PDA

View Full Version : Tualarc's Big Block O' Green

Tualarc
07-10-2006, 20:34
For a long time I've been wanting to do a good greenskin army and didn't have the means. Now is the time. I am absolutely in love with all the new gobbo models, I feel like the scale and feel is perfect and what it should have been when I started playing fantasy. The re-release of Spider riders made me an incredibly happy man and I'm trying to decide just how full of them my army will be. I'm even thinking about a possible savage orc/forest goblin army, so along the way my army might diverge in a different route or possibly split into 2 different WAGGGHHH of its own.

I've been working on the army so far, and I haven't had a name pop into mind yet, but also I've only been working for a week or so on it. While I've been enjoying that week, I really need to get it in gear to have a full 2150 in time for an early-November tourney. So far I have 3 big blocks of night goblin spearmen (1 Unassembled), 3 blocks of spider riders, 2 NG Archer units, a giant, 2 spear chukkas, a unit of trolls, Grimgor (Soon to be replaced by Snarsnik). Next to come is the muscle of my army in the form of Da Boyz, I would be on my way to pick them up, but I'm a bit sluggish atm.

I'm including a very small timeline of how its all evolved so far and I hope to improve my camera skills along with this blog. The first couple pics show the army in its most basic state - the box :D The 3rd pic is my first block of mini's I got done and the last 2 are a panoramic of what I have completed so far.

dave is the best
08-10-2006, 09:26
verry nice thats realy how my greenskins look

dave

athedrivein
11-03-2007, 07:04
:D very good my mates doing a greenskins army atm.
we need progress:D

After Shock
11-03-2007, 08:03
Tualarc slightly off topic, but you may wish to alter photo number 1 unless you are perfectly ok with your address being spread across the net forever.

Tualarc
14-03-2007, 04:23
Tualarc slightly off topic, but you may wish to alter photo number 1 unless you are perfectly ok with your address being spread across the net forever.

Its already out there for anyone looking, just gotta look hard enough. If you'd like to send me cookies though the addy's right there :evilgrin:

I've finally put WoW down and I'm back to work on these guys, gonna get some pics when I have some good sunlight tommorow.

Tualarc
23-03-2007, 02:47
Well, finally an update. Its been long enough without touching any mini's that I'm ready to get back into it. A full army all at once has been a bit daunting so I'm looking to first put out 500 points and build in blocks that size up to 2k. Pictured below is my first block of 500, or possibly exceeding it. This consists of a core block of two goblin units, a shaman, a big boss, 2 fanatics which need a new coat of paint, 2 trolls, and a giant. Now I know that theres 2 rare choices but I plan on putting in more special characters and units than are actually useable so I don't get burnt out on the gobbos.

I've picked up the new season of south park and have a couple days off work and I plan to get this all basecoated and table top quality before next wednesday. More pics to come

Tualarc
23-03-2007, 02:49
Well, finally an update. Its been long enough without touching any mini's that I'm ready to get back into it. A full army all at once has been a bit daunting so I'm looking to first put out 500 points and build in blocks that size up to 2k. Pictured below is my first block of 500, or possibly exceeding it. This consists of a core block of two goblin units, a shaman, a big boss, 2 fanatics which need a new coat of paint, 2 trolls, and a giant. Now I know that theres 2 rare choices but I plan on putting in more special characters and units than are actually useable so I don't get burnt out on the gobbos. That and I love the new plastic giant and waited since its rumors in 6th edition.

I've picked up the new season of south park and have a couple days off work and I plan to get this all basecoated and table top quality before next wednesday. More pics to come