing is known at this point. It may be that GW themselves have not sat down and decided exactly what it will be like.

my_name_is_tudor
07-07-2005, 11:12
If the Eldar vehicles were to see a redesign (which I highly doubt they will, not soon anyway) I'd like to see them take more of the feel that this FW Scorpion Type 2 (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/acatalog/scorpp5store.jpg)
Much sleeker than the current falcon, because it is a lot lower, relatively speaking - in reality it is just as tall as a falcon, but that is because its a super-heavy, a normal tank would be less tall.

philbrad2
07-07-2005, 13:46
Is that the Iron/shoebox WS/falcon variants?

This thing ....

http://www.lanceradvanced.com/Models/Images/Serpent.jpg

*Sideshow Bob stylie URRRGHHHGGGHH!!!*

Looks like a sci-fi iron... where's the ironing board?

It is difficult to know what GW are planning for Alien Hunters. Things like Rogue Trader entourages and the like could be very interesting but nothing is known at this point. It may be that GW themselves have not sat down and decided exactly what it will be like.

Last thing anyone I spoke to from Games Dev at UKGD last year would say was they didn't want to go down the Witch/Daemonhunter route, the armylists are very similar. I'd like to see the Ordo Xenos in smaller more high tech but more deadly teams rather than armies as the WH/DH's seem to be fielded. Still think we'll see some sort of tie in with the Adeptus Mechanicus at some point with the AH's

GodHead
07-07-2005, 17:00
Smaller than a Daemonhunter army? Do you even know how much a Grey Knight costs?

philbrad2
07-07-2005, 17:39
Smaller than a Daemonhunter army? Do you even know how much a Grey Knight costs?

Quite thanks, I run one myself. Not all GK's have to maxxed out Termi infested lists. My point is that DH/WH armies are geared to fielding a force akin to an existing army, I forsee AH being able to field a 'regular army' as well as formations more like a =I= with perhaps 2 x 5 man Deathwatch killteam style squads, something that seems more in line with Deathwatch SOP's.

My remarks were geared to the make up of the army not just the number of models in it, there's a subtle difference I think you'll find if you care to look!

Orcdom
07-07-2005, 21:33
that is the old wave serpent, based off of the space marine edition of epic.
IIRC in epic it created a wave as it moved and pushed aside other troops i think.
been a loooong time.

Steve

charlie_c67
08-07-2005, 10:19
Yeah that's right, so it did sorta iron the ground as it went :D

AcolyteLouxman
16-07-2005, 14:04
sorry if im bein dum or ignorant again but isnt an ork rerelease kinda essential... the only place i can find the rules for thier weapons is online or in the old rulebook, so newbies wont be able to start

Insane Psychopath
16-07-2005, 15:30
Yes Ork really do need a update ASAP. Other racies like Dark Eldar & Tau get update codexies while Ork have stand for a very long time with out any new stuff... even a updated version of there codex.

So it is only right that they be the next army after Templas to get a new codex.

As said they don't even have there gun rule in there own codex.

t-tauri
16-07-2005, 15:41
As said they don't even have there gun rule in there own codex.
As has been said about a dozen times, it's in the latest printings of the Ork codex. Only those who bought the first printing don't have it and they should have the info from the old BBB.

Psychopath please, please spellcheck and try and type in something resembling English. I know you aren't a native English speaker but your posts are incredibly hard to decipher.

lordmetroid
16-07-2005, 18:21
T-tauri, don't complain on him... I find you guys alot, to not be forgiving for any kind of misunderstandement of the english language. It is not at all to cryptic to understand if one have somewhat more proficient association skills then a targ would have.

Karhedron
16-07-2005, 21:18
So it is only right that they be the next army after Templas to get a new codex.
However Orks are not the next codex coming after the Black Templars. I have reasonably reliable hints on the next two codices and neither is Orks.

Hoshi No Koe
16-07-2005, 22:05
As has been said about a dozen times, it's in the latest printings of the Ork codex. Only those who bought the first printing don't have it and they should have the info from the old BBB.

Psychopath please, please spellcheck and try and type in something resembling English. I know you aren't a native English speaker but your posts are incredibly hard to decipher.

I have also seen worse posts than his. It's all pretty easy to understand.

So Karhedron, you wouldn't be in any position to hint what the next codices might be would you? From what I've read I assume one of those is the Tau dex but what do you think is the one after that?

Although I'm not really of the opinion Orks need a new codex as much as other races do, I do think they deserve it, as their codex is the oldest one still in service IIRC.
However, games and fluff wise I think Eldar and DE need a new dex more than Orks and I'm an ork player. Both Eldar varieties are effective enough but'the main problem I have with Eldar is that some of their units are too good in comparison to their other units which means most people use the same units. DE while good and fun to play with, really need a new range of models and some new rules to make them more diverse and up to date IMO.

Decius
17-07-2005, 02:26
If they do Eldar, they should redo the Falcon to look like this. (http://www.coolminiornot.com/index/c/SF/m/GW/id/90311)

Seriously though, I have something real to contribute. :(

Orcdom
17-07-2005, 02:34
that is a beautiful wave serpent.

note: still dont like the damn sythes would rather see the fins from the WD conversion

Steve

Rabid Bunny 666
17-07-2005, 02:36
does anyone have a link to it apart from CMON as its not working here :(

Maxis Lithium
17-07-2005, 05:04
Perhaps I'm flogging a dead horse, but the only codex I have heared any evedence for beyond BT is Eldar.

GW went in on a conceptualizing project regarding the Eldar late 2004. This Tau thinkg came out of no where, and I heared that they were THINKING about doing an Ork project after Eldar.

Granted, this was back when people were still hypothosizing about the content of the Nid codex.

One of the things I noticed is that the local GW moved a chunk of Eldar modles during a recent auction to clear invintory.

Additionally, it would make sense that they would ride the push of the Wood Elf release, given that it will give rise to an interest in Eldar rangers and the like.

Adama
17-07-2005, 07:05
GW went in on a conceptualizing project regarding the Eldar late 2004. This Tau thinkg came out of no where, and I heared that they were THINKING about doing an Ork project after Eldar.

And they starting THINKING about 4th Ed in early 2001, but we didn't see it for a further three and a half years.

Just because a developer has ideas in his head doesn't mean you'll see it for a while. The lead designer (Read: Phil) for Codex Eldar wasn't even decided upon in the timeframe you're quoting.

And there are ideas swimming in a certain developers head for a Blood Angels redux already, but that doesn't mean you'll see it before, after, or even at the same time as, say, Space Wolves or Dark Angels.

Speculation about GW is like shooting fish in a pond in the dark with a magnum in a gimp hand.

Karhedron
18-07-2005, 08:32
So Karhedron, you wouldn't be in any position to hint what the next codices might be would you? From what I've read I assume one of those is the Tau dex but what do you think is the one after that?
If I spilled the beans I would not be given any more future info. :(

I do not know for certain about the Tau although given the shear quantity of rumours I am inclined to think it is possible. To the best of my knowledge, Orks will be getting a new vehicle kit sometime next year but this will not be linked to their new codex. Rather it will be a one-off release like the Wave Serpent was for the Eldar.

As for the army I do have solid info on, let us just say that Jes Goodwin has been doing some really nice plastics lately. ;)

Unseeing Eye
18-07-2005, 08:35
I'm betting Eldar and Tau. :)

cailus
18-07-2005, 10:40
Here's a thought - what if GW thinks that the Orks only need a minor update ala the rumoured Tau Codex update.

Many of the Ork units still function well. I struggle to come up with anything major that is really broken in the Codex.

Karhedron
18-07-2005, 11:33
Many of the Ork units still function well. I struggle to come up with anything major that is really broken in the Codex.
The same is true of the Space Marine codex, there was nothing broken about the 3rd edition one. Most of the units still worked pretty well in 4th edition. All they did was chuck in a few new toys and options and tinker with some of the points costs slightly. It was an update but nothing on the scale of the changes that went into the new Chaos dex compared to the old one.

Nids on the other hand seem to have been somewhere in the middle. There are more changes than the Marine codex compared to the previous version but still it is not a total overhaul.

My guess is that Orks will not be massively changed but will just be revised. Given the penchant for theming things these days, I would expect to see some kind of Klan rules in the new codex.

Sildani
18-07-2005, 19:59
As for the army I do have solid info on, let us just say that Jes Goodwin has been doing some really nice plastics lately. ;)

You remind me of Engel, Karhedron. You know exactly how much to say.

Let me ask this: do you mean sculpting "greens" for new plastics, or plastics that are being released either currently or in the near future?

Orcdom
18-07-2005, 22:42
i hope Jes does the new eldar line.
Steve

my_name_is_tudor
18-07-2005, 23:52
if he doesn't I will cry, honestly. Him not doing the new marines was enough of a kick in the balls, eldar neeeed him. At least they let him do the 'nids.

Karhedron
19-07-2005, 09:42
i hope Jes does the new eldar line.

if he doesn't I will cry, honestly. Him not doing the new marines was enough of a kick in the balls, eldar neeeed him.
It is not that Jes didn't do the new Marines, he just didn't do the characters because they were in metal. Jes is head of plastics development which is why he did things like the new Carnifex. Basically part of any new range that are done in plastic are likely to have Jes involved (either as principle creator or in an overseer capacity). Parts of the range done in metal are likely to be done by other sculptors.

In the case of Eldar, I would not expect new character models to be done by Jes. However any new plastics that might be part of the range are likely to have substantial input from him.

You remind me of Engel, Karhedron. You know exactly how much to say.
High praise indeed. ;)

Let me ask this: do you mean sculpting "greens" for new plastics, or plastics that are being released either currently or in the near future?
Seeing such a carefully worded question is to tempting to resist. The answer is both.

my_name_is_tudor
19-07-2005, 16:47
Jes did however do the metal hive tyrant, and most of the other metal tyranid stuff too IIRC. They wanted to change the style of the Marines, and went to the worst people possible to do it. And thus we get crap space marine characters. Which aren't a touch on the mucho old jes goodwin versions.

Jes Goodwin is GW's greatest asset, and to see them not using him to his full potential just does my head in.

Orcdom
19-07-2005, 22:21
well maybe for once sale of marines will drop for a chance and the other ranges that need attention will get it.
.....wishfull thinking, i know.
Steve

Karhedron
20-07-2005, 09:51
Jes Goodwin is GW's greatest asset, and to see them not using him to his full potential just does my head in.
I agree that Jes is their best man, that is why they put him in charge of plastics development overall rather than just leacing him as a plain sculptor. But just because he does not do a particular model does not mean they are wasting him. Jes cannot be everywhere at once and cannot personally sculpt every model GW releases.

I suspect that Jes does as many models as his schedule allows but the simple fact is that unless they cloned him and got 6 copies all working together, it would never be possible for him to do all the models we would like. I would rather he had done the new Eldar aspect warriors (and avoided the Striking Bunny Wabbits) but the sad fact is he cannot do everything himself.

my_name_is_tudor
20-07-2005, 12:44
Sure, sure. But I thnk of it this way:

Space marine characters - there were only like.. 5 or something, sure there are more now, but some of them are passeable, Lysander is good how he is, Shrike will do, Calgar is great, those ones were just fine from the hands of these 'other' people. He was just needed for Cassius I think - and personally I don't know why they even changed the Tigurius model... The tyrannic war veterans are good, the standard veterans will pass, just these chaplains that are bugging me now. If they'd have got him doing the chaplains (including cassius) I'd have been much happier, and maybe one or two vets. Fact is he did just about nothing with that release, other that the Termis, and perhaps co-designing the new whirly. For the Templars release it'll be the scouts he's done (I'm not sure they could get him to do those butt-ugly lightning claws on the assault termi's sprue, I reckon they got one of the 'others' to do them, just as they did the new parts for the tactical etc sprues.

Tyranids - yeah almost all of it went to Jes, but what was there to do? Tyrant, 'fex (a big job I know), did he do the zoanthrope? New stealers? I'm sure there were other people who could have pulled the stealers off, brian nelson maybe? Plus the brood lord, and the zoanthrope for that matter. The 'fex and the tyant were what needed him, and they got him luckily.

Eldar infantry - give 'em to jes, thats where he shines.

Eldar vehicles - people like tim adock and such are the kings of vehicles, they can handle that one.

Orks - he needn't have a part at all in that, Brian Nelson is the king of the orks, he can handle them easily I reckon.

Further space marine releases: another blend of the 'others' on the less important ones and any add-on sprues and Jes on the main characters. i would hope.

I don't know, maybe this is too much for one man, but he's done it in the past we all know that. All the space marines were his, all the nid plastics were his, all the eldar were his, all the high elves, all the chaos space marines, almost all the Tau...

Cyberjankie
20-07-2005, 12:54
All the space marines were his, all the nid plastics were his, all the eldar were his, all the high elves, all the chaos space marines, almost all the Tau...
Oh my God! This guy must be a workoholic! But his work is realy cool... :chrome:

Karhedron
20-07-2005, 13:35
You are only counting the 40K stuff. He was probably also doing a lot of work for the Wood Elves too. Remember that he is involved in the design of all the plastics that GW produce, even those that are sculpted by other people.

Axel
20-07-2005, 20:39
It's out side the 6 month window so I doubt it.

While I usually refrain from speculation, January seems to be just within the six month windows...