PDA

View Full Version : Revisted 2k Lizzies

Dtrik
09-10-2006, 01:39
As I've been finishing up the last of my models Ive been working on a solid 2k list over the past few weeks and this is what I've got. C&C is greatly appreciated.
Characters:
Slann 660pts- 2nd Gen., Cupped Hands of the Old Ones, Divine Plaque of Protection, BSB, Totem of Prophecy
Scar Vet 129pts- Chotec, Light Armor, Shield, Burning Blade of Chotec
Skink Priest 110pts- Lvl2

Core:
10xSkinks 70pts- Blowpipe, Scout
10xSkinks 60pts- Javelin&Shield
16xTemple Guard 323pts- Full Command, Shields

Special:
24x Blessed Saurus 338pts- Chotec, Full Command
3x Kroxigor 174pts-

Rare:
2xSalamanders 130pts-

TOTAL PTS: 1994

Alright, well for set up we have two main fighting blocks: Slann w/TG and Scar Vet w/Saurus. Flanks are guarded by Krox on one side and Sallies on the other. One skink screen unit and one scout unit to harass. And yes Im pretty stubborn about the spawning of chotec, I know alot of people say, why not get a +1 armor save with quetzl? Well with 7th edition overrunning is great, why risk having a unit rally and come back to fight another combat? The extra pursuit really helps and is a little more valuable now.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Dtrik
09-10-2006, 18:38
Just a quick BUMP

druchii
09-10-2006, 18:50
As I've been finishing up the last of my models Ive been working on a solid 2k list over the past few weeks and this is what I've got. C&C is greatly appreciated.
Characters:
Slann 660pts- 2nd Gen., Cupped Hands of the Old Ones, Divine Plaque of Protection, BSB, Totem of Prophecy
Scar Vet 129pts- Chotec, Light Armor, Shield, Burning Blade of Chotec
Skink Priest 110pts- Lvl2

Core:
10xSkinks 70pts- Blowpipe, Scout
10xSkinks 60pts- Javelin&Shield
16xTemple Guard 323pts- Full Command, Shields

Special:
24x Blessed Saurus 338pts- Chotec, Full Command
3x Kroxigor 174pts-

Rare:
2xSalamanders 130pts-

TOTAL PTS: 1994

Alright, well for set up we have two main fighting blocks: Slann w/TG and Scar Vet w/Saurus. Flanks are guarded by Krox on one side and Sallies on the other. One skink screen unit and one scout unit to harass. And yes Im pretty stubborn about the spawning of chotec, I know alot of people say, why not get a +1 armor save with quetzl? Well with 7th edition overrunning is great, why risk having a unit rally and come back to fight another combat? The extra pursuit really helps and is a little more valuable now.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

The list is fairly decent.

Have you thought about trimming the saurus unit? 24 seems like an awful high number for such expensive troops. I'd drop the unit size back down to 20(or even 18 for 6x3) and get some terradon riders.

The riders will provide a few early chances to march-block your opponent. Giving your Slann, skinks and slamanders more time to whittle down the opposisition.

Barring that, I think you could do with another unit of "scary" stuff. Right now, you just have the slann (at magic range) and the kroxigor. Once either of those units are neutralizied, you've just got a basic combat army that is waiting to be poked in the eye.

d

Leonous2006
09-10-2006, 21:47
20 Temple Guard is a must really (especially with a 2nd gen!!!). Drop the 4 extra saurus and boost the TG's numbers, two units of 20 strong saurus's is always good!!