chaos chariot mocu 120

flesh hounds x6 96
flesh hounds x6 96
chaos furies x 7 105
centigors x 5 95
hell cannon 270
pd = 2
dd = 7

Im trying to get speed and alot of terror and fear in the list.... I dont know about going small on the chars and the giants so any suggestions are welcome

Freak Ona Leash
08-10-2006, 18:22
Isnt taking a Daemon Princem ake your army a Daemons of Chaos army, rather than a hodes of Chaos, therefore meaning you need Daemons (in this case Flesh Hounds and Bloodletters) as Core? If that is the case and you still want this army, than Freak suggests the Chaos Lord with MoK, Juggernaut(or Chariot if you want the impact hits), Berserker Blade and Enchanted Shield. Bloody thing can take out whole units by himself. Freak would also advise taking Chaos Hounds to screen your troops. Khorne isnt called the god of "War, Blood and Soldiers who Charge after Birdies into Woods" for nothing. The Chaos Hounds prevent you from charging you Frenzied men, so your enemy cannot take advantage of the old "Throw the great eagle out there and flee when they charge so they get stuck in the terrain" trick. Just remember to move them so you can charge all those knights ;)

Lord Steven
08-10-2006, 18:26
Deamon Prince costs lots. For just 280 points you could have an Exalted Daemon with Diabolic Splendour, Soul Hunger and Master of Mortals.

Not sure I'd put MoK on a flyer.

I'd dropthe banner on the knights. They'll have 16 attacks anyway - an extra 1 to combat res isn't going to help much. And it could lose you 100 VP per unit.

1 unit of 5 warhounds per unit of knights would be cool.

I prefer Marauder Horsemen with a musician and flails for the occasional flank and baiting. Although the hounds are nice - being frenzied is a bit of a liability,

lokigod
08-10-2006, 23:55
hmm changed a few things see if ya like it better....
1. Dropped MOK to MOCU on deamon prince I figured almost all my army is frienzed so why not have a little control.
2. Dropped banners off knights your right it was a waste....
3. I really like the ideal of having flesh hounds, so im going to keep them :)
4. Picked up 2 spawn and with the giant I figured I could play as deined flank and they could anchor the other flank.
5. Really not sure if I should take 2 exalted demons or one demon prince would like oppions on this.
6. Also wondering if i should drop the giant and one of the spawns for a hell cannon :).
Im trying to build a fast terror causing army so with hell cannons range I doubt it would slow the army down. I was running a beast/ mortal army since I have both armys I just didnt like the feel of it.Although with mount frenzy thing i guess i could go all ambush with the special char with 3 x units of knights to hit from the front with bestigors but alas thats a whole other list:)

Lyquis
09-10-2006, 04:30
More hounds. At least two more units.

Spawn will most likely be to slow for this list and you will leave them behind.

This list might not be very fun to play. Although I will think you will do well.

Ironclad
09-10-2006, 12:21
To: lokigod

Your army list is satisfactory in that it satisfies all the rules laid out by the 'Hordes of Chaos' Armybook and the 'Warhammer Fantasy Battles' Rulebook.

Good Job

Grade: A:)

I look forward to grading further Khornate or at least Chaos army lists in the future.

Regards, Ironclad

Freak Ona Leash
09-10-2006, 16:51
To: lokigod

Your army list is satisfactory in that it satisfies all the rules laid out by the 'Hordes of Chaos' Armybook and the 'Warhammer Fantasy Battles' Rulebook.

Good Job

Grade: A:)

I look forward to grading further Khornate or at least Chaos army lists in the future.

Regards, Ironclad
That doesnt particularly help him. Ok, so he has a legal army. Freak was fairly certain that the poster knew his army was legal in the first palce. What he wanted was tactical advice Freak thinks.

druchii
09-10-2006, 17:37
demon prince MOCU 395
master of mortals
D. Splendor
soul hunger
blade of either

knights mok x 4 177
knights mok x 4 177
knights mok x 4 177
knights mok x 4 177
knights mok x 4 177
hounds x 5 30
hounds x 5 30
hounds x 5 30
chaos chariot mocu 120
chaos chariot mocu 120

flesh hounds x6 96
flesh hounds x6 96

chaos furies x 6 90
chaos giant 205
chaos spawn x2 120
pd = 2
dd = 7

Im trying to get speed and alot of terror and fear in the list.... I dont know about going small on the chars and the giants so any suggestions are welcome

Aside from the composisition of the army (more on that later) how long do you think this army will be to play with? After you get used to fielding it against the various opposing races(which is fun unto it's self) I think you'll rapidly get bored.

Most of your army just runs straight at your opponent, and your only real brain-teasers are where to move your hounds to frenzy-block your knights, and where to move your flying units.

You can't really bait and flee, you can't really varry your tactics, you're really rather beholden to your opponents style. If he goofs, and you get a charge, there's the game. If he gets smart, shoots your hounds, and then baits and flees, I see your knight units getting clobbered.

Apart from the fun factor, I'd drop the spawn and giant. They'll be too slow to keep up with the rest of the army. I'd ditch them and get some marauder horsemen, so you can actually attempt to bait and flee your opponent into advantageous charges.

d

lokigod
10-10-2006, 02:42
k changed a few more things
1. added hell cannon and centigors :) i think this will be fun:skull:
2. took out giant and spawns
3. uped furies by 1 with extra points
4. knocked flesh hounds down from 6 to 5

quick question since demon prince is undivided can he join the furies ?

Ironclad
10-10-2006, 08:26
To: Freak Ona Leash

I realise that i gave no constuctive critisism, but that is not my job. My job is to point out mistakes in army lists so that the person who originally posted the list (lokigod) can learn from his mistakes.

I'm sorry if you misunderstood.

Regards, Ironclad

lorelorn
10-10-2006, 09:44
quick question since demon prince is undivided can he join the furies ?

Characters cannot join flying units. (rulebook p.72)

Personally, I think you should put Mark of Khorne back on your general. It just seems odd to me to have a 'Khorne list' when your general is Undivided.

Also I think a Giant will be of more use to your list than the Hellcannon. better to have a terror causing creature that moves 12" towards the enemy than one that needs to shoot. Also, if you put spawn back in the list, give them the Mark of Khorne too. The Strength 5 is good, especially against any T3 skirmishers you run into.

lokigod
11-10-2006, 02:24
hmm im try it both ways with giant and spawn. I also would like to have demon prince as khorne ill just be real care ful with him lol. Im just thinking there is no way they can bait the majority of the list, and if I let him hang back some it gonna work on there nerves.